TM30 UPDATE REQUIRED FOR TRAVELING INSIDE THAILAND?

3 minutes ago, jeffandgop said:

I have read the June 2020 updated issued from the Royal Thai Police. Thank you Ubonjoe.

I conclude that so long as I return to the CM residence of record as registered in my TM30 before my current annual extension of stay expires (April 2022), then I would not have to update THAT TM30 upon my return.  It is still the responsibility of the house owner or landlord to submit to immigration my presence here in Samui.

However, a 90-day report can only be submitted to the immigration office located in the jurisdiction of your registered address.  Samui IO was correct to update my TM30 registered residence in order to process my 90 day report. (I only went to Samui to do ta 90 day report as I would be officially late after tomorrow- 5 days before my return to CM.).  When I return to CM I will have to update my TM30 registered address back to my address I permanently reside in.

Thanks for your inputs.

Or on your next 60-90 day temporary trip to Samui and your registered address is CM, if your 90 day report is due  when you are in Samui, fly home and do the 90 day and fly back and avoid joyous immigration visits. Ideally next time do a 90 day report at CM, then take off for Samui for your 2-3 month trip.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

When I return to CM I will have to update my TM30 registered address back to my address I permanently reside in.

Depends on what you wrote on your previous TM30 report. If you specified an end date of your stay at this place (second last column, asking for "period of stay from ... to ..."), and this has now passed, then you need to do a new TM30.

When I moved into my condo, I left the "to" date open (I don't know yet how long I will stay here), and gave only the move in date. So in my case this period never ends, and unless I re-enter Thailand with a new visa, I don't need to file a new TM30 for me staying at my condo.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

What you can do next time if away temporarily ( a few months ) is send your 90 day EMS post to your registered address immigration office, immigration will then send your next 90 day notification to your CM address. Have someone get your mail and send it to you wherever you are and affix your new 90 notification slip in your passport.  Or go to immigration and do the TM30 changes every 60-90 days......

Another typical case of immigration offices doing things the way they want and not by the official rules. To be fair I don't know what the official rules are regarding a tm30 because here in Pattaya at immigration myself or any of my friends that I know have never filed and never been asked for a tm30