Thailand reports 7,079 new Covid-19 cases, 47 deaths, 6,917 recoveries

Jonathan Fairfield

9 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Did anu foreign teacher refuse the jab? Any consequences for not jabbing? Some students also now jabbed. Due back to school tomorrow - high school and fully vaccinated staff. But a few teachers are not fully until the following week and some are fefusing. Apparently they are still welcome back. Perhaps its up the school's individual policy. 

Yes, it wasn’t compulsory in this schools so no one apart from the school itself will know who, or who hasn’t accepted the vaccine but the general feeling is that there was a good uptake. 

All the required kids just queued up and got with it, as they tend to do In these neck of the woods. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

So when did Thailand start vaccinating 5-11 year olds. The FDA in the US gave this the green light on October 29.

What are you babbling on about? 

Go and have a lie down. 

Let’s hope you get back to school soon for everyone’s sake. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, Kadilo said:

Yes, it wasn’t compulsory so no one apart from the school itself will know who, or who hasn’t accepted the vaccine but the general feeling is that there was a good uptake. 

All the required kids just queued up and got with it, as they tend to do In these neck of the woods. 

Interesting. Definitley compulsory at my school indeed I thaught it was a directive from the Ministry.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Interesting. Definitley compulsory at my school indeed I thaught it was a directive from the Ministry.

Quite telling really, certainly compulsory for the teachers in my Province and its not something kept between the school and teachers but is a requirement from the local Provincial Disease Control. Its also something the parents must know to make their own judgement on whether it is safe or not to go back if some teachers are refusing the vaccine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Which area/Province is this, are all the parents vaccinated? How are they doing their ATK sample collection, how often, what happens when cases are identified not only to the child testing positive but also to the HR and LR contacts?

Unless that is known then its really like saying they are open but I have no clue if its being carried out safely or not.

Hold on. 

I will write all your questions down and pop in later to try to see the head for an interview on your behalf. 

Unlike yourself, I suspect he may be busy and have more important  things to do. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I'm delighted that my son's school finally reopens tomorrow. We have to send in a negative ATK test tonight, but no other requirements on the kid's side, other than mask wearing.

It's been a long time!

Great news.
As you say been a long time for you. Get some peace and quiet now ????

Edited by Kadilo
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, PranBuriThai said:

Sorry. It's impossible to take any figures seriously in a country that does virtually zero active testing and doesn't publish it's figures.

Feel sorry for businesses that another high season is going to be lost.

Looks like one contributor's forecast of a 70% vaccination rate by December and everything opening for high season has turned out to be total and utter nonsense.

You would think such an individual would keep a lower profile than keep digging a deeper hole for himself on a daily basis.

Gives us something to laugh at though.

Laughing is good so i am happy to be of service.  Let’s hope others can smile a bit more as well. If it was meant a some kind of personal dig don’t worry as it’s water off a ducks back. 

As for the 70% by the end of the year, let’s see eh. Plenty of time left and at the current rates could well hit the target. 

As for the high season, let’s see as well. True to say it doesn’t look favourable at the moment for the Xmas and New Year period but for the high season plenty of time yet and looking good for January going by some of the media reports recently. 

I see you’re new too, and been following my posts mmmm 

Seem strangely familiar ???? but welcome regardless. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I'm delighted that my son's school finally reopens tomorrow. We have to send in a negative ATK test tonight, but no other requirements on the kid's side, other than mask wearing.

It's been a long time!

I hope it lasts.  

50 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

It's been a long time!

No offence meant here but have you done this before and what ATK are you using.

10 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Laughing is good so i am happy to be of service.  Let’s hope others can smile a bit more as well. If it was meant a some kind of personal dig don’t worry as it’s water off a ducks back. 

As for the 70% by the end of the year, let’s see eh. Plenty of time left and at the current rates could well hit the target. 

As for the high season, let’s see as well. True to say it doesn’t look favourable at the moment for the Xmas and New Year period but for the high season plenty of time yet and looking good for January going by some of the media reports recently. 

I see you’re new too, and been following my posts mmmm 

Seem strangely familiar ???? but welcome regardless. 

Another 'man for all seasons'!! ????

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Saliva one. We use the nasal ones at work and I think the saliva one is better for kids.

20211111_123257.jpg

I remember when we first started using them weeks ago (different brand), bought them from the pharmacy and she told us they are self explanatory, so went ahead, followed the diagrams as best as possible as it was in Chinese, all negative, so carried on like that for a couple of weeks until I decided to look at the video  instructions the school sent us, of course turned out I had been sampling all wrong with the amount of solution that had to be measured...555

• Thanks 1

Todays covid deaths include a 13 year old who suffered from asthma. 35 of the deaths were in unvaccinated which suggests that 12 had been...........

27 males, 20 females: Thailand(45), Myanmar(2)
• Median age 72 years (13 – 99 years)
• Median (known infection-death) 9 days (up to 48 days)
Risk Factors - Key Issues
• HT (29), DM (16), HPL(11), obesity(4), kidney disease(9), bedridden(2).
• Deaths - never vaccinated 35 (74%)
❖ 1 13-year-old child (2%): Bangkok has asthma

image.png.e71b938b5a796a790df9f2d2b113f893.png

https://media.thaigov.go.th/uploads/public_img/source/141164.pdf

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1