Vaccine required to enter Thailand or not?

So I didn't want the mRNA vaccines so I was planning to get Sinopharm if my future travel required a vaccine

Now I am seeing various info about the 3 Thai entry programs, some versions say no vaccine is fine if you book the quarantine hotel and other versions say a vaccine is now required AND I don't see Sinopharm on the list of (required?) vaccines.....

So what is the story? I thought it was supposed to be easier to visit Thailand after November but the conflicting info and buggy Thai Pass website where my private documents will likely be hacked is making me wish I went back in October instead ????

As always the Thai government websites have no clear info and you are left to browse Facebook, also when I checked the TAT tourism website on November 3rd it had no Thai Pass info and then some days later it did..... but TAT says no vaccine is fine, and Thai police Facebook says you need certain vaccines??

I'm scared to do a vaccine or book a flight and then later discover that I have done something wrong and lose all my money and time

Thank you

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, tonray said:

Forget your fears.....most here are vaccinated and yes we are still alive and kicking

problem is the country where I am now has very limited vaccine options

mostly Sinopharm is standard here

I'd rather pay for quarantine hotel in Thailand if that's still an option?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rosiepose said:

I'm scared to do a vaccine......

Why 

Edit: just saw OP reply.

Yes you can still opt for 14 day quarantine.

What about after that.

I'm flying up to Udon soon and will require to show the app with record of 2 jabs.

Just one example of living in the new world.

By all means don't get vaccinated and enjoy your limited options both here in Thailand and elsewhere.

I never understand why folk post incognito info such as ...

"problem is the country where I am now has very limited vaccine options"

Why not just state the country where you are. Might assist others or even advice from someone that is in that country and going through process of coming to Thailand.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, rosiepose said:

So what is the story? I thought it was supposed to be easier to visit Thailand after November

It is when you get vaccinated.  Until you are vaccinated you are on the outside looking in.

So what is the story? I thought it was supposed to be easier to visit Thailand after November but the conflicting info and buggy Thai Pass website where my private documents will likely be hacked is making me wish I went back in October instead

It's much easier to enter.  And your documents are not likely to be hacked.  Plus, you have to upload docs in the old system also.  Not much different.  I did it in October and just looked at the new system.  Don't worry so much.

Here's the link to start the process.  If you have any questions, just email your local embassy or consulate.  They are pretty good at responding.

https://tp.consular.go.th/

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Sinopharm is a fine vaccine.  Get the jabs and avoid the quarantine.  Plus, you'll be protecting yourself and others around you.

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/08/covid-19-vaccine-guide-for-travellers-to-thailand/

List of approved COVID-19 vaccines

Currently, the MoPH has approved the following manufacturers and vaccines:

1. CoronaVac by Sinovac Biotech Ltd – 2 doses needed / 2-4-week interval;
  2. AstraZeneca or Covishield by AstraZeneca and the University of Oxford, SK Bioscience (South Korea), Siam Bioscience, and Serum Institute of India (Covishield) – 2 doses needed / 4-12-week interval;
  3. Pfizer–BioNTech or Comirnaty by Pfizer Inc. and BioNTech 2 doses needed / 3-week interval;
  4. Janssen or Janssen/Ad26.COV2.S by Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. – 1 dose needed;
  5. Moderna by Moderna Inc. – 2 doses needed / 4-week interval);
  6. Sinopharm or COVILO by Sinopharm Co., Ltd. – 2 doses needed / 3-4-week interval);
  7. Sputnik V by the Gamaleya Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology – 2 doses needed – 3-week interval).

Meanwhile, the WHO’s guidance on the COVID-19 vaccines is available here.

thank you mate

that is from August 2021 however and some Thai immigration police office on Facebook last week said Sinopharm is not good enough to enter Thailand (for foreigners)

Edited by rosiepose

1 minute ago, rosiepose said:

thank you mate

that is from August 2021 however and some Thai immigration police office on Facebook last week said Sinopharm is not good enough to enter Thailand (for foreigners)

the list of approved vaccines hasn't changed since then.  Stick with what you read on the official immigration websites.  I'd avoid social media.

https://thaiconsulatela.org/en/information-on-travelling-from-the-us-to-thailand-during-covid-19-from-november1-2021-onwards/

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, rosiepose said:

boomer trolls: no need to respond if you have nothing helpful to say ????????

It's hardly "boomer trolls"...

This is the advice posted by resident expert in this forum ubonjoe...

"If not vaccinated you will find it difficult to travel here now. Best to get vaccinated before arriving IMO."

I basically gave similar advice earlier using reference to my upcoming travel to Udon Thani. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rosiepose said:

I think I just stumbled on my confusion apparently Sinopharm is also called COVILO and I didn't know that....

It's a very confusing time.  I was also very nervous doing my application last month.  Hopefully, your local embassy or consulate will be as helpful as the one I used.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rosiepose said:

I'm scared to do a vaccine or book a flight and then later discover that I have done something wrong

In addition to the vaccination requirements for various options entering Thailand, you should also review any of the airline's requirements for vaccination/testing.

2 hours ago, rosiepose said:

So I didn't want the mRNA vaccines

Is Johnson & Johnson/Janssen an option? AstraZeneca? Sputnik?

• Like 1

The mRNA vaccines are slightly better (I am amazed at how fear of the mRNA vaccines has taken off in some quarters) but Sinopharm is OK. Recognise that you must be fully vaccinated. A single dose is not sufficient. You must have received two doses the appropriate time apart, and are not considered fully vaccinated until two weeks after your second dose.

Thank you to everyone, part of the confusion on this website is that people response so fast and we don't see it before clicking Reply.

So I thought people are trolling me and they also missed my answers too, sorry.

I'm not refusing to get vaccinated but I don't want mRNA and I thought Sinopharm is not acceptable BUT now I understand it is okay.

But even if I begin now it will take 6-7 more weeks to complete so if you're wondering why I prefer quarantine in Bangkok that is the reason. I can see my family there and pay money for the vaccine in Thailand if needed and probably save time and money....