Thai private sector to propose economy-boosting measures to PM on Sunday

Jonathan Fairfield

E3675911-2F24-48CD-BE64-A30F405F29B3.jpeg

Sanan Angubolkul, president of the Thai Chamber of Commerce, told an economic forum today (Saturday) that five regional chambers of commerce have been developing measures, to be complied into a white paper, for submission to Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, who is scheduled to meet with members of the private sector tomorrow.

The measures include, among others, speedy distribution of COVID-19 vaccines to cover everyone nationwide, extension of the 50:50 co-payment and “shop dee mee kuen” (the more you spend, the more you get) schemes, household debt reduction and assistance for small and medium sized enterprises.

He said that they expect that their proposals to be implemented by the government, which will help in accelerating economic recovery post COVID-19.

He also warned entrepreneurs to brace for increasing oil prices in the coming year which, he predicted, will increase production costs and the selling prices of all products.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-private-sector-to-propose-economy-boosting-measures-to-pm-on-sunday/

Logo-top-.png
  • Sad 1

I nearly spewed up this morning when seeing the unvoted, unwanted, faux PM wearing the same blue shirt as his pal A nut in with "what" look like dollar signs on it, he was in a video promoting the Thai countryside I think, looking smug and smiling like a loon, did anyone else see it, please say I wasn't the only one, it was on channel 3, I did curse & swear quite a lot, the mrs thought I was having a turn.