Thailand reports 7,079 new Covid-19 cases, 47 deaths, 6,917 recoveries

Jonathan Fairfield

HLDP3DJ665K3TDTTEDA3INHTMI.jpeg

A healthcare worker takes a nasal swab sample from a person for a coronavirus disease (COVID-19) test, at a temple near Klong Toey slum community in Bangkok, Thailand, May 3, 2021. REUTERS/Juarawee Kittisilpa

Thailand on Sunday reported 7,079 new Covid-19 cases, 47 deaths and 6,917 recoveries.

The new cases brings the total recorded in Thailand 2,018,410 since the start of the pandemic and 1,989,547 since the April 1, the start of the so-called third wave of infections. 

The death toll stands at 20,031 since the start of the pandemic and 19,942 since April 1. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2021-11-14

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Like 2

My school has pushed back the Nov 15 openning to Nov 22 so remains online. P6-M3 or grades 6-9. Been here before. Pushed back then pushed back again then again, then ....... . I wonder about other schools not openning tomorrow as was so joyously announced by the empty heads. Low primary grade 5 and below and kindergatern I suspect will not be back until the new school year next year.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 2

Encouraging numbers from today see another fall in the number of daily deaths as well as a sharp drop in the 7 day average falling 17%, now below both Philippines and Vietnam. 

Latest up to to date official data from the worldometer ranking table for deaths/million of population over the past 7 days, including yesterday’s numbers, shows Thailand drop 8 places at 70th in the world, 30 places below the UK.

Same table shows Thailand fall to 16th in Asia, 6 places below the Philippines and 2 places below Vietnam with the latter showing a sharp uptick. 

The number of deaths over the past week fallen to another low at 5 deaths/million of population, trending down 17% over the 7 day period, with the number of official infections falling 10%

78 Thailand 51,292 56,874 -10% 732 376 453 -17% 5 70,039,316

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/weekly-trends/#weekly_table

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Seems like it's Groundhog Day, spot the difference, lol...

Today's numbers:          7,079 new Covid-19 cases, 47 deaths, 6,917 recoveries

Yesterday's numbers:    7,057 new coronavirus cases, 55 deaths, 7,393 recoveries

Comparing to the previous 7 day period (which started 10 days ago) there have been 180 more infections including ATK in the 1st 3 days of this 7 day period.

Thanks @Bkk Brian. Getting these numbers from you.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

My school has pushed back the Nov 15 openning to Nov 22 so remains online. P6-M3 or grades 6-9. Been here before. Pushed back then pushed back again then again, then ....... . I wonder about other schools not openning tomorrow as was so joyously announced by the empty heads. Low primary grade 5 and below and kindergatern I suspect will not be back until the new school year next year.

Should move up North. Schools open since the 1st. November Older children 4 days/week, younger children  5 days, all teachers jabbed, all required students jabbed. 

Albeit after months of closure. 

Happy days. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

Should move up North. Schools open since the 1st. November Older children 4 days/week, younger children  5 days, all teachers jabbed, all required students jabbed. 

Happy days. 

By younger children do you mean those under 12? If so they are unvaccinated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

We ran into the same issue the middle of last week here in BKK.  We were notified that they decided because of Covid and the 12 and ups being vaccinated, that only those in the upper grades would restart on the 15th.  The lower grades will wait to start until sometime in the future.  On-line classes will be the norm.  A poll taken of the lower grade students by the staff at the school found that almost half have had Covid already, like the daughter.  One wonders about the immunities they should have.  Every school year you have measles, and chicken pox, the annual colds and flu, but Covid seems to now be an educational concern as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

We ran into the same issue the middle of last week here in BKK.  We were notified that they decided because of Covid and the 12 and ups being vaccinated, that only those in the upper grades would restart on the 15th.  The lower grades will wait to start until sometime in the future.  On-line classes will be the norm.  A poll taken of the lower grade students by the staff at the school found that almost half have had Covid already, like the daughter.  One wonders about the immunities they should have.  Every school year you have measles, and chicken pox, the annual colds and flu, but Covid seems to now be an educational concern as well.

Daughter's International School opened 2 weeks ago but each week, students must do a "covid test" and send the result online to the school nurse.

No test submitted, not allowed to enter school.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RafPinto said:

Daughter's International School opened 2 weeks ago but each week, students must do a "covid test" and send the result online to the school nurse.

No test submitted, not allowed to enter school.

So a home ATK test, like they are selling at the pharmacies, and not an actual PCR test?

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So a home ATK test, like they are selling at the pharmacies, and not an actual PCR test?

Are parents trained how to do these correctly? At my school last Friday a group teachers were taught how to do these. They then had to test the rest of the teachers under the supervision of trained personel.

thumbnail.jpg

Edited by dinsdale
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, mtraveler said:

Perhaps should move to Mars.  No Covid there.   

Ok, I'm being facetious, but suggesting someone move to another area is a bit silly.  

And, for the record, as I understand Chiang Mai (in the North) currently has an on-site learning ban.  I honestly don't know which schools are affected by this.  Chiang Mai Province is having a pretty serious problem with Covid at this time; the last report I saw put the province at 3rd for total daily Covid cases in the country.      

Not as silly as someone purposely taking things out of context for likes and popularity.

Do you really  think I was suggesting he move so he can teach for a few weeks before all the schools open in his area?  

It was being positive and insightful post to highlight how other areas are able to move on. 

Edited by Kadilo

43 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Happy days. 

Did anu foreign teacher refuse the jab? Any consequences for not jabbing? Some students also now jabbed. Due back to school tomorrow - high school and fully vaccinated staff. But a few teachers are not fully until the following week and some are fefusing. Apparently they are still welcome back. Perhaps its up the school's individual policy.