Kratom

tonray

15 minutes ago, UKJASE said:

lotus have it too......  i hope people know what they are buying when they purchase this......

it was in the reduced section the other day, and if some old lady was to add it to her salad cos it looked nice, and it was cheap, she may get quite a shock once digested ????

Is it normally in the food section at Lotus and big C? I'd like to try it for shoulder pain, I read that it helps relieve pain. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Guderian said:

Of more relevance to farangs, maybe, Makro in Pattaya sells fresh white and green asparagus, and it's great quality. I've never eaten so much asparagus in my life, an asparagus pizza is the best. Trouble is, my pee often smells like over-ripe hay these days, lol.

I suggest you change your smelling habits....????

• Haha 1

By the way here's a pic of 8 litres of kratom tea from the freezer, each bottle made with about 10 fresh leaves from a local farm.

A half pint mug will induce a mild therapeutic effect. For those in search of nirvana, and I've noticed there are many western lurkers in Thailand doing just that, this is not going to help. Acccording to this humble commentator anyway.

20211114_184051.jpg

Edited by blackprince
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, blackprince said:

As far as I know you can't buy it in the food section at Lotus or Big C, but things may have changed. But anyway using it as a garnish or cooking ingredient wouldn't give you any noticeable effect because the quantity would be too small.

Yes it is recommended as a pain-killer, dieting aid, and to reduce anxiety, among other things. A local farmer gave me a big bag of fresh leaves and advised me to make a tea out of 5 or 10 of them (a couple of litres not 1 cup!). It was just an experiment, as I don't have any persistent pain or other issues. I noticed a subtle mood rebalancing and increased alertness, not dissimilar to cbd, but I wasn't what you could call "high" at all.

Its chemistry is interesting as far as I remember from research I did on the internet a couple of months ago. It's a member of the caffeine family (hence the speeding up of metabolism useful for dieting at low doses and increased alertness) but at high doses (which I haven't tried) it's more like an opiate (though it's not addictive, unlike opiates).

You can buy it online at Lazada for example in powdered capsule form.

Thanks for the information, yes, I was planning to make a tea with it.

• Haha 1

The state legalised Kratom so quickly and allowed selling openly for a less researched and potentially more dangerous substance than Cannabis.

I don't get it. Business interests of some influential people and police for keeping cannabis trade in their hands?

• Haha 1

I learned by accident that Kratom has an unexpected and much appreciated side benefit. Approximately an hour after drinking roughly half a large glass of Kratom, I engaged one of my female Thai acquaintances in activity of a decidedly amorous nature. Much to my surprise and delight, I found that the time until our coupling drew to a close was prolonged well beyond normal parameters. Research into the characteristics of Kratom revealed that it is an opioid, which are well known to delay the completion of acts of physical intimacy. For those who may suffer from a problem with these acts reaching their conclusion too quickly, Kratom might provide a safe (if not overindulged in), easily administered, and now legal remedy. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, acepredator said:

Research into the characteristics of Kratom

Poor research

Sample size is too small, need more research

I should help with the research, give the members more proof

Where are you located? 

I should engaged with your female Thai acquaintance in this activity and give a detailed report. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Poor research

Sample size is too small, need more research

I should help with the research, give the members more proof

Where are you located? 

I should engaged with your female Thai acquaintance in this activity and give a detailed report. 

To answer your questions: The sample actually included more than one encounter with more than one acquaintance. Still small but big enough to show a real difference between encounters with Kratom versus those without.

I am located in the beautiful and aptly named "Land of Smiles." Greater specificity will not be forthcoming at this time. 

Thai acquaintances such as mine can be readily and easily acquired in the aforementioned "Land of Smiles." They can be purchased for long time use over years or even decades, or they can be rented by the hour. The possibilities are virtually limitless. If you are in Bangkok, I would have suggested starting at NaNa Plaza, Sukhumvit Soi 4 or Soi Cowboy, between Sois 21 and 23, also known as Soi Asoke. In the age of COVID-19, however, I don't know what is available in these two venerable locations. In any event, be resourceful, and, to quote the Rolling Stones, "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime you'll find you get what you need."

• Haha 1