Most new infections from entertainment venues: Phuket health official

webfact

2 hours ago, Rhacsyn said:

Proactive testing has been ongoing for some time. Starting tomorrow, the outlets closed recently for 3 days will open again, and all staff in all outlets in and around Bangla will be tested. If negative, they are issued with a certificate which they must carry with them at work. Any outlets not complying will be closed. Same again next Friday.....

Of course this testing and finding positive cases is all well and good, however, for venues to open in most places they have to get SHA+ certification, to get that all staff need to be fully vaccinated. So, what happens when they repeat this testing spree and still find positive carriers? If they want to give out testing figures let's see the breakdown of vaccinated/partially vaccinated/unvaccinated. But, as with every other country, they don't want to do that because it brings into doubt the efficacy of the vaccines (not that telling people to get boosters hasn't done that already!).

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, holymoly said:

People - Every night in my little neighbourhood, people are gathering on a side street

with beer and no mask, sitting close together and being very happy...

Of course they will pass on their germs !   Is that so difficult to understand ?

Beer and friends makes happy, close together, passing on all sorts of germs including

covid 19.   

Keep the booze places locked ....................the neighbourhood get togethers are enough

Yes keep it all closed or the covid boogie man will get you. Make sure you sleep with the lights in or it will come out from under your bed also and get you.  Just imagine how terrifying it is to see people living their lives and having fun, without being afraid of germs. I wonder if they know that at some point in their lives they will die.  

I contend that IF the “authorities” tested randomly for the normal flu virus every fall and winter that they would find hundreds, thousands, if not millions of cases.

And what happens to these folks that tested positive? Are they whisked away to the the funny farm hospital with no symptoms?

All of this is out of hand.

I know a few people and two family members that had covid and are now walking around just fine after a flu like 5 day bed stay. 
Let the VACCINATED live normal again. Otherwise we will be doomed for years to comes with these nonsense restrictions.

12 hours ago, dyertribe said:

That would be because they are testing there and not necessarily that they caught it there.  I suspect if you did the same level of testing at shopping centres the numbers would be just as high.

I think if Thailands testing strategy was more robust, the actual number of infected would be far higher.

They are fully aware. The point was to blame it on the entertainment industry so it can remain shut.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rhacsyn said:

Proactive testing has been ongoing for some time. Starting tomorrow, the outlets closed recently for 3 days will open again, and all staff in all outlets in and around Bangla will be tested. If negative, they are issued with a certificate which they must carry with them at work. Any outlets not complying will be closed. Same again next Friday.....

how long is the 'tested negative certificate' good for? someone could test negative in the morning and be inflected by the afternoon. are people testing every day and obtaining a 'tested negative certificate' for that day? otherwise it's pretty much a waste of time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevin612 said:

In this case, entertainment continues to close until further notice, probably another 3 years 

it seems sensible, as in other countries, for such venues to remain closed until you have arounfd70% + of the over 18s double vaccinated. the issue here is the low rollout of vaccinations, never mind the boosters!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, natway09 said:

When the bars & nightclubs do actually open there will be a spike in cases. No doubt.

Just got to look at UK, Austria, France & Germany to name a few.

Hopefully 90% of folks in these places will have been "double shot" & will feel sick for 4 or 5 days &

then be fine,

The people that have refused to get jabbed could get very sick & some will die but in 99.5% of cases 

it is their own fault & I do not have much sympathy

And a mere 99+% of those unvaccinated people will feel a little sick and move on. Those who are enjoying entertainment venues, in general, are not even remotely close to the high risk group. Doubtful they will regret your lack of sympathy.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, dyertribe said:

That would be because they are testing there and not necessarily that they caught it there.  I suspect if you did the same level of testing at shopping centres the numbers would be just as high.

I think if Thailands testing strategy was more robust, the actual number of infected would be far higher.

Precisely what I thought , seek and you will find !

12 hours ago, Tonypandy said:

Correct, they must keep up the scare tactics 

Why? another conspiracy theory perhaps, or to convince people to get vaccinated? Who benefits from closed bars and other venues if not for safety? not the wealthy, not the state and certainly not the general public. Get a grip.

Edited by soalbundy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, timendres said:

And a mere 99+% of those unvaccinated people will feel a little sick and move on. Those who are enjoying entertainment venues, in general, are not even remotely close to the high risk group. Doubtful they will regret your lack of sympathy.

It is pretty much just the unvaccinated getting very sick now , they are all in the high risk group .

The sooner the vast majority of Thais get double jabbed , the sooner life will return to a large degree of normality.

• Confused 2

Easy.  Close all the entertainment.  Heck, go one step further.  Make Thailand a "dry country" and make "the devils brew" of alcohol illegal. 
Then encourage tea drinking and visiting temples to all the rich, well-heeled foreigners who visit Thailand.  Arrest and deport all who don't strictly comply and actually attempt to have fun.

There ya go:  New Normal Thailand Tourism.  Trillions of Thai Baht will come rolling in soon!

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

Some people of course actually believe the BBC or CNN or MSNBC just to pick out a few,

Are you really trying to say you believe everyone thinks quoted information in a report actually come from the media carrying the report? 

What I posted came from Dr Tom Peacock, a virologist at Imperial College London, not The Independent.

Well Thailand is being cautious and too much so in some areas.  Europe though is facing new

spikes in the COVID cases, as they not only opened too fully, but become too careless

because of letting the unvaccinated mix in with the vaccinated, and spreading the COVID variants 

all around. Now Europe is having to do restrictions and lock downs again. Russia is still trying to get

their population to quit being red necks and get vaccinated, and so is the USA and other places, but

unless they all do like Austria, the unvaccinated will still keep spreading this virus, and it will not get

under control until much further in the future. Too many people are thinking that the pandemic is

mostly over and are fooling themselves into complacency and being careless again. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Rhacsyn said:

Last Friday, 26th, latest mass testing took place for Patong entertainment staff, focusing on soi Bangla. Just over 800 staff tested for Covid -19. There were 21 posiitive cases <3% positivity.

The <3% can multiply exponentially very quickly.

• Like 1