20,000 tourists enter Thailand since Nov 1 - most from USA

webfact

REUTERS.jpg

More than 20,000 tourists have entered Thailand since November 1, with most hailing from the United States.

On Sunday, the Department of Disease Control (DDC) said that a total of 20,092 tourists had entered the country since November 1, the day when Thailand reopened 17 provinces to fully vaccinated travelers.

Of those, just 15 had tested positive for COVID-19, accounting for approximately 0.07 per cent of all arrivals.

The DDC said most arrivals from hailed from the United States (2,465), Germany (2,334), the UK (1,376), and Japan (1,258), followed by South Korea (906), Russia (905), Switzerland (838), Sweden (724), France (695), and UAE (542).

Most of the arrivals (12,978) entered Thailand at Suvarnabhumi Airport, followed by Phuket Airport (6,722 people) Samui Airport (309) and Chiang Mai Airport (83).

The confirmed COVD-19 cases were found amongst tourists arriving at Suvarnabhumi Airport (5 positive tests) and Phuket Airport (10 positive tests).

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2021-11-08

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

1 hour ago, webfact said:

15 had tested positive for COVID-19, accounting for approximately 0.07 per cent of all arrivals.

Has there been any reporting concerning those travelling close to those testing positive? Are they tracked down, re-tested, held in a quarantine facility for X days, whatever?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

Of course, when you want reliable statistics on tourist arrivals the Dept. of Disease Control is the obvious place to ask [rolleyes]. Just like when I want to know about, say, the number of dengue fever cases then the people in the know about that will all be at TAT, lol.

Now, if there were a pandemic prevalent in this part of the world, then you might think that the Dept. of Disease Control would be keeping a tally. But since nothing like that is occurring....oh wait...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

REUTERS.jpg

More than 20,000 tourists have entered Thailand since November 1, with most hailing from the United States.

Are all those 20 K passengers people that are on a 2/3 week Holiday in Thailand , or, are some in transit to other Countries.

1 hour ago, ericdiam said:

20k. Someone put to many 0 I think. Tourists? NO expats who live here are returning and mass Thai are returning. Nearly zero tourists.

I came back from Europe yesterday. Plane not even 50 people total. Over 50% Thai. And the rest retired people who have property or family here. Tourists close to ZERO

Agree. This morning there seems to be an increase of farangs eating at my favorite Thai eatery and almost all seem like they are the elderly type/retirees coming to Thailand to escape the winter. Hardly called 'tourists'.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Care to expand a little bit for us. I too am an American, but I still try and travel back to the US when I can. With the lifting of restrictions I will fly out in January and return about 5 weeks later.

I travel about 9 months a year. Too many better places to spend your time and money. People from the US are clueless.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1