Thai PM demands seamless "Thailand Pass"

webfact

While i agree with everyone that thinks very few real tourist will go through the aggro of the TP and the worry of sitting near a positive tested passenger resulting in quarentine at your own expense if you test negative (AFAIK only positive results can claim on insurance), the TP does seem to be working a whole lot better now.

For myself, it took around 10 hours of work including research to have everything in place ready to tackle the application, 20/30 minutes to complete, instant acknowledgement and TP QR code in under 24 hours, received on a Sunday.

It is not the best system by any means, just make sure everything is ready before hand and follow the instuctions exactly.

Best of luck

• Like 1

It took my friend and his son 3 hours to complete the application for Thailand Pass so he can get back to his family. Does the Thai government really believe that casual tourists will spend hours jumping through hoops when there are many other warm sunny beaches in other countries which are easier to access and no weird regulations. 

I think it's a case of complex minds create unnecessarily complex solutions because they get promotion and jobs on the basis of navigating the complex politics. Simplicity frightens them they need the comfort blanket of complexity

5 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

An example: For the Phuket Sandbox, people have to book the RT-PCR with ThailandPsas. Then you have to book 7 nights at the SHA Hotel separately. Then upload them to Thailand Pass along with the insurance, vaccination certificate and passport.

- Check visa requirements beforehand

- Pay and wait for ThailandPsas dokument.

- Find the "right" insurance. Pay and wait until you get the documents.

- Find an approved hotel, pay in advance, wait for the documents.

- Then convert all documents to jpg.

- If the insurance documents consist of several pages, build 1 jpg from them

- For the vaccination documents, cut out the QR code for both vaccinations. Make only 1 jpg out of it again.

- Make sure that you are working with the correct browsers and email addresses.

- Organize approved transport to the hotel.

-  Print out all documents on paper.

Then they get the Thai passport online. Before leaving, they need to get RT PCR, fly to Phuket. When they land, they get an RT-PCR test at the airport, they also get ATKs. You take ATK after arriving at the hotel. Stay there for 7 days and after free to go.

- Fill out TM6

- Fill out T8

- Download the Mor Chana App. Try to register.

- Wait for pcr test result

- Make your atk  selftest at day 6-7

- Make Foto from your self test.

- Give or send result from selftest to your hotel. Upload in MorChana is not possible.

- When check out do not forget health letter from hotel.

Did I forget something?

The effort for test and go is similar.

Question: Does anyone have any idea how to make this even more complicated?

They confiscate residents returning late documents. My passport and Residency book were confiscated at airport. Given a receipt and told to report to Local Immigration. In this case Pattaya. I turned up a week later and they had no idea what I was talking about.

I insisted that maybe the snail mail might be late. Thereupon they checked it, behold my doc's were there.

I finally walked out with it all complete, and late return waived.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha said at the weekend that the country's leader is demanding that the Thailand pass system is working seamlessly

And the public has been demanding fearless leader to handover to someone who knows what they would be doing, in a critical situation.

both fell on deaf ears

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Paul Henry said:

The Australian media is stating that the Aus - Singapore bubble has result in all planes being fully booked. The fact for this is the seamless requirements for both countries. Double vaccination and negative test 72 hours before departure. Maybe our friends in the Thai Govt may need to take a lesson from their Singapore neighbours.

Seamless and quarantine free for VTL scheme between Australia and Singapore. I hope Thailand will negotiate with 'safe' countries for VTL arrangement. Could be hard when Thailand is still not safe based on current assessment of the covid-19 risks. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

An example: For the Phuket Sandbox, people have to book the RT-PCR with ThailandPsas. Then you have to book 7 nights at the SHA Hotel separately. Then upload them to Thailand Pass along with the insurance, vaccination certificate and passport.

- Check visa requirements beforehand

- Pay and wait for ThailandPsas dokument.

- Find the "right" insurance. Pay and wait until you get the documents.

- Find an approved hotel, pay in advance, wait for the documents.

- Then convert all documents to jpg.

- If the insurance documents consist of several pages, build 1 jpg from them

- For the vaccination documents, cut out the QR code for both vaccinations. Make only 1 jpg out of it again.

- Make sure that you are working with the correct browsers and email addresses.

- Organize approved transport to the hotel.

-  Print out all documents on paper.

Then they get the Thai passport online. Before leaving, they need to get RT PCR, fly to Phuket. When they land, they get an RT-PCR test at the airport, they also get ATKs. You take ATK after arriving at the hotel. Stay there for 7 days and after free to go.

- Fill out TM6

- Fill out T8

- Download the Mor Chana App. Try to register.

- Wait for pcr test result

- Make your atk  selftest at day 6-7

- Make Foto from your self test.

- Give or send result from selftest to your hotel. Upload in MorChana is not possible.

- When check out do not forget health letter from hotel.

Did I forget something?

The effort for test and go is similar.

Question: Does anyone have any idea how to make this even more complicated?

I cant think of anything else but i DO think Thai bureaucracy could and would, to the point of required documents needing to be charged as excess baggage.

3 hours ago, markeewan said:

Looking at the Thailand requirements it was easier for my wife to come to Australia for Xmas, so that is what we are planning. By the time she is ready to return to Thailand I may be able to accompany her but with reduced restrictions.

Yesterday she went to the shop for a passport photo and it was a two hour wait, today got done first thing in the morning. 

Was planning to take my thai wife to Oz before Covid.

From memory it was hundreds of AUD, non refundable, and about 14 pages of tourist application form...even though she's been there several times before.

Just about as crazy as here !!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wiggy said:

Then get rid of it. How’s that for seamless? Oh, sorry far too logical for Thailand. 

Should've never been proposed from the start.

Much more beneficial for all [with the excepting of the profiteers] if they just dumped the whole program. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Meanwhile the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has ensured that the system couples hotels with hospitals and it's all connected to COSTE that can be updated. 

I wonder what the TAT means with COSTE.

8 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Dispatch a team to Stanford University. A small team of undergrads, from their English department even,  could have a great app finished by next weekend.

I was about to suggest something similar, but I know I'd be wasting my breath as the Thai way is always the best way.

4 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

The essential difference is that while Singapore consistently sits atop the PISA educational tables Thailand languishes near the very bottom. There simply isn’t the basic intelligence to even contemplate emulating Singapore. 

Bingo.

First rule of Dunning-Kruger Club: You don't know you're in the club. ????

• Like 2

Hopefully they recognize that continually cutting corners on every facet of life, including COVID-19 vaccines, actually costs more in the long run.

Do things right the first time mitigates costly repairs and redo's.

Off course this will never happen.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, markeewan said:

By the time she is ready to return to Thailand I may be able to accompany her but with reduced restrictions.

I wish I had your confidence. We need to go to Australia but not sure we can get back without all of the problems that have been discussed on AN.

• Like 1