Sterling ...UK Pound dropped below 45

wouldn't worry too much, though it is a bit disappointing currently for us. But it's not a case of IF the BOE will raise UK interest rates, it's a case of WHEN.

Would not be surprised if they are letting people rack of as much Christmas credit debt before raising them in January.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

wouldn't worry too much, though it is a bit disappointing currently for us. But it's not a case of IF the BOE will raise UK interest rates, it's a case of WHEN.

Would not be surprised if they are letting people rack of as much Christmas credit debt before raising them in January.

The Markets (FX & LSE) reacted strongly (UK Banks were down 2-4+%) when it was announced interest rates were staying at 0.1% so I think they'll raise it to the expected 0.25% at December's meeting.

I also think we'll see gradual increases every 2-3 months for 2022.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, petertucker48 said:

Johnson and the British SLEEZE government my be the reason !!

Just read what's happened this week.

Not looking good for the conservative bunch.

I am not a labour man but the British Conservatives are buying their own graves, time for Johnson to be replaced QUICKLY!!

Yeah, take the Thai clown. Nobody would miss him here ????

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

Macron doesn't help the £ rate he wants to cause UK as much trouble as he can, that's why I don't like him and call him an idiot. 

So why the message calling me racist and gutless ball sack when you can post it here are you French. 

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Chivas said:

Sterling dumped against the Dollar simply because the UK didnt see the anticipated interest rate rise

Nothing to do with Thai Baht per se which has been bouncing around 33.30 for some time against its benchmark

There's these letters again "per se", it is English letters, but is it an English word? I graduated from an English teachers training academy in Bangkok to become an English teacher, and these letters never appeared anywhere.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, crazykopite said:

I’ve always been of tge opinion that Thailand manipulates the Thai baht 

So have I, it is no coincidence that the Baht got stronger since the unelected soldier took the country at gunpoint in 2014, it was around 50 Bt to the UK pound then and reached a low of about 37 Bt to the GBP.

I know about Brexit and that would have an effect, but I believe that these soldiers do manipulate the Thai Baht somehow. Money in offshore accounts maybe?

How much has this unelected soldiers wealth increased in that time? Something we will never know.

• Like 1

Some of the responses are simply mind boggling lol. I've said 101 times on this forum that there should be a pinned/closed moderator topic on how foreign exchange is actually calculated as so many think wrongly

ONLY the USD has a "direct" exchange rate with every worldwide currency. The rest of us are subject to a two pairings number crunch to get the interbank rate

Movement in either pairing effects the bottom line.

Baht has been virtually unmoved all this last week bouncing around 33.20 to 33.30

18 hours ago, mlkik said:

29 baht to the pound? What century was that then ?

Try October 1984. It actually dropped into the 27's in that period as well.  I was in Thailand for a few months in 2nd half of 1984 and well recall the low GBP/THB rate around that time.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, petertucker48 said:

I am not a labour man but the British Conservatives are buying their own graves, time for Johnson to be replaced QUICKLY!!

Most go for digging there own graves . On that subject the British working man put the conservatives in power at the last election . Many deceased  unionists' must of been turning in there graves . 

22 hours ago, petertucker48 said:

Nice and sleazy does it....

Kwarteng was asked to name one thing Bunter's done to enhance integrity and probity since coming to office......he answered Brexit!!!

You couldn't write this stuff.

4 hours ago, itsari said:

Most go for digging there own graves . On that subject the British working man put the conservatives in power at the last election . Many deceased  unionists' must of been turning in there graves . 

Labour refused to do what the electorate told them to do , so people voted for whoever did what the voters told them to do and thus Conservatives won the election because they agreed to abide by the peoples vote  . 

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Labour refused to do what the electorate told them to do , so people voted for whoever did what the voters told them to do and thus Conservatives won the election because they agreed to abide by the peoples vote  . 

Yes , correct , but a misguided vote .

The working people voted to get what they wanted from a conniving conservative party . 

The conservative party had an agenda to get out of the EU that was different from the working people of the UK . I am refering to the human rights court in Europe that the ruling classes could not deal with .

The Labour party understood what was best for the majority of the UK . The labour party is not compelled to follow what the voters were wanting . That shows integrity from the Labour party .that was not showing from the conservatives .

• Haha 2

So, all the doomsayers telling us that Thailand is about to crash -be even-worse then the 97 crash--(when the Baht touched 70 to the GBP) with no tourists.

Have they all taken a couple of weeks off from posting-------:w00t:

• Like 1

Just now, lungbing said:

"Labour Party"  "Integrity"  .  There's a combination of words I never thought to see together in a sentence.  Unless there was a negative inbetween that is.

No negatives in my opinion . 

If your leaning is right wing i can understand your comment .