Question about documents for non-immigrant visa (marriage)

HI

basic info- I'm a Canadian citizen, early fifties

so, I recently managed to get a tourist visa for Thailand. Sorting out the thai pass atm.

I'm not a tourist; my overall plan is to reunite with my girlfriend, get married and then apply for a non-immigrant visa. Since I can still work for my Canadian employer online I understand I could apply for the visa because of the 'making more than 40,000 baht a month' stipulation.

Had a look at some of the requirements (online and at the local consulate) but I'm still not clear on one thing.

What kind of documents do I need to bring in from Canada to apply for that visa?

I know I have to get some kind of letter from the embassy, to prove my income, but how would the embassy know how much I make?

Do I need to bring some documents from Canada with me, like a letter from my employer or from my bank, or an ROE?

If you got a similar visa any advice would be really appreciated.

To get married you will need a affirmation of permit to marry from the Canadian embassy.

To prove your income you will do a affidavit. They will accept a bank statement or a tax return as proof of it.

Info can be found here on the embassy website. https://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/thailand-thailande/consular_services_consulaires/legal-juridiques.aspx?lang=eng

• Like 1

Ubonjoe is correct, I just renewed  retirement extension last week and I got a income verification affidavit from the embassy, I used proof of income from CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) and downloaded it. Also you will have to fill in a form to make sure you are allowed to marry. I will attach the Income verification letter that you have to fill out.

Affidavit confirms pension other income 1.pdf

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dsj said:

Ubonjoe is correct, I just renewed  retirement extension last week and I got a income verification affidavit from the embassy, I used proof of income from CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) and downloaded it. Also you will have to fill in a form to make sure you are allowed to marry. I will attach the Income verification letter that you have to fill out.

Affidavit confirms pension other income 1.pdf 49.91 kB · 5 downloads

I am under the impression that the Aus, Canada and UK Embassies no longer provided affirmation of income letters. This facility was withdrawn when the Thai Government changed the requirement from Affirmation  to Confirmation. Has this now been reinstated?

39 minutes ago, fgmr said:

I am under the impression that the Aus, Canada and UK Embassies no longer provided affirmation of income letters. This facility was withdrawn when the Thai Government changed the requirement from Affirmation  to Confirmation. Has this now been reinstated?

Australia. UK. USA do not issue them.

Canada have always issued them.

Edited by Lite Beer

9 hours ago, fgmr said:

9 hours ago, fgmr said:
16 hours ago, dsj said:

Affidavit confirms pension other income 1.pdf 49.91 kB · 5 downloads

I am under the impression that the Aus, Canada and UK Embassies no longer provided affirmation of income letters. This facility was withdrawn when the Thai Government changed the requirement from Affirmation  to Confirmation. Has this now been reinstated

Canada still issues them as of November 5th, and at this time they do not plan to stop issuing them. I have attached the form to fill out to take to the embassy.