U.S. Topic -- Predictions for the Kyle Rittenhouse Trial?

Jingthing

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

While the circumstances surrounding the video are controversial there is no doubt that it shows Rittenhouse pointing his rifle at the crowd as alleged by the prosecution.

Whether fair or unfair, the truth is the truth.

You're seeing something there because you want to see it. I've seen the footage and it's about as indubitable as a blackhole singularity. The original Super Mario Brothers had sharper resolution. It shows nothing meaningful, one way or the other, and people are just seeing something "definite" in it in the same way that all inkblots are butterflies to certain heads. There is certainly nothing even remotely "beyond a reasonable doubt" in it. That's pure self-delusion. 

• Like 1

the Daily Show host Trevor Noah replied: “No one drives to a city with guns because they love someone else’s business so much.” He continued: “They do it because they are hoping to shoot someone. That’s the only reason people like him join these gangs in the first place – yes, I said it, a gang – because this is not the battle of Yorktown, it’s a bunch of dudes threatening people with guns.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/28/vigilante-volunteer-terrorist-how-us-media-covers-kyle-rittenhouse

• Like 2

Such a friendly person was set upon by a angry mob of killers for no apparent reason or provocation? Nobody believes that except apologists for domestic terrorists and fascist vigilantes.

You know very well why he got chased , as everyone does .

Why pretend to be ignorant ?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You know very well why he got chased , as everyone does .

Why pretend to be ignorant ?

No person has provided any rationale with evidence as to why he was singled out and chased other than as I have explained.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thanks 1

No person has provided any rationale with evidence as to why he was singled out and chased other than as I have explained.

OK, lets go back to the beginning and let me explain .

He got chased because he shot the first guy .

First guy threatened to kill Kyle , Kyle shot him and then the mob chased him as he was running to the Police lines 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Very few sports  disorder encompass burning property and looting ,

This wasnt a normal sports disturbance , it was mass prolonged civil disorder which was out of control 

It was as rare as any sports riot. And Kenosha was as long as any sports riot which gets out of control.

The analogy is perfect, but your world-view won't let you see it.

1 minute ago, mikebike said:

It was as rare as any sports riot. And Kenosha was as long as any sports riot which gets out of control.

The analogy is perfect, but your world-view won't let you see it.

I do not follow USA sports riots , but if you are saying that USA sports rioters  burn and loot and torch businesses for days/nights on end, I will have to take your word for it as I dont read about it on my news sources 

6 hours ago, BuckAurelius said:

To create a false equivalence between the very occasional rioting that occurs at sports events, and the sort of destruction that typically results from them, and the widespread and repeated wonton destruction that has occurred in American neighborhoods in the last year or so--this seems a tad disingenuous to me. They are not equivalent, not even close. Have you seen the Kenosha footage? But I think we're getting off the original topic, so I'll leave it at that. 

But they are perfectly equivalent. They occur at about the same rate (actually, in the last decade violent sports riots have been MORE common). And the result in the same looting and destruction. Too bad your biased lens cannot see that 

11 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I do not follow USA sports riots , but if you are saying that USA sports rioters  burn and loot and torch businesses for days/nights on end, I will have to take your word for it as I dont read about it on my news sources 

Kenosha did not last for days/nights on end.

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I have no idea about what happened with any Eagles fans.................I dont even know whether its a musical band or a sports team ...............or could even be people that like the birds Eagles

Too bad. You should educate yourself on how ALL different types of riots are responded to 

2 minutes ago, mikebike said:

But they are perfectly equivalent. They occur at about the same rate (actually, in the last decade violent sports riots have been MORE common). And the result in the same looting and destruction. Too bad your biased lens cannot see that 

In the last "decade" that wouldn't surprise me, if sports riots were more common, since Antifa and the BLM didn't start their rioting frenzy until much later than that. The same looting and destruction? That's certainly not the case in America. I've no idea about football hooliganism since nobody watches football in America. But I seriously doubt that rioting at sports events, at least in America, has cost the country at least 1 billion dollars in damage, or even a fraction of that, and took place in over 140 cities, and lasted for days, even weeks on end. False equivalence, even absurd, move on.  

• Like 1

At the very least, he should be found guilty of weapons charges. For the other charges, he went looking for trouble and he found it. Walking around with a weapon in a volatile setting is pretty stupid, unless he had a good reason for doing so, and it appears he didn't. I hope at least reckless endangerment or manslaughter. I don't think he went out looking to murder anyone but he sure needs to be held accountable for his very poor judgement.

An important issue about all this is why are these riots allowed to go on ? Last summer was violent anarchy in many cities in the US and nothing much was done about it at the time. Using the excuse of bad cops shooting people does not justify it just as Rittenhouse is not justified in going around playing a pudgy Rambo. Law and order must apply to all sides.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

the Daily Show host Trevor Noah replied: “No one drives to a city with guns because they love someone else’s business so much.” He continued: “They do it because they are hoping to shoot someone. That’s the only reason people like him join these gangs in the first place – yes, I said it, a gang – because this is not the battle of Yorktown, it’s a bunch of dudes threatening people with guns.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/28/vigilante-volunteer-terrorist-how-us-media-covers-kyle-rittenhouse

Sorry...Trevor Noah is hardly an unbiased source. If one needs to be in a city that has a high crime rate, having a legal and properly handled weapon is justified. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

First guy threatened to kill Kyle , Kyle shot him and then the mob chased him as he was running to the Police lines 

That fails to explain why the first guy threatened Rittenhouse much less any evidence to that effect. Where is it?

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That fails to explain why the first guy threatened Rittenhouse much less any evidence to that effect. Where is it?