Anyone For Motocross?

samui bill

Hi anyone out there who does motocross?i go to patong at the moment is there anyone else who does it on the island,also thinking of leasing a bit of land and building a track if anyone is interested.cheers.

There was a track between kata hill and chalong on that road where some " bungee jump show" will be.  There was even a 2 or 3 day event there wtih sponsors, but the track looks to be knocked down now.

Theres a track I see used between Tesco lotus and the main road.. There used to be a small track in Katho heading from the petrol station towards the country club but thats gone.. Shop there used to sell clothes etc and do bike rents.. Tho when I went they had no boots in UK 10's and I didnt want to ride in soft trainers..

Used to like MTX.. Would have a bash at enduro to get my bike skills back before really pushing too hard..

• 3 weeks later...

I would be interested in getting back into the sport (haven't ridden since I came here 9 months ago) if I could find some good tracks. The only one I know of is the one in Kata but it is more Supercross than Motocross and I think I would get bored of just the one track quite soon. I saw what looked like an unused track on the way to the airport, on the right a few kms past the Phuket Town Tesco Lotus but I am not sure who owns the land.

I would be interested in getting back into the sport (haven't ridden since I came here 9 months ago) if I could find some good tracks. The only one I know of is the one in Kata but it is more Supercross than Motocross and I think I would get bored of just the one track quite soon. I saw what looked like an unused track on the way to the airport, on the right a few kms past the Phuket Town Tesco Lotus but I am not sure who owns the land.

I havnt been to the 1 in kata whare is that? i go to 1 in patong in the hills,there is also 1 next to the go karting down at the bottom of patong hill,the 1 on the bypass was used for a race meeting,but has gone bad because of all the rain.i tend to find that they seem to have more supercross type tracks in thailand than motocross ,i am thinking of opening a shop for motocross spares myself,i have my 125cc for sale and will then get a fourstroke.i am in the uk at the moment but maybe could get together when i get back.cheers.

My apologies I meant to say Kathu, the one on the left as you come down the mountain leaving Patong (sounds like the same one that you mean). PM me when you get back from the UK, I might even be interested in the 125.