Car Bought On Credit Seems So Expensive Now - Options?

UKJASE

If she got a loan from the "pink" bank I would think that is the Government Saving Bank?

Loans from this bank shouldn't have that high of an interest rate, but....

See if you can find out if they used a land Chanote as collateral for the car loan, very common with this bank.

If payment is stopped they will keep the land Chanote

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, UKJASE said:

What do you guys think we should do?  I am paying the 7k a month at minute, but dont really want to be paying it for more than 5 years, but i also dont want her to be black listed

Why are you paying for her car payments? It just boggles my mind. A person, unable to find a bride in his home country,  travels 10,000 miles to the land of prostitute brides for car payment. What kind of sorcery is this?

Edited by CartagenaWarlock
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, sniggie said:

the car on a long credit was actually a good benefit. Our main car is in my name, I made sure of that.  I have heard stories of farangs having the 'Where's the car, darling' moments. With her car on credit no family members can plead for money

Hehe, my thoughts exactly. The long credit is pricey but nice security. Wife and I have had our new car a year now, also 7k baht a month. It's worth it to me as it's my commuter car, used daily, and necessary for getting around out here in the sticks.

Fam had a pickup awhile back which was repoed, and thus they have no other car. They need us for errands and picking up big or far away things, that their salengs can't do.

1) No "where's the car?" moments (sold/gifted), 2) No large money requests (See that car out there? Still making those payments.) ????

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BritManToo said:

My woman had a car loan for 500k, the car disappeared, she didn't repay the loan.

She just transferred everything she owned to her mom and sat it out.

One letter a year asking for the money to her registered address.

When the time ran out she immediately got a home loan for 1.5Mbht from the bank.

No consequences, and she got 500Kbht free.

Surely it can't be that easy or everyone would be doing it.  Even the ones who couldn't put two and two together.

That means you could buy a super car on finance, sell it straight away  keep the $$ and live happily ever after?

1 hour ago, hellohello123 said:

Surely it can't be that easy or everyone would be doing it.  Even the ones who couldn't put two and two together.

That means you could buy a super car on finance, sell it straight away  keep the $$ and live happily ever after?

If it's on finance the lender will keep the blue book, so hard to sell. I guess the same applies to the OP, if they walk away from the loan they have no blue book.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 8:17 AM, BritManToo said:

1. How did she pay the 7k/month before you turned up?

2. And will she still want you if you aren't paying the 7k/month?

Are the two questions I'd be asking myself.

My personal opinion is 7k/month is a great price for a woman you like.

Before it was Willy. He left.

• Haha 1

Hi Guys - OP here

we are back from our jollies in issan, and i even got a ride in the truck ????

it turns out the loan is not from the pink bank, but from a finance company that the car showroom organised, who then came to the house and did the paperwork.  hence the high interest rates i guess.  the mrs says this is how lots of vehicles are purchased up there, by people who dont have much cash at the time.

appreciate all the comments.  i think calling the loan company and trying to rearrange lower payments / one off payment is our only hope of paying less on this loan.  either that, or keep the loan going and at least the mrs has to think twice if she has a bad mood that convinces here she should leave me. 

appreciate the good / bad advice guys ????

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/24/2021 at 4:34 PM, CartagenaWarlock said:

Why are you paying for her car payments? It just boggles my mind. A person, unable to find a bride in his home country,  travels 10,000 miles to the land of prostitute brides for car payment. What kind of sorcery is this?

Nonsense! Why make such a critical statement regarding the mans ability or want to find a wife in his home country. I never realized that it was so out of the ordinary for a husband to pay the wife's car payment no matter the country of residence. 

The car isn't for her use, it's the family car, she owns the debt. Do I agree with servicing debt for her family car? No. However, this keeps her in good standing with her family and neighbors and perhaps makes her happy. Small price to pay and hopefully the OP gets it worked out.

Only a morally bankrupt individual, you, would imply the mans wife is a prostitute when the subject matter is regarding a loan payment.

• Like 2