BREAKING: CCSA confirms easing of entry restrictions to Thailand from Dec 16

webfact

17 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Why would a hotel be interested in the hassle of doing an ATK test only with no nights booking? And I have a condo, don't need a hotel and my taxi would be straight to Pattaya 

Why not set up ATK at the basically empty airport?

Can see the Swampy Novatel across the road becoming a very busy ATK test facility lol

SOUTH AFRICAN VARIANT … I can see caught with underwear down .. Big Time

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mvdf said:

Oh my word, unbelievable people. Substantial efforts are made to reduce the requirements and here they are again, commenting about how it is a hassle, an inconvenience, a royal pain, an invasion of their sacred orifices, an aggravation of the highest order la la la. Never ever satisfied. The planet's worst Karens and Kevins.

What is it exactly that you all want? Just shamelessly say it outright: "JUST LET US IN. NO MORE HEALTH CHECKS. WE ARE A SPECIAL SPECIES! NONE OF US CARE IF WE INFECT THAIS!" 

Include more capitals- it may make up for the incoherence and lack of understanding in that post.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Why would a hotel be interested in the hassle of doing an ATK test only with no nights booking? And I have a condo, don't need a hotel and my taxi would be straight to Pattaya 

Why not set up ATK at the basically empty airport?

Can see the Swampy Novatel across the road becoming a very busy ATK test facility lol

The way I read it you take antigen test at the airport, wait 20 minutes for the result and travel to your accommodation of choice (hotel, own condo etc). A big step forward:)

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Cautionary warning with new variants discovered in Africa and WHO warning of another inevitable wave in Europe. Better be safe than sorry. 

This is a breaking news story and many readers may not be aware of the seriousness of this new South African variant that is already beginning to isolate parts of Africa and also denying their flights to a progressive list of countries  . Gonna take up to 3 weeks to find out if the current vaccines will give some sort of immunity , however vaccine manufacturers are saying they may well have to tweak their formulas to meet the new mutation .  In the meantime if you have a booster jab pending you are being urged to take it asap as it will treble your protection  according to Americas chief medical officer  Doctor Anthony Fauci .  It seems this pandemic may have a few chapters left to run and any foreign travel , purely for tourism , is a real gamble and not worth the covid or financial risks .

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, webfact said:

They will no longer be required to book a hotel room for one night.

People arriving under the Sandbox scheme will now only book a hotel room for five days.

That´s what they usually call conflicting information. Hey Dude! Now you do not have to book 1 night anymore, we have raised it to 5 for your benefit! Hallelujah!

• Like 1

About changing to ATK test instead of PCR on arrival

This is why as said earlier other countries just go with pre flight testing period

They know that is as good as it gets & secondly the hassle of re-testing on arrival not to mention the insanity of sending anyone even in close proximity to a positive test into a 10 night quarantine at their expense in some AQH Not to mention many insurance policies may not pay for that or even the asymptomatic cases being sent for 14 nights to a hospital in Thailand....Just typing that seems insane to read back

Pus....All of this before they send the tourists out into close proximity of a likely much higher level of Covid  contaminants than they likely came from

Secondly about the "New Strain" It is another dog chasing its tail. There will NEVER NOT BE A NEW VARIANT period

They will NEVER have a vaccine against this anymore than they will have a vaccine against the common cold/HIV etc etc etc

Let the living get on with living. It is as it always was a 97% survivable virus for most. Let those that fear it or are more susceptible due to age infirmity etc do what THEY need to do for added protection. Let the rest of us get on with our lives.

• Like 1

It's all <deleted>! Can't they make anything easy/normal,,,,,,I'm still not coming,,,,,,Let me know when these FOOLS come up with a plan that most contries have that are simple, I've been to 6 counties in the last 2 yrs all easy........................STUPID THAILAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, 0815 said:

Try this: A real tourist might book a hotel room as he does't have a condo ? So he can book a transport to any hotel instead of going to an quarantine hotel for a night.

No, I'm sure they mean an SHA++ hotel which is linked to a hospital in case of positive test?

20 hours ago, webfact said:

They will no longer be required to book a hotel room for one night.

People arriving under the Sandbox scheme will now only book a hotel room for five days.

Is this another example of the strange mathematic rules of Thailand?

• Like 1

We are at the Airport Novotel now, arrived last night at midnight, 1 person in line in front of us at check in, PCR test took a few minutes, no line.  Arrival about an hour earlier with paper work (QR code, PCR test results) was very smooth, lots of staff to process us.   They ask for boarding pass, QR code, and test results.  Do not fold your QR code, they cannot scan it… you can also show them a copy of your code on a phone.  

They would need to scale once numbers of travelers increase.. but for now, I would say come… waiting for our results now, was told 6 to 10 hours, we are at 9 hours now and no results yet… they said as soon as results come, we can go if negative.  Its basically test and go… just waiting in a hotel room.  I would not want to be waiting at the airport with the kids, etc.  

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, henry213 said:

It's all <deleted>! Can't they make anything easy/normal,,,,,,I'm still not coming,,,,,,Let me know when these FOOLS come up with a plan that most contries have that are simple, I've been to 6 counties in the last 2 yrs all easy........................STUPID THAILAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As previously shared, we just arrived and the whole process has been simple and easy… totally reasonable 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bangkok Basha said:

How would one book a taxi in advance from outside of Thailand? It's not like taxis provide an invoice or copy of a reservation if booked ahead of arrival. Wouldn't an airport pick-up by the Novotel be okay?

Current system is that you book an SHA++ certified hotel whereby hotel includes transport and PCR test.

How this works now where hotel arranges transport and ATK test but a room is not required, no idea

• Like 1

Just now, IamNoone88 said:

They should stop all Africa arrivals before the new variant get out of control.

It’s probably in the wild, globally speaking, agree that targeted restrictions from Africa could slow the eventually spread (if its got a competitive advantage) 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, James105 said:

$$$ from taxi

$$$ from test

Presumably the hotels still want a piece of the covid action in the absence of tourists.    

They've already paid a lot for that useless sticker declaring them COVID-19 safe.

18 hours ago, Puccini said:

The OP gives no link to the source, presumably a web page on the website of CCSA or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, on which this information is based. Therefore, I shall treat is an uncorroborated rumour for the time being.

I don't know how official https://tp.consular.go.th/ is but as at 09.00 hours UTC on 26 November 2021, it still has this requirement listed:

Source: https://tp.consular.go.th/en/plan

If the rumour is true, that web page will probably be updated on 1 December and until then, Thailand Pass applications will still require documents as per above to be uploaded.

Why do you say Dec 1?