Thai, New Zealand PMs meet virtually as APEC chairmanship handover looms

webfact

15033669910274.jpg

Thai Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha and New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, Photo courtesy of the Government House (Thai Ku Fah)

Thai Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha had a discussion, via video conference today (Friday), with his New Zealand counterpart, Jacinda Ardern, to discuss the priorities of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC), as Thailand is to take the baton of the chairmanship of the regional cooperation grouping from New Zealand next year.

Both the leaders also discussed a wide range of regional and bilateral issues, including ASEAN’s role in Myanmar, said Government Spokesman Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana.

As this year marks the 65th anniversary of diplomatic relations between Thailand and New Zealand, both leaders expressed their wishes for the expansion of bilateral cooperation, covering health, education, tourism, investment and energy.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-new-zealand-pms-meet-virtually-as-apec-chairmanship-handover-looms/

Logo-top-.png
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Both the leaders also discussed a wide range of regional and bilateral issues, including ASEAN’s role in Myanmar, said Government Spokesman Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana.

Bet that was onteresting?

• Haha 2

Well, Prayut was OK with everything as next year the tills will be filled with endless inflow from their Burmese brethren ....... wanna bet?

Apart from all that, he does not speak a word of English while her language is New Zealandish and only faintly linked with the Queen's English - me thinks! Regretfully it is not possible to listen into such top secret (for whatever reasons) conversations - I am sure it must have been loaded with hilarious "aray na?" and "mai chow chai loei" ........ 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Well, Prayut was OK with everything as next year the tills will be filled with endless inflow from their Burmese brethren ....... wanna bet?

Apart from all that, he does not speak a word of English while her language is New Zealandish and only faintly linked with the Queen's English - me thinks! Regretfully it is not possible to listen into such top secret (for whatever reasons) conversations - I am sure it must have been loaded with hilarious "aray na?" and "mai chow chai loei" ........ 

I bet Prayut's translator had few problems when Jacinda said something like "Au yeah, gudday theeere Muster proime munnista, owz thungs gon tuddiy. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand is to take the baton of the chairmanship of (APEC)

and with Cambodia taking the chair of ASEAN, the Chinese must be rubbing their hands??

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50957738/cambodia-shows-commitment-as-asean-chair-2022/

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information

11 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

There making a movie about this along the lines of "When Harry met Sally".

The movie is called "When Dumbo met the World's Most Neurotic Woman".

I understand Jacinda intends foregoing any awards from the film Academy and has instead  asked the Nobel Foundation to create a new category for "Millennial neurotic women whose only job was a part time fish 'n chip girl who became a totalitarian Marxist PM and ruined the lives of five million people, but she made the Maoris and greenies happy, so that's all right then".

What an idiotic post.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, George Aylesham said:

Its easy to mock someone else's accent isn't it?

I'm a Kiwi.  If I want to mock the accent of the esteemed leader of my country,  I think I have every right to do so. I'm also 3.75% indigenous Maori - this gives me the inalienable privilege of mocking my white slave masters with legal and moral impunity.