Unpaid Electricity Bill - PEA/MEA disconnect

ExpatOilWorker

Sometime during the pandemic the government gave the order that PEA/MEA can't disconnect electricity even if the bill is not paid.

This means, you can have months after months of unpaid bills, racking up a 10 of thousand baht electricity bill.

With lockdown lifted is there any sign when this no-cut memorandum will be reversed?

Credible link to where you heard power won't be cut off after months of unpaid bills?

All I heard and found about those still struggling even after PEA giving discounts is this:

The PEA said households and small businesses, whose electricity bills are overdue for over a month, are urged to contact their local PEA office to arrange a repayment scheme.

8 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

The bill is not mine, but eventually it will end at my desk. It would be nice if MEA were doing their job!

Oh that must be the reason !....you Farang are the responsible one for the meter ..... solid as Gold to get their MEA money .....:thumbsup: no need for removing meter or closing 

Edited by david555

2 hours ago, david555 said:

Oh that must be the reason !....you Farang are the responsible one for the meter ..... solid as Gold to get their MEA money .....:thumbsup: no need for removing meter or closing 

It is actually a bit more complex than that. The meter is in some Thai name, so MEA should get off their lazy butt and do their job.