Thai PM demands seamless "Thailand Pass"

webfact

2 hours ago, Paul Henry said:

The Australian media is stating that the Aus - Singapore bubble has result in all planes being fully booked. The fact for this is the seamless requirements for both countries. Double vaccination and negative test 72 hours before departure. Maybe our friends in the Thai Govt may need to take a lesson from their Singapore neighbours.

But you need to check what "double vaccination". Until the AstraZeneca get the name change of the Thai version to their corporate one Vaxzevria you cannot go as at the moment the Thai version is not approved. Even though the the Australian TGA were the authority who gave the approval to WHO.

10 hours ago, RafPinto said:

ChaCha, please have a chat with immigration too.

90days online not working and now, they even don't bother to send anything back by post.

Waiting already 7,5 weeks and nothing.

Same here...online not working.  I mailed all forms by registered mail, shows received Oct 6...but nothing returned 6 weeks later.

• Like 1

Simplify it easy. Apply to Thai government site, choose hotel, pay same place - includes element of insurance - Done. If you do not have a visa, negative pre-flight Covid test or a Covid pass, your problem, same for many countries. Could even allow visa exemption and extended quarantine for inadequate proof of vaccination  on arrival.

I found it to be a super easy process.  It was very clear and fast to complete, took me about an hour to call and get both my insurance and hotel, about 30 minutes to upload the documents to the “Thailand Pass” page, and I received the approval QR Code 3 days later.

For the Covid insurance I paid $130, and for the one-day quarantine hotel 4600 baht. Getting the insurance was not that big of a deal, since I have always purchased it in the past when I travel to Europe and South America where I go often. Actually, it is not very smart to travel the world without international travel insurance.

Nevertheless, the process seemed pretty streamlined and easy to complete.

Edited by Billy A
misspelling
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Billy A said:

I found it to be a super easy process.  It was very clear and fast to complete, took me about an hour to call and get both my insurance and hotel, about 30 minutes to upload the documents to the “Thailand Pass” page, and I received the approval QR Code 3 days later.

For the Covid insurance I paid $130, and for the one-day quarantine hotel 4600 baht. Getting the insurance was not that big of a deal, since I have always purchased it in the past when I travel to Europe and South America where I go often. Actually, it is not very smart to travel the world without international travel insurance.

Nevertheless, the process seemed pretty streamlined and easy to complete.

how long was the insurance for? which company?

13 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

An example: For the Phuket Sandbox, people have to book the RT-PCR with ThailandPsas. Then you have to book 7 nights at the SHA Hotel separately. Then upload them to Thailand Pass along with the insurance, vaccination certificate and passport.

- Check visa requirements beforehand

- Pay and wait for ThailandPsas dokument.

- Find the "right" insurance. Pay and wait until you get the documents.

- Find an approved hotel, pay in advance, wait for the documents.

- Then convert all documents to jpg.

- If the insurance documents consist of several pages, build 1 jpg from them

- For the vaccination documents, cut out the QR code for both vaccinations. Make only 1 jpg out of it again.

- Make sure that you are working with the correct browsers and email addresses.

- Organize approved transport to the hotel.

-  Print out all documents on paper.

Then they get the Thai passport online. Before leaving, they need to get RT PCR, fly to Phuket. When they land, they get an RT-PCR test at the airport, they also get ATKs. You take ATK after arriving at the hotel. Stay there for 7 days and after free to go.

- Fill out TM6

- Fill out T8

- Download the Mor Chana App. Try to register.

- Wait for pcr test result

- Make your atk  selftest at day 6-7

- Make Foto from your self test.

- Give or send result from selftest to your hotel. Upload in MorChana is not possible.

- When check out do not forget health letter from hotel.

Did I forget something?

The effort for test and go is similar.

Question: Does anyone have any idea how to make this even more complicated?

Yes, make the language Ancient Greek or Thai.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, onekoolguy said:

Difficult, Time consuming, Frustrating, Expensive!  Just my experience.

All needless. These goons seem to invite complications, confusion extra work, and expense. 

And it is coming back to bite them. Tourists are simply saying no. You are not a big deal, I can live without Thailand and your stupid restrictions, and there are too many alternative nations that are showing far more courage, than you cowards are. 

The reality is, Thailand needs tourists 100x more than tourists need Thailand. But, their extreme hubris prevents any clarity or reason. 

Woe is Thailand with the goombah leader. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

My old friend who is 82, is letting his son do all the process for him to go to Thailand.

He is hoping to depart Canada at the end of November. So far with all the questions being asked about proof

of finances, as well as sending all the information about hotel information, and everything to the Thai consulate in Canada,

my friend is still hopeful that he will be able to leave on time. I wished him luck.

I also say good luck to the rest of you brave, hardy people who are trying to escape the cold Winter from where you

are.  My friend who has arrived in Hua Hin,  says that he is already tired of all the rain. 555.

Doing away with the Thailand Pass would be a good start of making a trip to Thailand better.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, charmonman said:

The first thing I would scrap is the covid-19 insurance scam, at least for the fully vaccinated. The chance of any of these people having covid-19 or having to be hospitalized for it is minimal.

Yip, no requirement for that in likes of Sri Lanka or pcr on arrival.

It's doubled vaxxed plus pcr before stepping on the plane.

I think that is the threshold before looking elsewhere for people.

• Like 1

Had fun filling this in at the weekend. It does not allow you to attach pdf files, so I had to convert loads of files into jpegs, which won't be easy for your average user. Then the vaccine part is really over complicated; why can't you just attach your vaccine doc, rather than having to split up into 1st dose, 2nd dose, booster, and then attaching a QR code for each one. Basically you are doing their admin by them making it complicated so that it fills in all the sections for them!

Anyhow mine and wifes got approved within 2 days so I guess I can't complain.

Edited by MaiChai

43 minutes ago, MaiChai said:

Had fun filling this in at the weekend. It does not allow you to attach pdf files, so I had to convert loads of files into jpegs, which won't be easy for your average user. Then the vaccine part is really over complicated; why can't you just attach your vaccine doc, rather than having to split up into 1st dose, 2nd dose, booster, and then attaching a QR code for each one. Basically you are doing their admin by them making it complicated so that it fills in all the sections for them!

Anyhow mine and wifes got approved within 2 days so I guess I can't complain.

I am new to the board looking for info to come to Thailand for a month as a tourist.  I was there in 2016.  my plan was Dubai for new years eve and expo then on to Thailand.  but after reading all this.  i think that it is not possible.

Cambodia was on my short list.....

sigh

Thais just don’t seem to be capable of running things like apps and websites. I think it comes down to the language problem. I was trying to register on a shopping website the other day, just couldn’t get through it. I sent messages to their email and Messenger - nothing. Silence.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Karma80 said:

Arrived, had to go to the SHA+ hotel booked for a single night, check out 2 hours later and go home when the negative test came back and a sigh of relief that they they weren't going to be carted off for a 200k stay at a hospital.

What a waste of time. Why would any genuine tourist be bothered with this rubbish. 

For myself as a returning resident it was well worth the effort as I am sure it was for your friend a businessman. For tourists I agree it is not accommodating. Yes the airlines are totally confused in what is required of them I believe this is on account of the previous Certificate of Entry system which required tons of paperwork. Singapore Air took 30 minutes per person to process at check in at SFO. Luckily I had printed all my documents and QR code, those that didn't have paper copies were told to email them to the SINAIR office so they can be printed. Then the agent took a photo of each document for their archives and a supervisor had to come and go thru all the documents as well before the agent was cleared to process the individual.

As far as arrival was concerned it was very slick, however the screeners of your documents preferred to see paper copies as well. I went right thru the line because I had paper copies ready, the officer scanned my paper QR code and then I went straight to immigration, bag claim and then my waiting SHA+ hotel representative. The whole process after arrival only took me 30 minutes and I was swabbed and resting comfortably in my hotel room served breakfast and ordered a couple of beers within an hour.

• Like 1