Retirement Extension 2021 (Do I need an agent for 65k transfer method?)

I am renewing my retirement visa next month. I have been doing 65k via international transfers each month.

I have one glitch: my November transfer was not properly "coded" because Transferwise unexpectedly 

sent the money from the USA to a third party bank, then onward to my Thai bank, which reflects as an

"Interbank transfer" not "International Bank Transfer." I have already gotten a credit advice from the third

party bank to verify that it was indeed an international transfer.

That being said, has anyone had any issues representing themselves at Bangkok Immigration to renew

their retirement visas using the 65k method? Is it better to pay an agent 15k to do it for you? And given

my one small glitch (described above), will immigration cause any issues that would be more easily 

handled by a Thai visa agent?

At immigration, are the monthly bank statements, landlord ID, and passport all I need at immigration

to ensure I can renew without any hassles?

Channing Wattana wants a letter from the bank listing your 12 months of transfers from abroad. They will accept what is shown in their banking records for all them marked foreign transfers and the credit advice for the one that does not show it. You will also need copies of your bank book pages.

I see no reason for you needing an agent to help you unless used one for your previous extension to prove your 800k baht in the bank.

Immigration will also want proof your kept the 800k baht in the bank for 3 months after your last extension and then 400k baht until you apply for this extension.

46 minutes ago, bangkokgalaxy said:

At immigration, are the monthly bank statements, landlord ID, and passport all I need at immigration

to ensure I can renew without any hassles?

You don't need an agent.

With the credit advice you mentioned and your bank statements you will be fine.

As for other requirements re photocopies of passport pages etc.....this is covered in many threads. You don't just flop out the landlord ID and passport.