Pattaya Walking Street business owners hold meeting, officially request an opening plan before New Year’s Eve

webfact

3 hours ago, blackprince said:

They may well be, and vaccination does a very good job in suppressing transmission, but it doesn't eliminate transmission. And sino---,which is what most of the sex workers would have been offered, is known to be the least effective of the vaccines.

Given the, how shall I put it, "close proximity" required for sex work, and the natural desire for sex workers to maximise income via maximising the number of clients (particularly on the walking street end of the sex trade), it's a mug's game.

Many sex workers believe they have no choice. But their clients have many options, not least of all their wrist.

Nothing to do with moral purity, just common sense and basic hygiene.

If the lady is vaccinated, and the customer is vaccinated, the odds of transmission of Covid is probably less than the odds of transmission of other diseases.

3 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Rubbish. Hard-core sex tourists don't visit WS. It's a general entertainment area with dozens of restaurants, clubs, bars and some very tame go go bars. Young Thais visit WS in their hundreds for the hip hop, rap and dance clubs.

We're not talking about young Thais, we're talking about sexpats.

Walking Street's reputation is notorious worldwide.

The fact that you are aware of other more "hard-core" locations is a comment on yourself not on WS!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blackprince said:

So you think this is nonsense...

To bring up 'swimming in effluent' and 'jumping out of Jomtien high rises'  when discussing exercise... well the word 'diverion' or phrase 'non sequitur' just doesn't cut it!

10 minutes ago, blackprince said:

So you think this is nonsense...

"I'd question that ALL forms of exercise are useful. Jumping  out of Jomtien high rises certainly isn't, or jayrunning, or swimming in effluent.

But as for this particular form of exercise - one wo/man's wrist is as good as another's."

Good luck with that.

Why anyone would want to engage in sex tourism at this particular point in time is totally beyond me, especially when they complain about the Thai government's new rules on health insurance for foreigners!

Even at the best of times, sex tourism has never appealed to me, not because of moral puritanism, or because of the sex workers, but simply from looking at the state of the sex tourists.

Put the shovel down , enough excercise this morning

Edited by morrobay
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

To bring up 'swimming in effluent' and 'jumping out of Jomtien high rises'  when discussing exercise... well the word 'diverion' or phrase 'non sequitur' just doesn't cut it!

Oh sorry, I didn't realise this such was a learned discussion.

But I do remember the times when on TV (as was) swimming in effluent was considered to be the only option for sea swimming in the pattaya area (and swimming as well as jumping are forms of exercise right).

As for your comment to the effect that all exercise is good for you, even sexercise with sex workers in one of the most renowned sex tourism fleshpots in the world during a pandemic, I can think of many reasons why most of the world world might disagree. I can also understand why the sexpats and sex tourists in soi buakhao and walking sreet might not wish to be reminded of that.

8 hours ago, hereforgood said:

Walking street looks like a war zone so many businesses boarded up. The street its self in terrible shape no Tourists other than the Hardcore sex tourists will  spend any time there. That crowd is shifting to LK Metro and the Soi Boukow area already. Walking street has had its time seen its day. Never will be like it was pre covid 19. 

Walking Street outpriced itself well before covid.  

Unless Thai landlords offer realistic rents there, post covid, so Walking Street can compete with LK Metro / Baukhao / Tree Town etc, then it will struggle for adult nightlife customers. Some nightclubs and restaurants will survive, but the bars and gogo's for the girls will be finished.  

Walking Street is not the only show in town now, and package holiday Chinese and Russians, walking up and down spectating and taking photos, don't pay the bills. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

But if large crowds, and its packed, continue  to meet at Tree town, and Soi buakow,  vaccinated  with whatever,  and no one is getting sick, no new cases, wouldn't  that show proof that it's safe to open.  It seems to be working there and putting lots of money into Thai pockets there.

You can still catch covid, spread covid, get sick from covid, get really sick from covid, and die from covid, despite being vaccinated.  The percentages of the last to are small, but across a large population, it's enough to overwhelm Pattaya's / Thailand's health care system.  

They are in a difficult position, because they know opening up will see the virus rip through the population, and they know they haven't got the hospital beds for the few percent that still get very sick and possibly die.  

12 hours ago, blackprince said:

Currently. I would suggest that people who are engaged in the sex trade from either side of the counter are more likely to be "making a dying" than "making a living", especially when one considers the age of some sexpats.

Nothing to do with moral purity. Just common sense.

papa praying to Buddha that

soi 6 re-opens before papa dies.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, elgenon said:

How do I find Treetown Soi Buakeow? Not familiar w it.

11 hours ago, smedly said:

it is not hard to spot - huge gathering of people near LK Metro going North

There's plenty of videos of Treetown on youtube if you want to visually see the area as a guide

14 hours ago, blackprince said:

Currently. I would suggest that people who are engaged in the sex trade from either side of the counter are more likely to be "making a dying" than "making a living", especially when one considers the age of some sexpats.

Nothing to do with moral purity. Just common sense.

speak for yourself

13 hours ago, blackprince said:

They may well be, and vaccination does a very good job in suppressing transmission, but it doesn't eliminate transmission. And sino---,which is what most of the sex workers would have been offered, is known to be the least effective of the vaccines.

Given the, how shall I put it, "close proximity" required for sex work, and the natural desire for sex workers to maximise income via maximising the number of clients (particularly on the walking street end of the sex trade), it's a mug's game.

Many sex workers believe they have no choice. But their clients have many options, not least of all their wrist.

Nothing to do with moral purity, just common sense and basic hygiene.

another preacher

10 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

WS was sad 20 years ago already.

I know you are adding a throwaway comment but my recollection was a good place to  go that far back. Also very popular and crowded... but there was 2 groups at night, the looky loos, mostly wandering through (sometimes in large groups from mostly China) and an underbelly of males on the razz. It was more expensive but not as 'rough' as the Buakhao alternative..... dare I say because mostly oriental customers who are better behaved. 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I know you are adding a throwaway comment but my recollection was a good place to  go that far back. 

Right Walking st. was fine up until the recent past ,before the Asian invasion. The problem now is really the physical degradation. It always looked shabby in daytime but as noted above , looks like a warzone now. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

but my recollection was a good place to  go that far back.

6 hours ago, morrobay said:

Right Walking st. was fine up until the recent past ,before the Asian invasion

It was ruined for me when the Russians moved in.

When I want Russian go-go I go to Saint Petersburg.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 1:32 PM, Leaver said:

You can still catch covid, spread covid, get sick from covid, get really sick from covid, and die from covid, despite being vaccinated.  The percentages of the last to are small, but across a large population, it's enough to overwhelm Pattaya's / Thailand's health care system.  

They are in a difficult position, because they know opening up will see the virus rip through the population, and they know they haven't got the hospital beds for the few percent that still get very sick and possibly die.  

Well if thats true after a crowd like the one on Beach Road last nihht tgen we should see some of that ripping through  the population  very soon.  It was more packed than a record crowd at a concert.   There was no social  distancing,  hundreds if not thousands  of food vendors.  If covid doesnt rise from this event then it should be safe to open many other things.  This was just silly

On 11/25/2021 at 7:39 AM, morrobay said:

Right Walking st. was fine up until the recent past ,before the Asian invasion. The problem now is really the physical degradation. It always looked shabby in daytime but as noted above , looks like a warzone now. 

Rumor has it that walking street bars al9ng the beach wont get their license  renewed, and not for lack of owners trying, and because  there will be a new mall built tgere?  Is it a rumor?  December  will tell the tale.  If they dont get a license  this month then the rumor just might be true, but for the bars al9ng the beach.

On 11/24/2021 at 10:48 PM, Leaver said:

Apps are open 24/7/365.  ????  

Papa is wrong.  Has he not heard the "rumors" many bars like the ones owned on soi 6 by tge monopoly  that raised the price of lady drinks to 190 thb just before  the last live streaming was shut down, and many others, not all, have been lost.  One group owned over 20 bars in Pattaya  and a. Lot on soi 6, but last count tgey only had 3 left on soi 6.  Lisa bar(gone) smoke and Mirrors(gone) saigon girl bar(gone) and there are others.  Thia rose on tge corner  opposite  the corner  bar is infested with termites, so Papa is wrong

30 minutes ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Rumor has it that walking street bars al9ng the beach wont get their license  renewed, and not for lack of owners trying, and because  there will be a new mall built tgere?  Is it a rumor?  December  will tell the tale.  If they dont get a license  this month then the rumor just might be true, but for the bars al9ng the beach.

I read this comment..

The Department of Provincial Administration, which issues operating licences, said none have been issued in this area for 2022. Pattaya Mail.

Not very specific as to whether they were not being issued, or not being applied for. 

9 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Well if thats true after a crowd like the one on Beach Road last nihht tgen we should see some of that ripping through  the population  very soon. 

Yes, but not the Pattaya population.  Most of the crowd came from elsewhere, most likely Bangkok, so they will return there, and may end up admitted to hospital in Bangkok, not Pattaya.  No doubt, one of the reasons they are happy to hold such events here.  Happy to make the money from hosting an event, without the expense of future hospital care.  

Completely different opening the bars, nightclubs etc.  That brings staff to Pattaya, mainly from Issan, where many are still unvaccinated.  Cooks, cleaners, waitresses, bar girls, reception, retail etc, many moving back here to work, and should they get sick and need hospital admission, that may overload Pattaya's hospitals.

If covid doesnt rise from this event then it should be safe to open many other things. 

Statistically, it will rise, but those cases will not be on Pattaya's / Chonburi's books.  

What will be interesting is, the Pattaya Mayor may claim, "see, big event, many people, not much extra covid in Pattaya" whilst the extra covid is among people that attended the event and have gone back home to be an extra case in their province.  He can host super spread events, without future medical costs to Pattaya.  

• Like 1

Papa is wrong.  Has he not heard the "rumors" many bars like the ones owned on soi 6 by tge monopoly  that raised the price of lady drinks to 190 thb just before  the last live streaming was shut down, and many others, not all, have been lost.  One group owned over 20 bars in Pattaya  and a. Lot on soi 6, but last count tgey only had 3 left on soi 6.  Lisa bar(gone) smoke and Mirrors(gone) saigon girl bar(gone) and there are others.  Thia rose on tge corner  opposite  the corner  bar is infested with termites, so Papa is wrong

Thai Friendly has become the new Soi 6, minus all the BS.  ????