Thailand Pass

Just wondering if anyone else on this forum is having as much hassle with getting a Thailand Pass? Mine has just been rejected with little information:

Thailand Pass system has rejected your registration due to Please submit a high-resolution photo of paid hotel reservation confirmation that includes the RT-PCR test and contains your name. Please submit a high-resolution photo of the medical insurance that contains your name. Please supply proof of insurance with a minimum medical expenditure of $50,000 USD and coverage for COVID-19.

If you would like to make adjustments or attach additional documents, please re-register via the following link:

So, there is no way of amending the original application because that option doesn't appear anywhere so a complete re-register with all the documentation submitted again in JPEG format. PDF would have been so much better but there we have it. I suspect if I re-register/apply in full with only the two items they mention it would be rejected again. I will point out the proof of insurance was the same AXA policy I took out last year for the 14 day quarantine which was not an issue and fail to see why this time its been rejected. Much the same applies to the paid hotel reservation apart from this particular hotel is a different one in Pattaya and their confirmation states (item 4) "1 SWABs Test" rather than RT-PCR Test which I believe may be the issue. Have emailed the hotel to ask them to amend the confirmation but no reply or acknowledgement. Sent someone to the hotel with a copy of the confirmation only to be told by the receptionist that reservations only work 8am-midday (Thai time) which is not much good to call them from the UK unless I get up or stay up till 1am - 5am

# of Guest

Rate includes

2 Adults

•  Daily breakfast for 1
•  Internet
•  Airport pick-up service
•  1 SWABs Test
•  Breakfast Included
•  Unlimited Wi-Fi Internet
•  Pick up from Suvarnabhumi Airport
•  No Smoking Rooms available

The person who went into the hotel on my behalf said they were as unhelpful as could be stating come back morning!!

I have made a new application uploading the identical documents as that's all I have and believe them to be correct, on the basis that whoever inspects them this time will actually take the trouble to read them and realise I have provided everything asked for.!!! Again wait another 7 days for any sort of response 

It gets progressively worse that my Thai wife's application hasn't even had a response one way or another (its been the statutory 7 days) and when she sent an email to the consulate:

This is an automatic response - please do not reply. Only emergency emails will receive an individualised reply
If you have any queries regarding Thailand Pass, please re email us putting subject TP/date of traveling You need to inform us your Full name, passport No. date of registration and date of departure. We will follow the case in urgent need to travel only within 3 days before your traveling date.

3 days before you travel is cutting it somewhat fine and gives us little or no time to amend flights, hotel reservations or pre-flight RT-PCR tests or does she simply make another application and hopefully get a response. this time!

Just wonder how many other people find themselves in a similar situation and what or how they have resolved it? As a footnote I think the COE was far simpler and if my experience is anything to go by, I really cant see general tourists flocking back to Thailand anytime soon with so many hoops to jump through with little recourse to resolve any issues...

Just now, scorecard said:

- How many hours / days, after submitting your application did it take to get the detailed response you mention?

- Did you quickly get an initial basic confirmation of receipt of your submission, then the detailed response later?

Confirmation of successful submission by email almost instant as below. Rejection exactly 7 days later so now I expect I will have to wait another 7 days for either another rejection or approval. Interestingly enough due to pressure from someone going into the hotel or my email or both, I have now received the booking letter from the hotel I should have had in the first place which should hopefully enable a successful application next time!!

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXXXX

Thailand Pass system has received your registration.

The result of your registration will be sent to this email within 7 working days.

54 minutes ago, AMFWolfie said:

I will point out the proof of insurance was the same AXA policy I took out last year for the 14 day quarantine which was not an issue and fail to see why this time its been rejected.

For the COE they required 100k covid insurance. For Thailand pass they require 50k medical coverage for everything, not only covid.

Is your policy for everything or only covid?

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will need to submit your application again.

I read a new article yesterday that they are going to add PDF's to the system. No sure if it has be

Check that the blurred one is better and has all the correct info.

Thanks for that. To be fair we don't travel until 2nd Dec so I can suffer one more rejection which should be by 16th Nov so hopefully PDF enabled and re-submit new application then along with the wife's if still haven't heard back on hers by then. Shouldn't be an issue for her being a Thai national.

6 minutes ago, AMFWolfie said:

Rejection exactly 7 days later so now I expect I will have to wait another 7 days for either another rejection or approval.

That really is appalling of Thailand and their idiotic Thai pass roll out and governance. Should be an automatic 24 hours, waiting potentially 10 days - 7 working  days - for another rejection will never attract ANY tourists, let alone millions they expect

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jackdd said:

For the COE they required 100k covid insurance. For Thailand pass they require 50k medical coverage for everything, not only covid.

Is your policy for everything or only covid?

For everything and includes Covid as a mentioned item on the certificate with medical expense due to accident or sickness THB 1,750,000.00

4 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

That really is appalling of Thailand and their idiotic Thai pass roll out and governance. Should be an automatic 24 hours, waiting potentially 10 days - 7 working  days - for another rejection will never attract ANY tourists, let alone millions they expect

I know a few die hard tourists coming back for Christmas come hell or high water but they have paid a company in Thailand to do it all for them which I'm now sort of regretting not following their lead. They do the hotel, insurance and Thailand Pass so little for them to do apart from sending Covid Vaccination Certificate available off the NHS web site!! All in all very easy for anyone who cant handle the paperwork..

On 11/10/2021 at 6:55 AM, AMFWolfie said:

Confirmation of successful submission by email almost instant as below. Rejection exactly 7 days later so now I expect I will have to wait another 7 days for either another rejection or approval. Interestingly enough due to pressure from someone going into the hotel or my email or both, I have now received the booking letter from the hotel I should have had in the first place which should hopefully enable a successful application next time!!

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXXXX

Thailand Pass system has received your registration.

The result of your registration will be sent to this email within 7 working days.

Just a quick update on this. Just received my Thailand Pass after only 2 days of re-submitting, approved!!. Interestingly enough it was exactly the same information as I originally submitted as got rejected which leads me to believe the refusal or acceptance relies entirely on the person reading through the submitted documents very much like when applying for a visa with a clearance officer. Still heard nothing on my Thai wife's Thailand Pass after 9 days!!