Anyone been offered booster shots yet?

ivor bigun

32 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Through the public system, only those who receuved Sinivac or Sinopharm are currently elligible for boosters.

Moderna is starting to arrive for private hospitals and was pre-purchased by private patients, many (probably most) of whom have in the interval been immunized through the public program. And many of whom (myself included) would therefore like to use their pre-purchased Moderna as a booster. Remains to be seen what the private hospitals will do in this situation.

I got two AZ doses thru the government program. And then registered with a private hospital and paid for a single Moderna dose as a booster... So at least in theory that's supposed to work.

However, reports are that the incoming available Moderna doses being delivered thru the private hospitals association are, at least thus far, just a fraction of the number of doses pre-sold by those hospitals.  And those who haven't received any vaccine as yet typically are getting first priority for those Moderna doses...

So where that leave those who have paid for Moderna, but already received two doses of something else, remains pretty unclear.

8 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I got two AZ doses thru the government program. And then registered with a private hospital and paid for a single Moderna dose as a booster... So at least in theory that's supposed to work.

However, reports are that the incoming available Moderna doses being delivered thru the private hospitals association are, at least thus far, just a fraction of the number of doses pre-sold by those hospitals.  And those who haven't received any vaccine as yet typically are getting first priority for those Moderna doses...

So where that leave those who have paid for Moderna, but already received two doses of something else, remains pretty unclear.

Indeed it does. In addition, since booster would likely be a single shot and some hospitals required people to purchase a series of 2, there will likely be a lot of extra doses available form people willing to sell/transfer their rights. But perhaps not until early next year.

8 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

this will be my first AZ

Ok so 2 sinovacs or Sinopharms, makes perfect sense in the way they have been doing boosters.  I have 2 AZ's last one given on Sept 16th.  Wondering when and if they will do boosters for those folks like me.

I have found a few articles, and they indicate that a booster given more than six months after the second shot provides a strong bump to immunity when given as a third dose, or booster, research partners in the vaccine’s development at the University of Oxford said Monday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/third-astrazeneca-covid-shot-can-be-effective-booster/ar-AALxYaB

Edited by ThailandRyan

9 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Indeed it does. In addition, since booster would likely be a single shot and some hospitals required people to purchase a series of 2, there will likely be a lot of extra doses available form people willing to sell/transfer their rights. But perhaps not until early next year.

I believe when I registered for my single Moderna dose as a booster, the hospital's guidelines indicated they wouldn't give that shot until 6 months after I had received my second regular [AZ] vaccination, which wasn't until September. So in my personal case, I'm not rushing.... but just hoping there's a booster dose light still at the end of the tunnel.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

So please correct me if I'm wrong about this... But for someone in Thailand who's already received two regular doses of something other that Sinopharm/Sinovac, I think there are only two booster dose options available to the general public...

1. purchase a Moderna dose via the private hospitals program, and hope for the best,

or

2. travel abroad to another country/home country that has a better supply / more easily available supply of vaccine doses, and get it there.

Am I missing anything else in terms of booster options that exist right now for the non double Sinovac/Sinopharm folks?

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So please correct me if I'm wrong about this... But for someone in Thailand who's already received two regular doses of something other that Sinopharm/Sinovac, I think there are only two booster dose options available to the general public...

1. purchase a Moderna dose via the private hospitals program, and hope for the best,

or

2. travel abroad to another country/home country that has a better supply / more easily available supply of vaccine doses, and get it there.

Am I missing anything else in terms of booster options that exist right now?

I am seeking the same info as I will be heading to the US in January for a few weeks and prior to my return in February, which will be just shy of 6 moths since my second jab, I was wondering the same thing.  If I can I will just get a booster in the US and have it added to my vaccination book I just picked up at the MOPH last week.  If they will be giving them here as a regular practice then I shall wait until I return and get it at or just after 6 months.

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So please correct me if I'm wrong about this... But for someone in Thailand who's already received two regular doses of something, I think there are only two booster dose options available to the general public...

or

Am I missing anything else in terms of booster options that exist right now?

Yep I feel that's basically the two options, my only concern is will they let you use the purchased Moderna if you've had two vacs from abroad, will they ask? It seems at the moment vaccines are recognised for a duration of 12 months (2 Vacs) 

4 minutes ago, Pappap said:

Yep I feel that's basically the two options, my only concern is will they let you use the purchased Moderna if you've had two vacs from abroad, will they ask? It seems at the moment vaccines are recognised for a duration of 12 months (2 Vacs) 

My impression is, when you're dealing with the government vaccine program here at least in the past, they've only been interested in, and only keep track of, what if any vaccines you've previously received from them.

I don't think I was ever asked anywhere along the Thai government process whether I'd traveled abroad and received any vaccinations abroad.

However, that may get more complicated now under the new rules for inbound international travel for Thailand, where you can certify that you've been fully vaccinated anywhere, and have to provide the specific details, in order to avoid (two weeks?) quarantine.  Is that records system going to be tied into the MoPH's domestic vaccinations database?  I don't know...

2 hours ago, treetops said:

A mate just got an AZ booster this morning in Bang Sue, following two Sinovacs a few months ago.  I just asked him what he got and he has replied saying it'll be on the app in three days.  No certificate received.

I just registered on the Bang Sue website for a AZN booster to my 2 sinovac jabs from PhayaThai Hospital. Made a date for next week. You can make a reservation using your passport number but in my case the Government Database could not locate details of my first 2 jabs so rejected my application. I then tried again using my Thai ID number. This is the ID number starting 600000xxxxxx on my vaccination certificate. This time my registration was accepted. Confirmation sms came in less than 2 hours.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Through the public system, only those who receuved Sinivac or Sinopharm are currently elligible for boosters.

Moderna is starting to arrive for private hospitals and was pre-purchased by private patients, many (probably most) of whom have in the interval been immunized through the public program. And many of whom (myself included) would therefore like to use their pre-purchased Moderna as a booster. Remains to be seen what the private hospitals will do in this situation.

Hi. My hospital (Piyavet) has said I can transfer it to someone else, and/or change the date. I think they realise many will be looking at the booster role. Looking at current queue numbers at the hospital, if their stocks last, I'm guessing I'd be in line in a month or so, which is far too early after my AZ booster on October 25th. I think the recommended minimum is 3 months between the 2, so if I can, I will opt to postpone til end of January some time. I believe you can only change the date once.

BTW, the Bangpakok Group, of which Piyavet is a member, are quite good at providing updates via their app, BPKConnect. They publish the weekly queue numbers and you can keep a check on "approximately maybe" where you stand.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rak sa_ngop said:

I just registered on the Bang Sue website for a AZN booster to my 2 sinovac jabs from PhayaThai Hospital. Made a date for next week. You can make a reservation using your passport number but in my case the Government Database could not locate details of my first 2 jabs so rejected my application. I then tried again using my Thai ID number. This is the ID number starting 600000xxxxxx on my vaccination certificate. This time my registration was accepted. Confirmation sms came in less than 2 hours.

I got my "walk in AZ booster after 2 Sinovac from Phayathai" at the indoor stadium on chayapreuk 2 in Pattaya on October 25th. Not sure if that program is still running.

Edited by bradiston
Date

13 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

My impression is, when you're dealing with the government vaccine program here at least in the past, they've only been interested in, and only keep track of, what if any vaccines you've previously received from them.

I don't think I was ever asked anywhere along the Thai government process whether I'd traveled abroad and received any vaccinations abroad.

However, that may get more complicated now under the new rules for inbound international travel for Thailand, where you can certify that you've been fully vaccinated anywhere, and have to provide the specific details, in order to avoid (two weeks?) quarantine.  Is that records system going to be tied into the MoPH's domestic vaccinations database?  I don't know...

I guess it's the cost of the vaccine to find out! Lets hope they remain two separate identities as they seem to here, good points though.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I'm curious about the medical implications of getting an Mrna booster after two AZ doses earlier or later than the optimal time. I think the optimal time is 6 months after the second dose. Correct me if I'm wrong. So I'm assuming 5 or 7 months later? But how about 9 months or a year later? 

Pretty sure that Pfizer as a booster after the initial 2 AZ vaccines , as quoted by the UK  NHS , I am going to find out for certain cos I am in the same boat as you . 

44 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I am seeking the same info as I will be heading to the US in January for a few weeks and prior to my return in February, which will be just shy of 6 moths since my second jab, I was wondering the same thing.  If I can I will just get a booster in the US and have it added to my vaccination book I just picked up at the MOPH last week.  If they will be giving them here as a regular practice then I shall wait until I return and get it at or just after 6 months.

Given the pace of vaccination here it is highly unlikley the public system will be giving boosters (other than to those who got Sinovac/Sinopharm) that soon,

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I'm curious about the medical implications of getting an Mrna booster after two AZ doses earlier or later than the optimal time. I think the optimal time is 6 months after the second dose. Correct me if I'm wrong. So I'm assuming 5 or 7 months later? But how about 9 months or a year later? 

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58499863

3 minutes ago, superal said:

Pretty sure that Pfizer as a booster after the initial 2 AZ vaccines , as quoted by the UK  NHS , I am going to find out for certain cos I am in the same boat as you . 

Pfizer or Moderna -- booster with an mRNA vaccine is suggested. Doesn't matter which.

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Well the big hospital in Pattaya on the Sukhamvit road that begins with a B & ends with an H are being a**wipes with regard to what you posted, I purchased 2 Moderna doses for my mrs as she wasn't keen on the only available vaccines for Thais at the time, the Chinese ones.

Anyway we both got accepted onto a free program for AZ shots, I've had 2 & she gets the 2nd in a weeks time. 

The aforementioned hospital told us they wouldn't hold it ( or our request ) until we needed a booster in appx 6 months time, it's a case of use it or lose it, although there are plenty of people who have paid for Moderna and haven't had any vaccine yet so they should go to the head of the queue and put us back down the list, sounds like a money grab to me, unless someone on here had a different response ?

Today the mrs managed to transfer the jabs to a friend, money recouped ????????

Edited by Golden Triangle

6 hours ago, Card said:

True in a way but you still need to apply for it but only get it after 3-6 months of your second Vax depending on your Vax. You can apply either through True or AIS if you have subscriptions: 

https://vaccine.trueid.net/

https://vaccineforthais.ais.th/Reserve/Login

Anyone managed to Register via the Trueid.net website ?

I tried today and failed, tried all combinations of info, currently having spent 16 minutes with the nice lady at True support, she's escalating the problem .....

9 minutes ago, BangkokBoyJohnny said:

Anyone managed to Register via the Trueid.net website ?

I tried today and failed, tried all combinations of info, currently having spent 16 minutes with the nice lady at True support, she's escalating the problem .....

A Thai friend of mine was successful but I don't have a True account or am eligible for a booster yet so have not tried. 

6 hours ago, bradiston said:

Not sure I follow. You say Thai-uk-thai, meaning 1st Thai, 2nd UK, 3rd Thai? Then you went for 2nd in Thailand? But you already had 2nd in UK, and 3rd in Thailand. Are you looking for a 4th?

He's going for the acupuncture method.  The more needles the better.

• Haha 1

On 11/10/2021 at 9:47 AM, BangkokReady said:

Sorry to disappoint you and your desire for hostility, but it's much more of a "the Thai people deserved a decent vaccine from the start" saga.

How on Earth is the idea of people being allowed access to a decent vaccine McCarthyism?  What a bizarre leap.

The UK's argument with the EU prevented deliveries of the AZ back in Feb, it was the Chinese vaccine or nothing.

Your comment was blatantly sinophobic.

24 minutes ago, sandyf said:

The UK's argument with the EU prevented deliveries of the AZ back in Feb, it was the Chinese vaccine or nothing.

Your comment was blatantly sinophobic.

The origin of the vaccine is irrelevant. A more effective vaccine could have been ordered long ago. This is especially true once it became known how ineffective Sinovac was against Delta. Thai people deserve better.

Sorry, but I don't think your deflection tactics will work here as they are contrary to the facts.