Help! Bus from Pattaya to Bangkok or Swampy

orientalist

After a bust-up with the gf I find myself needing to get back to Bangkok or Suvarnabhumi by bus or minivan and my phone battery is almost flat. I am in the Jomtien beach area around Soi 12. Where is the best place to catch a bus?

Google shows a place marked "airport - pattaya bus 389 office" on Thappraya Road. Is that still in operation?

Busses departing from Foodmart carpark on Thapraya near the Thepprasit traffic lights.  Not sure of their schedule but there's a massage shop there in which you can take refuge while you wait.

Edited by Gsxrnz

4 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Yes running again (to my latest info).

Don't expect it to run too often.

Was it every 2 hours?

I literally saw one do a U-Turn on Thappraya to go to the carpark at approximately 9am this morning.

Edited by Gsxrnz
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

I'm hoping he'll write a book. Something along the lines of "The Great Escape".

Well it shouldn't be difficult... minibuses or coaches running down Sukhumvit would stop for a passenger if not full. 

39 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well it shouldn't be difficult... minibuses or coaches running down Sukhumvit would stop for a passenger if not full. 

I feel sure he escaped safely but it's the details I'm interested in. 

Did he have a map and compass? He could have got a dodgy not-to-scale tourist advertising map at Foodland but let's face it, asking a local which way north is would be like asking for quantum mechanics formulae. 

Did he wear a disguise, did the GF have all her GF's whizzing around Jomtien on scooters on a manhunt, did he have the correct documentation to alight public transport? Was he wearing a hat?

All a solid base for a third rate Thailand novel that can't be given away.  I can't wait!

Or will a mysterious article found floating in the water around Jomtien Soi 12 on Monday morning turn out to be our man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

I'm hoping he'll write a book. Something along the lines of "The Great Escape".

Yes, there is actually a long backstory to this and there have been multiple Great Escapes over the years. I don't actually live with The Witch and I endure her ranting only because we are raising her abandoned granddaughter, who fears being without a family. 

Usually the escapes involve me getting out of my condo in a hurry if I know the gf is on the warpath and likely to show up. The neighbours have complained about the shrieking late at night. So I have safe-houses (guest house, Airbnb, etc) around Hualampong and MorChit for quick getaways upcountry. Loy Krathong was different as the extended family travelled to Jomtien with us in several cars. The Witch probably has Borderline Personality Disorder and anything can set her off. The shouting started around 1am in the hotel room so I grabbed my small shoulder bag and walked out. I keep a survival kit in the bag with masks, tablet, earphones and various medicines.

Normally I keep the phone well-charged for such emergencies but taking photos had left me with only 20%. I used Google Maps to locate some cheap hotels along the beach road and had no trouble walking into the first one and using my driving licence as ID. Since the family's plan was to spend Saturday at the beach I was a bit worried I'd be spotted if I walked around too much - and I'd forgotten my hat.

Anyway, I got away OK and The Witch lost face with the family. However, it's a lesson that won't be learnt...

• Like 2