Pattaya confirms they are holding a Loy Krathong Festival, denies rumors of the event being canceled

webfact

255766370_5023095564367814_814913222530150837_n-696x464.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Pattaya – Pattaya City is all set to hold a Loy Krathong Festival on Friday, November 19th, 2021. Pattaya Public Relations have also denied all media rumors (Which TPN media also denied these rumors earlier this week here) about the event being canceled as spread on social media and some Thai press earlier this week.

Pattaya city is inviting people to join Loy Krathong Festival in Central Pattaya to boost traditional tourism with environmentally friendly Krathong floating.

Detail from the Pattaya PR Office is below. All events will be held on Central Pattaya Beach on Beach Road, not far from Pattaya Klang.

8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. : Krathong from natural materials contest display, voting

5:30 P.M.: Announcement of Krathong Contest winner

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/11/09/no-loy-krathong-is-not-canceled-says-thai-government-spokesperson/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ezzra said:

That'll be the driest Loy Krathong ever in the history of this country, how did  Marie Antoinette put it? if not have alcohol let them drink water...

I usually go to the village community place.... float my boat (putting UK small coins in it this year to thwart the thieving kids swimming in the water), then a few beers at the small bar, watching the interesting foot traffic. Bet they will still sell me one! Used to be 10x better some years back. Had the dancing old ladies on a stage and beer sellers, a right booze up. Some drunk lady fell in a storm drain once and the drunk guys dancing was hilarious. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ezzra said:

That'll be the driest Loy Krathong ever in the history of this country, how did  Marie Antoinette put it? if not have alcohol let them drink water...

No,  it won't!  I see so much alcohol  on the beaches now daily, and no one is curbing this.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I usually go to the village community place.... float my boat (putting UK small coins in it this year to thwart the thieving kids swimming in the water), then a few beers at the small bar, watching the interesting foot traffic. Bet they will still sell me one! Used to be 10x better some years back. Had the dancing old ladies on a stage and beer sellers, a right booze up. Some drunk lady fell in a storm drain once and the drunk guys dancing was hilarious. 

The other year there was a fella in the water just off the beach in Pattaya stealing the money from the Krathongs. as they were floating out.