So - how do you see climate change effects Thailand?

Thunglom

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

But if you still have water the extra CO2 will give you a better crop.

You don't seem to understand how facile that comment is. - You still seem to be looking out of your window and claiming the  the earth is flat

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Thunglom said:

You don't seem to understand how facile that comment is. - You still seem to be looking out of your window and claiming the  the earth is flat

I'm looking out my window and thinking elevation =300m

Looking forward to my soon to be beachside property.

• Haha 1

Question: How do you see climate change effecting Thailand? ........

Answer: Thailand's weather is the same as it always was, floods in monsoon, droughts before monsoon. As shown in historic photos.

The sea levels around Thailand are the same as they always were, no change.

There is no climate change that man can effect for good or bad.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

There is no climate change that man can effect for good or bad.

Thailand's weather is the same as it always was, floods in monsoon, droughts before monsoon.

As shown in historic photos.

And all those tens of thousands of climatologists are in on the conspiracy to foist this fraud upon all of humanity. Because, ya know...

51 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Thailand's weather is the same as it always was, floods in monsoon, droughts before monsoon. As shown in historic photos.

Basically  you are misinformed on every point,

Sea levels are rising approximately 4mm a year in Thailand, which already puts the country in more danger compared to the global average rise of 3.3mm. - https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/6a890abfd3d0470aa78c4cc006cd1502

https://reliefweb.int/report/thailand/climate-risk-country-profile-thailand

Observations show temperature increases across Thailand since the mid-20th century and an increase in annual precipitation.

2 hours ago, Thunglom said:

Basically  you are misinformed on every point,

Sea levels are rising approximately 4mm a year in Thailand, which already puts the country in more danger compared to the global average rise of 3.3mm. - https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/6a890abfd3d0470aa78c4cc006cd1502

https://reliefweb.int/report/thailand/climate-risk-country-profile-thailand

Observations show temperature increases across Thailand since the mid-20th century and an increase in annual precipitation.

I don't think  you understand. BritManToo is looking down at the sea from a height of 300 meters. So naturally he's got a better view of the sea than do most of us.

That said, I don't think BritmanToo's problem is being misinformed so much as being uninformed.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, farmerjo said:

So what should i be worried about,that's the only local data i keep.

That's the whole point - you shouldn't be worried at all.

I only get worried when there's a lot of rain and I see tree branches floating down my soi...

15 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I don't think  you understand. BritManToo is looking down at the sea from a height of 300 meters. So naturally he's got a better view of the sea than do most of us.

That said, I don't think BritmanToo's problem is being misinformed so much as being uninformed.

For much of the population it's comfort to know that water runs downhill.

On 11/16/2021 at 4:02 PM, farmerjo said:

So what should i be worried about,that's the only local data i keep.

BTW - does your "data" include the flooding in Khin Caen of October this year? It's claimed to be worse that 2011 and has resulted in evacuations.

The basic concept of flooding is good for agriculture as it distributes alluvial soils, but excessive flooding near urban settlement distributes waste and pollution into water and contaminates land.

• Like 1