Money in bank vanished

1 hour ago, Jennyau said:

QR code system to pay a lot of things or bank transfer

I am not very familiar with the QR code payment, rarely used it.

But to me it looks like a direct bank transfer which can hardly be intercepted.

QR code just supplies you mobile banking with the payment data and you confirm.

Likely more secure than handing over a card.

Maybe someone else has a more profound idea.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Some nerds think it is a good idea to "root" their smartphone.

Bangkok Bank and maybe others do not allow connection from such devices.

So it is not unsafe then.........

I have done the aforementioned deed more than once but no-one has ever called me a "nerd" before......:biggrin:

• Haha 1

You may think I’m stupid but every time I need money I change my online banking to what amount I want when I’ve done I then input 10 baht into cash and card withdrawal I know it’s a pain but if anyone try’s to rip me off the most they get is 10 bht 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

And yet some retirees still put 800.000 bt in their bank account. If they can really afford to lose that, would they not be better off in a normal country which is not ruled by soldiers?

But that deposit account can't be touched unless I go to the bank and physically present my passport, which they always photocopy every time.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Yes, good idea. However doesn't the more often you access your accounts the more often some hacker type may intercept your id/password ?  

Far better to use a mobile app. Even if a hacker were to capture your passcode, it would be useless without the device itself.

13 hours ago, Chicken Man said:

Open a second savings account, with no atm/debit card, at your bank to hold the bulk of your funds. It is free of charge and can be added to your mobile app. Keep only a smaller balance in your first account that you use for payments.

Exactly. This is what I have done for many years. I keep very little money in my savings account with an ATM card, or just move some over from the account with no ATM card, if I know I am going to hit the ATM or do an online payment like electricity.