BREAKING: CCSA confirms easing of entry restrictions to Thailand from Dec 16

webfact

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

If you can tell me why the 99.92% of arrivals testing negative on arrival are not more at risk of the Thai public that have not been tested twice and vaccined than the other way round I'm all ears !

Until now. This will change with 50% useless ATK tests.

Did you hear about the new variant from SA detected in Belgium today afternoon?

I think i can imagine what comes up here in Thailand.

Tourists will come and leave, Thais and Expats have to live here 

Edited by Mentors65
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Why would a hotel be interested in the hassle of doing an ATK test only with no nights booking? And I have a condo, don't need a hotel and my taxi would be straight to Pattaya 

Why not set up ATK at the basically empty airport?

Can see the Swampy Novatel across the road becoming a very busy ATK test facility lol

I think the article was worded incorrectly. It means that tourists can just go to any hotels that they have booked (not for the ATK test) to sleep.

The ATK test should be done at the airport.

A lot of miscommunication when they don't translate it correctly.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

It will go on and on. It is best to buy supplies for 6 months and cover all window and door gaps with tape. Then wait 6 months in the sealed house and hope that there will be no new variant. Would be a viable solution for some. Others have to go out to earn the daily food for the family. That is the dilemma. Maybe the airports can be closed. But not the land borders when you think about the small border traffic with all neighboring countries. All the lockdown activities have so far failed. Maybe a little delay in the next wave. But we can't get rid of the virus, just like the runny nose.

Yes, i know what you mean.

Edited by Mentors65
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, mancub said:

If this is an attempt at streamlining the "PASS", it's possibly going to cause short-term mayhem, as it's only 5 days notice ! 

Already announced in the headline which starts this thread, the new Antigen test system applies from 16 December.

• Like 1

Just when things are beginning to improve, now we have a new variant the South African mutated virus which is predicted to be more infectious.

Will this affect Thailand's opening?

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

It will go on and on. It is best to buy supplies for 6 months and cover all window and door gaps with tape. Then wait 6 months in the sealed house and hope that there will be no new variant. 

this is clearly a delusional plan, maybe if you live in a village with 10 people that could work

3 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

this is clearly a delusional plan, maybe if you live in a village with 10 people that could work

You cut my post.

But this is some people think they can survive this virus. It's similar to how some people build a nuclear-safe bunker in their garden.

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

Just when things are beginning to improve, now we have a new variant the South African mutated virus which is predicted to be more infectious.

Will this affect Thailand's opening?

Why should it ? You need to sow vaccines to get your pass, you need a pcr test before flight and you are tested again on arrival. Many of us already have 3 jabs, 99.92% of arrivals do not carry the virus (8 in 10,000 or so). The incoming are checked more than the Thai population and isolated on finding infection on arrival. Any SA variant would be caught very quickly.

The worry would be the illegal migrant workers bringing in the SA variant - not the tourists. So, if Thailand;s tourism and opening is affected it wont be from tourists -at that point thailand would need to make a decision on either migrant workers or tourists

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, gearbox said:

I guess the difference is SHA+ hotels are no longer required, but why booking of transportation? Test the tourists at the airport and let them go if negative. Some may want to use public transport.

They are bad losers, and are compulsive scammers. They want our money, more than they are worth, at every turn.

My relationship with Thailand has been completely undermined by the behaviour of Prayut's regime, the most disrespectful in living memory.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

The GM lady i was chatting with for over a week told me 300bt to airport--and as soon as I tested negative and was ready to get back to airport her staff told me 350bt..

An extra link in the chain needed to be paid....... 

• Thanks 1

Yes people can test positive after the first test…but so far it has been 0.08……no need for the 2nd test…

let the people go from the airport - to a hotel, to home, to another city and most importantly in transit domestically….

Thai gov just can’t let go of their death grip 

17 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Even bigger joke is that if I nominate Novatel at the airport, I won't get a Thailand Pass unless I show proof of a 600 metre taxi fare and a pre-paid ATK. What would that be, 1000 baht? What's the point....

How would one book a taxi in advance from outside of Thailand? It's not like taxis provide an invoice or copy of a reservation if booked ahead of arrival. Wouldn't an airport pick-up by the Novotel be okay?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

From December 16, 2021, people arriving in Thailand as part of the Test & Go and Sandbox schemes will only be required to take an ATK test on arrival and will no longer be required to take a RT-PCR test. 

And a dodgy ATK test could land you in a world of pain.

Double vaccination proof at point of departure with a PCR test result withing 72 hours.

Delete the rest of the rubbish.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Why would a hotel be interested in the hassle of doing an ATK test only with no nights booking? And I have a condo, don't need a hotel and my taxi would be straight to Pattaya 

Why not set up ATK at the basically empty airport?

Can see the Swampy Novatel across the road becoming a very busy ATK test facility lol

Try this: A real tourist might book a hotel room as he does't have a condo ? So he can book a transport to any hotel instead of going to an quarantine hotel for a night.

17 hours ago, The Cipher said:

I booked and paid for the original Test & Go package already. I can still stay the night if I want to, right?

Visa in process. I just got my Test and Go package confirmation letter.

End of DEC. 100 percent refundable near airport,

I don't want to spend a night in BKK complete waste of time for me will be following closely.

• Like 1