Nearly Eight In Ten Believe Or Are Unsure About At Least One Common Falsehood About COVID-19 Or The Vaccine

Jeffr2

Oh... we draw conclusions alright !!!......    The Lincoln Quote springs to mind: [Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt] ????

Now microhips in a vaccine that is injected through 0.20 mm needle ??? - thats some wildly impressive tech....  

Now... I’m not sure about the government, but the wife now knows exactly where I am all the time... 

The very very best conspiracy I’ve read / heard of is ultimately the best example of dumb people having no idea they are dumb !!...  >>  The Vaccines are designed to cull (kill) and control the population.... the irony being is that it is those going against the government who are refusing the vaccines, thus if the conspiracy were true it is the compliant being culled and the anarchists remaining !!!....   anti-vaxxers didn’t think that one through carefully enough !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Oh... we draw conclusions alright !!!......    The Lincoln Quote springs to mind: [Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt] ????

Now microhips in a vaccine that is injected through 0.20 mm needle ??? - thats some wildly impressive tech....  

Now... I’m not sure about the government, but the wife now knows exactly where I am all the time... 

The very very best conspiracy I’ve read / heard of is ultimately the best example of dumb people having no idea they are dumb !!...  >>  The Vaccines are designed to cull (kill) and control the population.... the irony being is that it is those going against the government who are refusing the vaccines, thus if the conspiracy were true it is the compliant being culled and the anarchists remaining !!!....   anti-vaxxers didn’t think that one through carefully enough !

Who are the people that are  claiming that there's a microchip in the vaccine though ?

The suggestion seems to stem from wacky conspiracy theory sites and dont seem to be mainstream 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Who are the people that are  claiming that there's a microchip in the vaccine though ?

The suggestion seems to stem from wacky conspiracy theory sites and dont seem to be mainstream 

It doesn't matter where it originally came from, it has become an item of faith amongst a significant number of people who align with rightwing politics. 

But don't get hung up on this one issue, there are plenty of other whacked out anti-vaccine conspiracy theories, all obviously nonsense but eagerly believed by those who at the same time refuse to believe what science is telling them. 

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/doctors-debunk-9-popular-covid-19-vaccine-myths-and-conspiracy-theories#Myth:-The-COVID-19-vaccines-rewrite-your-DNA

So going by this poll .

2 out of ten people know everything about the Covid virus or claim to know everything about the virus and 8 out of ten people are unsure about certain aspects of the virus . 

Unsure of something means that do now know , not knowing something is quite different to agreeing with some of the questions or believing them to be true .  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

All good points. 

A conspiracy theorist can always fall back to the next barricade.

I think their answer is that those who are vaccinated will all suddenly die of delayed vaccine effects in 5 years.

I can never be wrong if I always predict something that is goin to take place in the remote future.

On 11/26/2021 at 1:38 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Could you name them ?

Who are you referring to ?

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-media-misinformation-health-b59e98ca50f37ddeea217903915a53fc

Study: Fox viewers more likely to believe COVID falsehoods

Kaiser polled people on whether or not they believed seven widely-circulated untruths about the virus, among them that the government is exaggerating the number of deaths attributable to the coronavirus, hiding reports of deaths caused by vaccines or that the vaccines can cause infertility, contain a microchip or can change DNA.

For people who most trusted network or local television news, NPR, CNN or MSNBC, between 11% and 16% said they believed four or more of those untrue statements, or weren’t sure about what was true.

For Fox News viewers, 36% either believed in or were unsure about four or more false statements, Kaiser said. It was 46% for Newsmax viewers and 37% for those who said they trusted One America Network News.

• Thanks 1