Thailand booze ban: Registration push in clubs and bars points to possibly raising a glass at Xmas/New Year

webfact

24 minutes ago, Chivas said:
29 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Name them.

Cambodia doesn't count either.

Tourism is still in the tank GLOBALLY.

......and therein lays the problem with many

Cambodia !

Pretty obvious it is your problem.

Off you go then.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

With five weeks to Christmas and six to New Year many people - not least foreign tourists who have found much of Thailand dry or will do if arriving this week -  will be hoping to celebrate the festive season more freely.

Will this be Prayuts gift to the nation... open bars at New Year?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Name them.

Cambodia doesn't count either.

Tourism is still in the tank GLOBALLY.

Well rather than going to Thailand again this year as I would have liked I have booked a holiday in Gran Canaria.  No restrictions or need for Covid test if you are fully vaccinated. 

Edited by Adelphi
  • Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 9:58 AM, redwood1 said:

will be hoping to celebrate the festive season more freely.

Are tourist going to jump hoops of fire to get to Thailand in HOPES the bars will be open?........Nope.....Its to late for high season 2021 even if the bars do open..

High and low season is a pre covid concept which is no longer relevant. There will never be another high season again. There will be peak tourist travel times determined by the Chinese tourist needs.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 10:49 AM, Chivas said:

Until Thailand sweeps away all these oppressive restrictions right across the board including immigration less than 1% of 2019 arrival numbers will sweep through the doors at Suvarnabhumbi

Their arrogance is breath taking at times. Destinations worldwide happily taking up the slack

Nothing to do with arrogance. Everything to do with caution and disease prevention. With Covid-19 sweeping through Europe and lockdowns being reintroduced in Germany, Austria, Holland etc it wise of the Thai government to be cautious. The white entitlement of western tourists does not and should determine Thai national health policy. The Thai people don't want a return to mass tourism.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Adelphi said:

Well rather than going to Thailand again this year as I would have liked I have booked a holiday in Gran Canaria.  No restrictions or need for Covid test if you are fully vaccinated. 

Good choice. Once you factor in the transport cocts its no more expensive and far cleaner. No rip offs, bars open, no pollution.

Good idea.

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Nothing to do with arrogance. Everything to do with caution and disease prevention. With Covid-19 sweeping through Europe and lockdowns being reintroduced in Germany, Austria, Holland etc it wise of the Thai government to be cautious. The white entitlement of western tourists does not and should determine Thai national health policy. The Thai people don't want a return to mass tourism.

Chap rest assured you'll never grasp the reality of the Thai mindset.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

I did actually, note the word 'openly'. Sid, best drink ever ????

Those where the days.

Nurses visiting the compound at the weekends. ( Having to cut the SID 3 to 1 )

Sqn Cmdr and his entourage visiting for the Disco.

Pilot who was a prince inviting the Sqn to his seaside palace for BBQ..

I bought a villa in Italy on the proceeds of my Still activities.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 10:49 AM, Chivas said:

Until Thailand sweeps away all these oppressive restrictions right across the board including immigration less than 1% of 2019 arrival numbers will sweep through the doors at Suvarnabhumbi

Their arrogance is breath taking at times. Destinations worldwide happily taking up the slack

Rubbish. Try sticking with the region SEA which other country is wide open? Thailand only