Return of covid lockdown

fredscats

7 hours ago, The Cipher said:

To clarify: I've been fully vaccinated and think others should get it too. If only because full vaccine saturation gives gov one less excuse to lock down. Nevertheless, the situation is ridiculous and I'm calling it out.

Another case of I'm vaccinated but...

Edited by onthedarkside
trolling comments removed
  • Confused 2

Not so sure about '6 months' or so.   Kids have been back in school for about 10 days to 2 weeks now depending on the school, so the new 'waves' could be this week.    It's just going to be a question of whether they'll be 'okay' with it or not.   Apparently society seems to have normalised with having X000 new cases and 40-80 dead everyday.      

13 minutes ago, Heng said:

Not so sure about '6 months' or so.   Kids have been back in school for about 10 days to 2 weeks now depending on the school, so the new 'waves' could be this week.    It's just going to be a question of whether they'll be 'okay' with it or not.   Apparently society seems to have normalised with having X000 new cases and 40-80 dead everyday.      

It depends whether the hospitals fill up or not.

3 hours ago, Thailand said:

Can you link to the info relating to the pending lockdown in Thailand please.

I did state "6 months or so"        " COVID-19: Germany may follow Austria into full lockdown as coronavirus cases hit new high"

"A large majority of people are concerned the Covid-19 situation could become more serious in the next one to two months after the Nov 1 reopening of the country,"     Not say I

Edited by fredscats

7 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Boosters are available in Thailand.

Under very limited guidelines.

I am in a group that in the U.S. would be classed as you MUST get a booster, and as yet, I have no path whatsoever to get a booster in Thailand.

The good news is that I have time until my time window for a booster comes up so maybe by then it will be. But again no assurance whatsoever that a booster will be available to me then.

I am speaking personally because I'm certain that my situation applies to the majority of people living in Thailand now. 

Edited by onthedarkside
personal comment to other member removed
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Thailand said:

Can you link to the info relating to the pending lockdown in Thailand please.

There is none but it's credible that it will happen again later when you look at other countries that are feeling the need to do that with populations much more vaccinated than in Thailand. 

If/when 95 percent of the people here including children are double vaxxed and boosted as needed, then and only then can we talk about this being in the endemic stage here. As of now, not even close.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Under very limited guidelines.

I am in a group that in the U.S. would be classed as you MUST get a booster, and as yet, I have no path whatsoever to get a booster in Thailand.

The good news is that I have time until my time window for a booster comes up so maybe by then it will be. But again no assurance whatsoever that a booster will be available to me then.

I am speaking personally because I'm certain that my situation applies to the majority of people living in Thailand now. 

180 staff at my work are getting boosters next week, I know many others that have already had a booster.

• Like 1

The truth is that everyone of good will should be hoping that boosters are going to be available to all in Thailand during their time window, because that on top of massive vax rates (like 95 percent) is the only thing that is going to make the pandemic "over" here.

I think a big factor in many people feeling hostile towards shifting public health policies is because things have indeed changed substantially over time. New findings, new conditions, new mutations, those changes are unfortunately necessary. I reckon some people bought the overly optimistic Koolaid that much lower levels of vaccination would bring some kind of magical "herd immunity" and the end to all this misery. Nope. I think mature people can understand that attitudes do need to be adjusted as conditions and knowledge advances. Obviously public messaging hasn't been near perfect in any country, but I don't think the masses ever really wanted to hear more realistic pessimistic possible scenarios before they had to. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

I think Thailand has a huge advantage compared to Europe, when we reach similar vaccine coverage in the population.

The climate.

Here in Denmark we had several months during the summer/fall where we were fully open with no restrictions at all and no spikes,

but now when we're heading into the colder period the spikes are starting again.

So far we're open as usual, but the unvaccinated ones, does have to show a negative test before entering restaurant/bars.

The rest of us just have to show the vaccination certificate.

No lockdowns planned so far, and no masks mandatory.

Thailands cold period shouldn't affect them as much as it does here in Europe,

when it comes to spikes,  but that's just my couch opinion.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I don't think any country has the stomach to impose strict lockdowns again, certainly not Thailand. The restrictions being considered in Europe are things like mask mandates or restrictions for the unvaccinated.

You see the riot scenes coming from Holland,Austria? Thailand will follow the path its told to do

Thousands of demonstrators also took to the streets in Austria, Croatia and Italy as anger mounted over new curbs.

The World Health Organization (WHO) said it was "very worried" about rising coronavirus cases on the continent.

Edited by fredscats

1 hour ago, fredscats said:

You see the riot scenes coming from Holland,Austria? Thailand will follow the path its told to do

Thousands of demonstrators also took to the streets in Austria, Croatia and Italy as anger mounted over new curbs.

The World Health Organization (WHO) said it was "very worried" about rising coronavirus cases on the continent.

Sure. But I don't think the Thai government has the stomach to impose a strict lockdown. At least I hope it doesn't!

4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Sure. But I don't think the Thai government has the stomach to impose a strict lockdown. At least I hope it doesn't!

As the numbers here have never demanded for such extreme measures. 

Remembering the first full year of the COVID era [pre-vaccine] when Thailand was among one of the top list as to least number of documented infected/deaths. Whereas, throughout the U.S. and Europe [comparatives examples], the high numbers haven't changed dramatically whatsoever [vaccination or not] - surge after surge, repressed lockdown policy after another. This picture continues to be not so pretty. 

Yet, there is the continuous angst/critique, within this venue, that Thailand is/or will be doomed with high numbers - when it's truly not that bad.....compared to other supposed superior societies. 

Stones and glass houses come to mind. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Yet, there is the continuous angst/critique, within this venue, that Thailand is/or will be doomed with high numbers - when it's truly not that bad.....compared to other supposed superior societies. 

Stones and glass houses come to mind.

Doomed or not,the effects in Thailand are there to see, food line ups galore... the supposed"superior societies" have other strings the their bows,Thailand ,not so. 

It seems numbers are static,but the numbers doing the testings are lower too