Thailand reports 7,079 new Covid-19 cases, 47 deaths, 6,917 recoveries

Jonathan Fairfield

10 minutes ago, mtraveler said:in  Here's what was written:

The original poster said: "My school has pushed back the November 15th opening to November 22..." 

And you reply:  "Should move up north".  

No, that’s not what was said written, that’s part of it, so as so many others constantly point out on here, you should quote the full post and not take it out of context. 

Strange when someone does it, surprise surprise they “like” the post. Hypocrites. 

Anyhow, as I said to the previous poster, move on, it’s been done to death. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Why would I care? Is there a better Thai-made one? What difference does it make. Aren't most things Chinese-made these days?

No idea on the one you bought but yes some are better than others for accuracy. Try to avoid "Lepu" another Chinese one. The GPO bought 8.5 million despite Prayut ordering them not too, whether they were distributed to retails outlets I don't know but they are sub standard and produce false results both positive and negative.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No idea on the one you bought but yes some are better than others for accuracy. Try to avoid "Lepu" another Chinese one. The GPO bought 8.5 million despite Prayut ordering them not too, whether they were distributed to retails outlets I don't know but they are sub standard and produce false results both positive and negative.

To be honest, I just went into Boots and bought one. I didn't think I needed to do due diligence!

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

No, that’s not what was said written, that’s part of it, so as so many others constantly point out on here, you should quote the full post and not take it out of context. 

Strange when someone does it, surprise surprise they “like” the post. Hypocrites. 

Anyhow, as I said to the previous poster, move on, it’s been done to death. 

Can we know the province please, it will save checking all 72 for the information we are asking for as far as the educational institutions directives from the MOE and the provincial health administration.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rhacsyn said:

Poverty is a tragedy that affects most countries of the world. I am familiar with the problems in Thailand and other parts of SE Asia and for that matter, have fed unfortunate people myself, as, I am sure, reading daily posts here, have others.

What did shock me, and has opened my eyes the last few years is the amount of poverty in the western world also. As an example, below is a link to a recent report in CNN whereby it states that as per government figures there are now around 10.5 million people (22%) in poverty in the UK. A shocking and startling number. The definition of poverty can vary, of course.

Covid has hit hard globally.

https://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2021/11/business/london-food-banks-cnnphotos/

The situational poverty that has arisen here is a direct result covid with those in charge not willing to provide the lifelines needed to cover the basic necessaries of those they have put out of work due to the measures they imposed.

Impossible to compare that to the UK where they had for months implemented the furlough scheme paying 80% of wages to 9.5 million people.

Next you’ll be comparing the covid case numbers to Thailand with its testing rate compared to the UK. 

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Look up at my previous post. This is the one being used at schools in my province.

Being British, I tend to rely on Boots for pharmaceuticals.  In any case, we tested my son and he's negative.  So we're all set for school tomorrow.  Finally!

When the history of Covid is written, I believe the way kids' education has been damaged with unnecessary closures and delayed re-openings will be nothing short of a scandal.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-021-01571-8

Published: 27 October 2021

No causal effect of school closures in Japan on the spread of COVID-19 in spring 2020

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Being British, I tend to rely on Boots for pharmaceuticals.  In any case, we tested my son and he's negative.  So we're all set for school tomorrow.  Finally!

When the history of Covid is written, I believe the way kids' education has been damaged with unnecessary closures and delayed re-openings will be nothing short of a scandal.

No causal effect of school closures in Japan on the spread of COVID-19 in spring 2020

Agreed. 

The devastation caused by the prolonged closures of schools will not become apparent for a long, long time. Then the low priority given to re open is scandalous. 

Countries across the world shut down schools far to easily imo with the Increase in suicides, long term mental illness, and loss of education immeasurable for something with the death rates at such low rates. 

47 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Ok. Kids can catch up it's not the end of the world. The pic you posted though was Shenzhen Kisshealth Biotechnology. This is Chinese.

Don't get me wrong I want kids back to school but in my opinion nationally the fully vaccinated rate just isn't there. Shouldn't open the borders. Shouldn't open anything. Should have got vaccines in earlier. Should have locked down hard. Did that and things might be a bit better. Still only half the population double jabbed and many of these need boosters. Probably not 4 jabs like empty head Anutin has had. Some in Thailand are still waiting for 1.

Edited by onthedarkside
duplicate quote deleted
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Ok. Kids can catch up it's not the end of the world. The pic you posted though was Shenzhen Kisshealth Biotechnology. This is Chinese.

Sorry not sure why there are 2 quotes. Not my intention.

You seem to have a problem with all things Chinese!  In any case, the study is Japanese. I didn't think I'd posted a pic.

• Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Don't get me wrong I want kids back to school but in my opinion nationally the fully vaccinated rate just isn't there. Shouldn't open the borders. Shouldn't open anything. Should have got vaccines in earlier. Should have locked down hard. Did that and things might be a bit better. Still only half the population double jabbed and many of these need boosters. Probably not 4 jabs like empty head Anutin has had. Some in Thailand are still waiting for 1.

Got a bit of this wrong. @brewsterbudgendid not post the Shenzhen Kisshealth Biotechnology pic hence is not using it. Sunday evening confusion I put down to a few quiet ones and too much <deleted> being posted. Apologies again @brewsterbudgen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolcarer said:

Thailand was late in its vaccine purchase and distribution or are you suggesting they should have been opening up schools before all the parents, teachers and extended families were inoculated?

What would be the risk to that? Would you be willing to say it is a justified risk and see what the consequences would be. What if you were wrong and it didn’t go according to how you hoped and the result was uncontrollable spread that lead to far more dire outcomes. 

I’m a teacher and know the consequences of missed education however the consequences of further deaths in families and parents out way my educational wants for the kids.

Well said. Child gets SarS-Cov-2 at school. Goes home. Infects grandma. Grandma dies from Covid-19. There are life long consequences to this that I would say outway missing onsite schooling. Vaccination rates just aren't high enough here to avoid these potential tragedies. Flipped classrooms can work but the digital divide is a big problem. None of it outweighs face to face in my opinion but if this can cause the spread of a deadly disease in a poorly vaccinated society maybe it's best to stay online.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1

Comparing with Germany/UK/France, where on some days 900,000 tests garner 35,000 cases, the ratio of cases is much lower. In UK, the falling rates reflect the higher vaccination rates (not the fault of countries with less easy access to home developed vaccines,) but also the higher levels of anti-bodies in those that have had the virus. As with major flu outbreaks, a natural resistance post infection is an important element in blunting outbreaks.

The Oxford AZ vaccine, built on a platform used for flu vaccines for decades, is reported to now being 'tweaked' to better combat the inevitable and more wiry variants. With UK doing 500,000 genome sequencing tests per week in Cambridge, hopefully identification of concerning mutations can be identified faster.

Hopefully we're moving towards a rational accommodation with this, just as we have (eventually) with all of the other illnesses and viruses amongst us, as the potential for chaos of this has certainly and vey quickly damaged so many of us in so many ways.

Edited by onthedarkside
graphic with no weblink removed / erroneous quoted section removed

COVID-19: Thailand reports 6,343 new coronavirus cases, 45 deaths, 7,663 recoveries

COV15.jpg

File photo: REUTERS

Thailand on Monday (November 15) reported 6,343 new COVID-19 cases, 7,663 recoveries and 45 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1239464-covid-19-thailand-reports-6343-new-coronavirus-cases-45-deaths-7663-recoveries/

//CLOSED//

/Admin