Thai PM demands seamless "Thailand Pass"

webfact

4 hours ago, MaiChai said:

Had fun filling this in at the weekend. It does not allow you to attach pdf files, so I had to convert loads of files into jpegs, which won't be easy for your average user. Then the vaccine part is really over complicated; why can't you just attach your vaccine doc, rather than having to split up into 1st dose, 2nd dose, booster, and then attaching a QR code for each one. Basically you are doing their admin by them making it complicated so that it fills in all the sections for them!

Anyhow mine and wifes got approved within 2 days so I guess I can't complain.

Was curious about your remark on uploading vaccination document. I have 3 versions of it:

1) a vaccine passport

2) a digital passport

3) a certificate from the hospital where I received my jabs

all issued in Thailand, all with both jabs on, all in jpeg. How do I upload?

(I'm in Thailand, going away, and returning within a month, so I hope to get the TP sorted out before I go. Is that even a possibility?) All my docs have been converted to jpeg from pdf

3 hours ago, Stoker58 said:

Thais just don’t seem to be capable of running things like apps and websites. I think it comes down to the language problem. I was trying to register on a shopping website the other day, just couldn’t get through it. I sent messages to their email and Messenger - nothing. Silence.

Which shopping website was it? Don't worry about defamation, you are only saying they did not answer you.

On 11/22/2021 at 9:15 AM, Captain Monday said:

Dispatch a team to Stanford University. A small team of undergrads, from their English department even,  could have a great app finished by next weekend.

Offer some beer money and a paid  trip to Ko Phangan for New Year.

Why Why Why are govt apps always so buggy and useless?

why beer money ..they won't let is drink lol

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

The big difference here being that Cambodia is run by elected politicians, where Thailand is run by unelected clowns.

I hope your kidding. Hun Seng was already PM while Pol Pot was still around. He let every competition banned from elections. That’s why he still is the PM

1 minute ago, Moneyhonour said:

I hope your kidding. Hun Seng was already PM while Pol Pot was still around. He let every competition banned from elections. That’s why he still is the PM

At least he is not a poorly educated soldier.

Just now, Sheryl said:

it most definitely is run by the military.

Thanks Sheryl, I didn't know that, though I certainly don't remember any coup like Thailand and Burma, the military in Cambodia must be in government through some other method that is not well publicised.

On 11/23/2021 at 12:05 AM, zzaa09 said:

And they have yet to realize that all these restrictive contradictions and policies are gonna come back to bite them on the backside. 

In theory, there's still time to make amends and salvage the complete mess that they've created - in practice, they'll just dig a deeper hole.

Loss of face will have kicked in already so the more the wretched "Pass" is criticsised the deeper the heels will dig in and if the people are starving, let them eat cake.

On 11/23/2021 at 12:05 AM, zzaa09 said:

And they have yet to realize that all these restrictive contradictions and policies are gonna come back to bite them on the backside. 

In theory, there's still time to make amends and salvage the complete mess that they've created - in practice, they'll just dig a deeper hole.

Loss of face will have kicked in already so the more the wretched "Pass" is criticsised the deeper the heels will dig in and if the people are starving, let them eat cake.

On 11/23/2021 at 4:38 AM, samtam said:

Was curious about your remark on uploading vaccination document. I have 3 versions of it:

1) a vaccine passport

2) a digital passport

(I'm in Thailand, going away, and returning within a month, so I hope to get the TP sorted out before I go. Is that even a possibility?) All my docs have been converted to jpeg from pdf

You are supposed to upload one certificate for each jab. Maybe it works if you upload two times the same certificate (digital), not sure.

I think It's very important to upload the QR code, as the system must be able to know you have two jabs just by reading it. 

Edited by candide
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, candide said:

You are supposed to upload one certificate for each jab. Maybe it works if you upload two times the same certificate (digital), not sure.

I think It's very important to upload the QR code, as the system must be able to know you have two jabs just by reading it. 

Yes, you upload same docuemtn (a d same QR code) twice if applicable

• Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 10:38 AM, samtam said:

1) a vaccine passport

2) a digital passport

How far in advance is it possible to apply for the Thailand Pass? I need to be away 1 month from Thailand. Can I apply for it before I leave?