20,000 tourists enter Thailand since Nov 1 - most from USA

webfact

10 hours ago, garyk said:

If you can afford it, it is nice to keep a home in the US and travel IMO. It really opens your eyes on how blessed the US is.

That is the truth & sadly too many like to give it the finger on the way out...selling everything only later to find the grass was not only not greener but what they thought was a "more free" place was in reality quite the opposite...Funny the Military Junta overthrows again & again didn't provide a clue as to what they were getting into

But then again if you look closely the cheerleaders are usually the been living in Thailand under 5 years crowd or those who as above have no way back physically or financially or lastly those so firmly attached to their orgasms nothing else matters

Edited by meechai
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Hanuman2547 said:

Try Spain then.  You might just like it.

Maybe so but, at least for the next few years, I am not traveling anywhere outside Thailand unless travel is mission critical and that includes the Estados Unidos.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, johnhender said:

I think Gary is right on this - the Thai-er than thai's just don't see this in Thailand There is no imperfections they won't explain away  Why would any American put themselves through all the BS for a country that doesn't even want them there besides the weather- what else it there ? Say what you want about the USA but we do function, Most everything works and we learn from our mistakes. When I retire I will visit maybe once a year, but Gary is right there are so many better places to go ( Costa Rica for example and they aren't trashing their country and everything is open ) without the BS, I see it for what the country really is, a bunch of smoke and mirrors, a face of modernity hiding a mess, I have been to BKK 58 times all across the country. I know where my position in Thai society ( a unwanted visitor who is tolerated as long as I spend money ) is unlike these expats who are dumb enough to think they are wannabe Thai's. I remember what a government official told me on my first visit- " We tolerate the Farang but when we are tired of them we will kick them all out and take whatever we please " Of all my visits that is what stuck with me, For all these Thai-er than Thai expats who couldn't make it in their home country ( yes that is really what your country men think of you they just don't say it ) you will get you Thai wake up call and it won't be pretty 

Well that was a whole load of nonsense,  ????????????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, garyk said:

About what I thought. 

Many folks travel to Thailand to train before their next ring or cage match as well.  haha

There is nothing here that is not common knowledge. 

Sure, it is polluted beyond belief. The air pollution alone kills countless Thai's each year and shortens the lives of anyone who lives there.

Dual pricing, hospitals, parks, it is endless.

If a retiree the hoops are ridiculous.  Extension every year. 90 day reports. 

You cannot put down roots as far as owning a small piece of land.

It has been touristy for so many years the Thai's regard us as strictly money pits. From the government on down to the country girls. Listening to stories from the prostitutes that come back to the villages spending the money of the stupid westerner. And not just Americans. 

I lived there 10 years and the Europeans and others were fleeced more that the US guys were IMO.

As soon as the Chinese start traveling again it will revert back to the same old thing. Beaches will be horribly polluted again. Along with everything else.

So far you have not said anything that suggests it is a good retirement destination or vacations spot what so ever?

There are so many places that are better.  

Weird you would waste your time on a Thai centric forum then. Or are you here to convert us all? Open our eyes? Lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, johnhender said:

I have been all over Costa Rica and I didn't need security,

Must admit I've been to Costa Rica maybe 50 times and never felt it to be in anyway dangerous.

Maybe folks who have never been there equate it to everything 'South American Drug Gang' territory!

...and I rather like the place

17 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Must admit I've been to Costa Rica maybe 50 times and never felt it to be in anyway dangerous.

Maybe folks who have never been there equate it to everything 'South American Drug Gang' territory!

...and I rather like the place

Been there myself on personal security details. Lived in the country for 6 months. If you have nothing valuable and are not identified as a target for theft, kidnapping and ransom you are left alone, its the folks who move there permanently that display any type of wealth who need security.  General tourists have no issues.  Costa Rica being compared to a place like Thailand for residence was what my original post on the subject was in response to.  Some folks just do not live here in Thailand and yet want to compare it to elsewhere.

On 11/9/2021 at 8:20 AM, sekmet said:

The unvaccinated Americans probably wouldn't go to Thailand.

And if they did, they'd be subjected to multiple COVID tests and 14 days of quarantine, so what's the worry?

On 11/8/2021 at 5:40 AM, garyk said:

I am an American, but this shows how totally stupid people are in the US where travel is concerned. 

My Thai wife and I split our time between 2 homes in the north east of the US and Thailand. She hates the cold and we are likely to travel to Thailand soon in spite of the restrictions and closures to avoid the cold. Sure, we could rent a place in the southern US or a different country, but we own a place in Thailand plus the wife has family there. Does that make us stupid? Because that's probably why the vast majority of people are traveling to Thailand now, not for tourism in a normal sense.

And if entry numbers to Thailand demonstrate how "totally stupid" Americans are, apparently German's, UK residents, Japanese and Koreans are even more stupid because adjusted for population they're coming to Thailand in larger numbers than Americans.

• Like 1

Sounds about right. I predicted 50,000 in November, a bit more in December, up to one million in 2022 with NO restrictions, 2 million in 2023, and 5 million a year starting in 2026. No higher than that, for the next two to three decades. 

The Golden Goose has been utterly slaughtered. 

• Like 2