BREAKING: CCSA confirms easing of entry restrictions to Thailand from Dec 16

webfact

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That's a good thing to hope for (less dangerous) but at this point there is no evidence whatsoever that that is true. So yes, wait and see.

Yet, there isn't any evidence any which way - 

This new mutation might just peter out.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Fingers crossed.....

Expect things turned back for many countries if not all very soon , i mean in the next 3/4 days .Israel closed its borders already. It is waiting and hoping that it is less virulent  ( dangerous) and more spreading . That way is the way out , and the way it looks will be by far the fastest way out . Let's just all cross our fingers ....

Just now, sezze said:

Expect things turned back for many countries if not all very soon , i mean in the next 3/4 days .Israel closed its borders already. It is waiting and hoping that it is less virulent  ( dangerous) and more spreading . That way is the way out , and the way it looks will be by far the fastest way out . Let's just all cross our fingers ....

It would  be prudent to lock up a few places until we know more about this new mutation..... I know people on the way to Thailand (from UK) and at first I though the recent storm was their problem, now this , which might impact their return. Bloody nightmare....

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Yet, there isn't any evidence any which way - 

This new mutation might just peter out.

There is no evidence of anything.

This could be so blown out of proportion it is stunning.

Or not.  

In a few weeks we will know.  

Until then let's watch cat videos!

• Haha 1

Just now, Blumpie said:

Or not.  

Of course. Blown outta proportion, as this whole thing has been. 

• Like 1

TAT has posted an update of the rules from 16 Dec

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/11/thailand-eases-entry-rules-from-16-december-2021/

"The current 1-night waiting period in a hotel and a confirmed payment (for 1-night stay at SHA++ hotel, 1 RT-PCR test, and pre-arranged airport transfer) will no longer be required.

On arrival testing will be changed to an ATK method."

Still not clear as to how the ATK will work

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Or not.  

True , but if this is the same danger and problems like the ones before , meaning same hospital admissions ( people still don't get it that the death rate isn't the thing , it is the hospitals full with really very sick people ) , then the <deleted> just hit the fan very hard . That is at least the 1st estimate , since most things point at , much more transmission ( +500% of Delta , making it 1 of the highest transmission virus recorded to date ...) , and due to many changes in the spike proteines , it will escape the present vaccines ( aka making them pretty much useless ) . We all need to hope for the best , in case we want to keep going in the right direction and not to square 1 of covid .

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

You do not know this and hence are fear mongering.... 

you watch   i will be back to say i told u so .... too many idiots that are unvacinated to many idiot tourists that bar hop and ignore ALL rules   ...   

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ifmu said:

you watch   i will be back to say i told u so .... too many idiots that are unvacinated to many idiot tourists that bar hop and ignore ALL rules   ...   

I am concerned too... but until I see more information on whether it leads to more severe disease than say Delta, I think panic is negative, proactive action, yes. 

A little less worrying article here.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-59442141

Although outdated already as Omicron has been detected in the UK already. 

Edited by jacko45k

12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Where's your link to show this is so. Don't spread misinformation.

My information is correct

What’s your own take on Hotels being used in relation to ATK, or do you only feel happy when you have something to complain about

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blumpie said:

You may want to reconsider this with the new variant going around. ????  I reckon that rules will be changing dramatically quickly.  

No I’m sticking to booking nearest hotel to BKK

Get the ATK over and done with ASAP.

Then free

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bolt said:

What’s your own take on Hotels being used in relation to ATK, or do you only feel happy when you have something to complain about

A personal attack, really. All I asked you for was a link to prove it is not misinformation your posting in light if what the CCSA said on Friday.  

9 minutes ago, bolt said:

From December 16, 2021, people arriving in Thailand as part of the Test & Go and Sandbox schemes will only be required to take an ATK test on arrival and will no longer be required to take a RT-PCR test. 

Furthermore, people arriving as part of the Test & Go scheme will only need to book transportation to their hotel of choice and take an ATK test. 

They will no longer be required to book a hotel room for one night.

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

From December 16, 2021, people arriving in Thailand as part of the Test & Go and Sandbox schemes will only be required to take an ATK test on arrival and will no longer be required to take a RT-PCR test. 

Furthermore, people arriving as part of the Test & Go scheme will only need to book transportation to their hotel of choice and take an ATK test. 

They will no longer be required to book a hotel room for one night.

you never commented on what I wrote, you only asked for a Link

I repeat what i said before 

The ATK testing will be done at hotels (SHA+-AQ) who have agreements contracts with hospitals in case of positive test.

so that’s why any arrival needs to book at an approved Hotel instead of any hotel-house-home-condo

The Hospital Staff will be doing the testing, and they’ll be using the hotel as a base,

you won’t be self-testing yourself.

if results are negative 10-20 minutes you go leave

Just now, bolt said:

What’s your own take on Hotels being used in relation to ATK

are you able to think 

or copy paste 

Hotels not needed. It's a transliteration issue. If you can read Thai it says an ATK test is all that's needed. My take is that will be done at the airport. Why would they make someone who lives in the country book a hotel.  Read my post, a hotel is not needing to be booked. I will agree to disagree with you. Enjoy your view as it's not mine.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Hotels not needed. It's a transliteration issue. If you can read Thai it says an ATK test is all that's needed. My take is that will be done at the airport. Why would they make someone who lives in the country book a hotel.  Read my post, a hotel is not needing to be booked. I will agree to disagree with you. Enjoy your view as it's not mine.

SHA+ & AQ already are set up for testing they have separate area for currently testing using PCR, they also have agreement contracts with Hospitals, they are perfectly set up for transit testing.

Take a deep breath and think about this

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bolt said:

SHA+ & AQ already are set up for testing they have separate area for currently testing using PCR, they also have agreement contracts with Hospitals, they are perfectly set up for transit testing.

Take a deep breath and think about this

No need to think about it. Read the Thai version of the CCSA meeting minutes.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

TAT has posted an update of the rules from 16 Dec

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/11/thailand-eases-entry-rules-from-16-december-2021/

"The current 1-night waiting period in a hotel and a confirmed payment (for 1-night stay at SHA++ hotel, 1 RT-PCR test, and pre-arranged airport transfer) will no longer be required.

On arrival testing will be changed to an ATK method."

Still not clear as to how the ATK will work

Provided all this goes ahead from the way that's worded to me it does seem to suggest that ATK will be done in the airport on arrival. I believe it's what's Cambodia is doing also.. 

• Like 1

For the countries that are not on the list, nothing really has changed about the tests.  An expensive PCR test after arrival is still needed.  Of the changes, only 5 nights instead of 7 nights at the SHA + hotel, but this does not change anything ????

33 minutes ago, Farangus said:

For the countries that are not on the list, nothing really has changed about the tests.  An expensive PCR test after arrival is still needed.  Of the changes, only 5 nights instead of 7 nights at the SHA + hotel, but this does not change anything ????

image.png.38cab9b4d98b969ebc5fb00aa6e44e9b.pngWhat about point 2 - travellers from other countries? Does that mean ALL other countries?

• Like 1