Lazada Thailand

jayboy

Rather unusually I paid for an item on Lazada via my bank account rather than cash on delivery.Anyway seller cancelled the item because couldn't supply.Lazada advise refund paid into my Lazada Wallet.But foreigners - as far as I know - still can't hold Lazada Wallets.So how do I get the refund paid into my bank account? I suspect many will have had this experience.

• Like 1

Yes it's very annoying.

I did a chat with Lazada and asked if they could give me a credit voucher for the refund. I think they might have asked for my passport pic to verify that though. Not sure if they would do that every time. So they did give me the voucher credit. But be careful, it's one time use only. So if you're buying a 1000 baht item and your voucher is 2000 if you use the voucher, you just spent 2000. 

• Like 1

I had exactly the same, but when I tried to set up the wallet in my wife's name I completed all the fields... about a hundred times, and STILL couldn't get it finalised. Very frustrating, but luckily less than 200B.

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Lazada will pay it to your bank account, message them on help

I can't be bothered with the hoops we have to jump through. Anyone know what number 3 is

1. Click on the link below to access the withdrawal form
2. Log in to your Lazada account.
3. Fill out the reasons for Ford 's correct
4. Enter required information to the desired channel and include full name - last name, the name of the account holder. Bank and bank account number
5.Attach a copy of your ID card or passport
6.Click “Submit” and wait for the withdrawal process to be updated via email.
*To enter the form click here

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Haha 1

I'm one each farang....activated my Lazada wallet about a month ago after using Lazada for years but always paying COD.  Anyway, activating the Lazada wallet was quick and easy...upload a copy of your main passport page and do a selfie.  If lucky, the activation will be immediate if their system matches the selfie to your passport picture.  I wasn't lucky....the match was not automatic as my passport picture is around 9 years old, but within a few hours the wallet was activated...I guess human eyes did the picture match since their system couldn't. 

I had a refund go to the wallet...refund for a defective item received.  Was able to withdraw the funds to my Bangkok Bank acct....funds arrive quickly   Now if you top-up say 1000 baht to your wallet but then decide later you want to withdraw it, well, you can't....or at least I can't as that function is deactivated....probably due to anti-money laundering reasons.   You can only buy things with that money.  But if say you get a refund for an item you ordered then that refund can be withdrawn to your bank acct as Lazada actually has different pots for your Lazada wallet.  A refund goes into a pot in your wallet that can be withdrawn.

After a few orders and getting use to the wallet, I no longer keep any balance in the wallet but I still use the wallet to pay for items.  When I buy an item I pay for it using my wallet but Lazada allows you to top-up the wallet to the exact amount to pay for the item during checkout.  I top-up using my bank's mobile app to transfer/pay a bill...the Lazada checkout procedure walks you thru the process...it's easy and fast  So, if I buy something for say Bt150, during the checkout process I top-up my wallet to Bt150 which pays for the item and then leaves my wallet balance at zero.   This whole process of topping-up to an exact amount to pay for an item and then actual payment is a two step process but the way Lazada does it it feels one step   Works great....easy.

P.S.  I prefer to pay via transfer/bill payment method because it's fast/easy, I'm pushing money to Lazada which they receive instantly, don't have to give them a debit/credit card number or bank acct number for them to pull the money from your account...and you don't have to worry about some hacker into the Lazada system getting ahold of your debit/credit/bank acct info.

The Lazada page instructs how to pay via Mobile banking app....that is, top-up your wallet by pushing money to your wallet and pay for the order at the same time....as soon as the payment/transfer arrives you wallet it funds/pays for the order....really slick.   And during checkout on the order they will display a page on how to do the top-up...it's easy...do it once and you'l will have it down pat for the future.

https://www.lazada.co.th/helpcenter/how-to-make-payments-via-atm-and-mobile-banking-6085.html?spm=a2o4m.helpcenter-search.article.1.185f2a469nVAS4

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

1. Click on the link below to access the withdrawal form
2. Log in to your Lazada account.
3. Fill out the reasons for Ford 's correct
4. Enter required information to the desired channel and include full name - last name, the name of the account holder. Bank and bank account number
5.Attach a copy of your ID card or passport
6.Click “Submit” and wait for the withdrawal process to be updated via email.
*To enter the form click here

Expand  

6 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I found the refund process quite easy, and goes to my bank.  Don't understand why all the problems.

So can you please tell me what number 3 means in Lazada's refund instructions.

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

So can you please tell me what number 3 means in Lazada's refund instructions.

That’s opening a wallet. 

If you link and pay a card, in my case a K-cyber virtual shopping card from kasikorn bank then the refund is instantaneous.

If you want someone to walk you through the process of setting up a wallet then call the Lazada helpline, and get one of the English speaking staff to talk you through.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hope it's OK to ask in this thread.

So I'm looking for Bluetooth speaker. I use Lazada and am aware of the cheap copy phones etc they sell.

You can look in the product details and they say "no brand" etc.

They won't state "sumsung" (for example).

So they have some JBL speakers and they seem way too cheap.

Yet in product description they list brand as "JBL".

Any advice.

Ta.

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Hope it's OK to ask in this thread.

So I'm looking for Bluetooth speaker. I use Lazada and am aware of the cheap copy phones etc they sell.

You can look in the product details and they say "no brand" etc.

They won't state "sumsung" (for example).

So they have some JBL speakers and they seem way too cheap.

Yet in product description they list brand as "JBL".

Any advice.

Ta.

share a link so we could check it.

• 2 months later...

I always pay with credit card. If for some reason, I need a refund, the money is paid back to my credit card account. Easy.

Edited by Dario
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, blackshadow said:

MANY moons ago lazada stated that WALLET would be available for farangs !!!!

TIT ... actually worldwide

only constant is inconsistency.  learn to adapt to it, or you'll be miserable.

Does Lazada still accept payments via international credit cards? I've used my U.S. card for payments for many years now, but when I tried to place an order today, the CC option was grayed out.

1 hour ago, fusion58 said:

Does Lazada still accept payments via international credit cards? I've used my U.S. card for payments for many years now, but when I tried to place an order today, the CC option was grayed out.

worked ok a few days ago using my UK card