Proof that ฿800,000 untouched for 3 mths (Post Visa requirement)

banglay

2 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Go to your bank and ask for a statement letter for immigration pay 100bt take the letter and bank book to IMO job done????

Incorrect.

No bank letter is needed for the three month after check at Jomtien.

Do a transaction on the day of the report, update your book, bring a copy of passport id page, current extension, bank book id page and last three months record. 

Personally I have been receiving an order page to do these reports.

Some people don't get the.order.

Personally I would not do the report without the order but you still need to meet the money requirements regardless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Again no bank letter needed for the report! I have a current order. NO BANK LETTER.

Again Respectfully I know all this this is my 13th renewal .. but it is the first time I will leave the monies untouched in an account .Mainly for my own peace of mind and for me simplification of the next renew ( all this is my personal choice) ????

• Like 1

I have done this post report since it became a requirement, I think twice already. Just renewed my extension this week and again got the paper with date to do the post report. When I submitted the documents 3 mo later, I did not get anything to confirm that I have done it. This to me is an indication that they actually do not file it anywhere, and skipping the report might not have any impact whatsoever. At renewal they only check the 2mo before. 

The interesing question is whether anybody who got the paper but did not go report at all, had any trouble renewing their extension following year. 

People who use agent to bypass the 800k requiment do not need to do this report, though is possible that the agents would do it but I bet it is not required to be done at all if pay the 'fee'. 90 days report still needed. 

Edited by mran66
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, mran66 said:

I have done this post report since it became a requirement, I think twice already. Just renewed my extension this week and again got the paper with date to do the post report. When I submitted the documents 3 mo later, I did not get anything to confirm that I have done it. This to me is an indication that they actually do not file it anywhere, and skipping the report might not have any impact whatsoever. At renewal they only check the 2mo before. 

The interesing question is whether anybody who got the paper but did not go report at all, had any trouble renewing their extension following year. 

People who use agent to bypass the 800k requiment do not need to do this report, though is possible that the agents would do it but I bet it is not required to be done at all if pay the 'fee'. 90 days report still needed. 

The time before last I mistakenly took the paper along with a photocopy of bank book page showing the 800K a month early, so two months instead of three. paperwork was accepted, no questions asked. So I believe it's just another exercise in getting those who go the legal route to jump through hoops.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Not necessary if you pay an agent because you don't have the 800K. Corrupt immigration.

thats what I think too. But I wondering how the whole issue is handled techically i.e do they record the post-filing at all anywhere even when I file, just take the paper as the regulation is like that. They will not give receipt, and neither they require any proof that you had the 400k in your account during months 4-10, only the two months prior to extension application. 

Thus, wonder what really happens with this if report not done at all. As they do not give any receipt for this, I could basically say I filed, but they lost the paper or misfiled or something, if they would refer to that at renewal. 

The whole regulation of post reporting is a moronic idea of someone in immigration HQ, without considerations or actual plans of implementation (as in many policy cases here), IMO.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Not necessary if you pay an agent because you don't have the 800K. Corrupt immigration.

I wonder how this paying the agent method work, is it really fool-proof?

What if the anti-corruption unit do an audit check?

Then the retiree will get into trouble as well as the approving officer.

Edited by EricTh
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Been going on for years, doubt if anything will change. Money always oils the gears.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

The time before last I mistakenly took the paper along with a photocopy of bank book page showing the 800K a month early, so two months instead of three. paperwork was accepted, no questions asked. So I believe it's just another exercise in getting those who go the legal route to jump through hoops.

I believe only Pattaya and one or 2 other offices are actually asking people to return after 3 months.....last time I did it I got an impression my effort was not logged in any way.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I believe only Pattaya and one or 2 other offices are actually asking people to return after 3 months.....last time I did it I got an impression my effort was not logged in any way.

If it was logged there should be some receipt given to prove that you complied, but there isn't.

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

The payment is a fee for a service provided by agent and Immigration and is within the senior officers discretion

9 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

If its a requirement, they would have given you a document saying to come back on a certain date etc, no mention or document presume its not a current requirement.

I got one to come next week , as i got such a paper it show it is stil a Jomtien current requirement , however if not going ...i really don't know if there are any consequences 

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

It is getting pretty silly when you have to keep proving you have the money in the bank just to keep your extension of stay active for the rest of the year.  Sure, like the poster and many others including myself we leave the money in the bank year around and earning a paltry sum, but if I could shuffle it elsewhere for 9 months after the extension to earn some good money then I would and then 3 months prior ensure the 800K was in the bank again. Immigration and the banks are definitely in cahoots here with this issue.  Of course there have been folks who have never had the money in the bank and use agents.  Add another 200k to the amount and one could just go buy a 20 year Elite Visa and stop the silliness.

With the difference the 800K stay anyway your property , while putting +200K for Elite visa , you loose 800K ...+200K

Talking about silliness .... throwing 1 mill Bht  away ????

Edited by david555
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

Retiree is the last in line .... can not blame any other down the line .....excellent "scape goat " for active or passive corruption attempt ...????

2 minutes ago, Expat68 said:

A couple of years ago immigration stapled a little slip in my passport, saying the same, each 90 day report I go to the bank first, deposit 100 baht, take photo copy and bank book with me, never asked for proof yet

Pattaya Jomtien immigration or other one ?