Bangkok Tries to Prevent Flooding

webfact

1636420740209-0x800-1.jpg

BANGKOK, Nov 9 (TNA) – The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration reinforced its embankments and installed pumps along the Chao Phraya River to protect riverside communities from high tide overflow.

Suthathip Son-iam, deputy permanent secretary for BMA, said high tide caused flooding to communities outside permanent embankments near the Krung Thon Bridge in Bang Phlad district yesterday (Nov 8).

Officials repaired temporary embankments ruptured by floating logs to stop overflow into local communities and roads. Pumps were installed to speed up drainage, she said.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-819503

tnalogo.jpg
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Officials repaired temporary embankments ruptured by floating logs to stop overflow into local communities and roads. Pumps were installed to speed up drainage, she said

Temporary sums it all up.

• Like 2

Just now, jojothai said:

Maybe more likely wet.

Buy your own boats now?

Maybe floating markets will become more of a necessity in the not far off future.

So many parts of the bankgok surrounds could well be under the water.

Is that why they are building the new elevated section of rama 2 out of bangkok to the south. Its a vital link to the south and malaysia?

I remember 2011/12.  The head honchos of each little district in Bangers were knocking down each others flood walls and pumping water all over the place just trying to get it out of their respective areas. It was a string of turf wars.

End result was the water went around in circles for a few weeks.

I well remember a bloke riding a scooter (well I think it was a scooter) with both inlet and outlet snorkels.  He was up to his lower chest in water and trucking along quite well where even 4-wheel drive trucks were avoiding.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

I remember 2011/12.  The head honchos of each little district in Bangers were knocking down each others flood walls and pumping water all over the place just trying to get it out of their respective areas. It was a string of turf wars.

End result was the water went around in circles for a few weeks.

I well remember a bloke riding a scooter (well I think it was a scooter) with both inlet and outlet snorkels.  He was up to his lower chest in water and trucking along quite well where even 4-wheel drive trucks were avoiding.

It was an Honda Nsr 150 I believe....made Thai news a couple of times.

http://2bangkok.com/motorcycles-modified-for-underwater-driving.html

Edited by edwinchester