20,000 tourists enter Thailand since Nov 1 - most from USA

webfact

3 hours ago, sambum said:

From 12 hours ago :- "Since November 1st, when Thailand reopened the country to foreign arrivals, 16,595 have entered Thailand......................."

This post:-  "On Sunday, the Department of Disease Control (DDC) said that a total of 20,092 tourists had entered the country since November 1,................"

I'm just waiting for TAT to announce their figures - any bets on 30,000 +?

Give 'em a break. They're waiting for the computer to do the math. It's busy right now sorting the Thailand Pass conundrum....????

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Some Americans only have 2-4 weeks to travel and many are repeat travelers to Thailand. I don't see how that make them stupid or clueless.

And some would just like to soak up the Thai culture at the Mandarin Oriental  / Bangkok or some spa resort near Phuket and have no interest in some diversion like taking pictures of birds.

Like I said clueless, Travel is my main hobby. Photography and birding a a verrrry small part of my travel. Just clueless is the only way I know how to put it.

Edited by garyk
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, garyk said:

Like I said clueless, Travel is my main hobby. Photography and birding a a verrrry small part of my travel. Just clueless is the only way I know how to put it.

Travel. Great. Some have been doing that for 30 or 40 years and if they just now want a place to stay put, this is it. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Travel. Great. Some have been doing that for 30 or 40 years and if they just now want a place to stay put, this is it. 

Thailand for retirement? are you kidding me?  Care to expand on that!

I think people of the US are smart and savvy, just not on travel IMO. I love the US and will always keep a home there. But, travel is not a strong suit for Americans.

Edited by garyk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Still need an explanation on the clueless remark, clueless about? vaccines, Testing, social distancing, mask wearing, acting like a Karen, can you expand on that one, I could go on guessing all day long and still not hit the mark, unless your just trolling...

Come on! Nobody that travels much these day considers Thailand a good vacation or retirement destination. I am curious, have you lived there for many many years? Did you work in Thailand?

These are long term snowbirds not real "tourists" going on holiday as we all know really rocket up the numbers.

But I digress, let the childish counting continue.... 

Edited by onthedarkside
trolling image removed
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Lived here permanently for the last three years, but that was not the question I asked you now was it.  I know of many folks who travel to Thailand on a regular basis, and many more like me that have retired here in the past few years.  Never worked directly n the country just as a contractor as one of my locations I took jobs in, like Macau, The Phils, Singapore, Taiwan, Guam etc... First came to Thailand many years ago with a group on a deployment, but then I have traveled all over the world.  Many folks travel to Thailand to train before their next ring or cage match as well.  Lots to see and do here in actuality.  Great base, well it was until Covid hit, for being a centrally located location for stepping off to elsewhere.  

Please tell me why you believe, besides the restrictions in place, people do not find Thailand a good destination or retirement location.  I lived in the Phils for awhile on Cebu, but alas I enjoyed Thailand more.  

About what I thought. 

Many folks travel to Thailand to train before their next ring or cage match as well.  haha

There is nothing here that is not common knowledge. 

Sure, it is polluted beyond belief. The air pollution alone kills countless Thai's each year and shortens the lives of anyone who lives there.

Dual pricing, hospitals, parks, it is endless.

If a retiree the hoops are ridiculous.  Extension every year. 90 day reports. 

You cannot put down roots as far as owning a small piece of land.

It has been touristy for so many years the Thai's regard us as strictly money pits. From the government on down to the country girls. Listening to stories from the prostitutes that come back to the villages spending the money of the stupid westerner. And not just Americans. 

I lived there 10 years and the Europeans and others were fleeced more that the US guys were IMO.

As soon as the Chinese start traveling again it will revert back to the same old thing. Beaches will be horribly polluted again. Along with everything else.

So far you have not said anything that suggests it is a good retirement destination or vacations spot what so ever?

There are so many places that are better.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, garyk said:

Thailand for retirement? are you kidding me?  Care to expand on that!

I think people of the US are smart and savvy, just not on travel IMO. I love the US and will always keep a home there. But, travel is not a strong suit for Americans.

I plan to retire in the US, not here.

1 minute ago, Ralf001 said:

I plan to retire in the US, not here.

If you can afford it, it is nice to keep a home in the US and travel IMO. It really opens you'r eyes on how blessed the US is. Most of the guy's in Thailand cannot afford to go back home. And most of the guy's that I meet there had not traveled much at all. 

My suggestion is if you are thinking of retiring to Thailand don't do it until you have traveled and visited and lived at least 3 months in other countries.

Thailand is not that good of a place IMO. 

11 hours ago, ericdiam said:

20k. Someone put to many 0 I think. Tourists? NO expats who live here are returning and mass Thai are returning. Nearly zero tourists.

I came back from Europe yesterday. Plane not even 50 people total. Over 50% Thai. And the rest retired people who have property or family here. Tourists close to ZERO

More believable. Many expats foolish bought property in Thailand. Now, will find those properties in need of mold cleaning, etc upon return. I resisted the encouragement from Thais to buy in Thailand. Gut feeling. Plus the few long time American expats I talked to said, They wish they hadn't bought. To many headaches when it comes to staying long term, including irritated border control officers, after seeing so many visa extensions in passport. 

16 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I think your a little out of touch with reality when you say "For all these Thai-er than Thai expats who couldn't make it in their home country ( yes that is really what your country men think of you they just don't say it ) you will get you Thai wake up call and it won't be pretty".  Many are actually fleeing the US based upon what is currently occurring and have been for years.  Sure Costa Rica is nice, but then your always looking over your shoulders and wondering about hiring your own security teams, dependent on how you decide to live, and the same goes for a few other countries as well.  

I have been all over Costa Rica and I didn't need security,

Edited by onthedarkside
personal comment removed