PM's New Year gift to Thais wanting to travel abroad - a free electronic "Vax Passport"

webfact

21 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Were you required to show a confirmed air ticket?

Ah, OK.

Maybe the pm will get this enabled, without the need to apply for the yellow booklet, as our gift?

Yes they wanted to see a flypaper, but really didn't checked it. 

The Thai yellow international vaccination book for 50 Baht has helped me a lot on my travels. This also gave me my digital EU vaccination QR certificate.

I think whoever wants / has to fly next year will automatically receive the international digital vaccination certificate in the Mor Prom app until then.

8 hours ago, RubbaJohnny said:

Thanks yes this is my second millenium in the erstwhile land of smiles, Mobile data for many years, tried with AIS and True the Mor Prom downloaded when released the issue is the hospital has not uploaded the data of foreign names. Not an issue isolated but will need to enter Mall to enter bank for immigration driver's license nonsense. I'm almost at  the end of my tether with the xenophobic incompetence. Denied vax locally reason gleefully given openly rcist, not for foreigner! , Moderna paid but non appearing, dual pricing etc etc .Not a good time to return EU .I think once winter Covid spike relents a one way ticket.

Agree with you. To put it nicely, a lot here has no concept and many provisional isolated solutions.

The best thing to do is to try to get the yellow international vaccination book. I think the central health server is in Nontaburi. Your data will then be guaranteed to be entered in the system. Much luck.

• Like 1

It amazes me how many are eager to bad mouth any action the govt. makes.  Now we have those on this site saying that the free passport is only good for rich Thais who want to have leisure travel, forgetting that very many Thais travel overseas for employment in many other countries.

17 minutes ago, IraqRon said:

It amazes me how many are eager to bad mouth any action the govt. makes.  Now we have those on this site saying that the free passport is only good for rich Thais who want to have leisure travel, forgetting that very many Thais travel overseas for employment in many other countries.

Personal experience is always decisive for evaluating any situation.

As far as the IT sector is concerned, one can criticize the discrepancy between full mouth announcement and functional execution. Be it Thaipass, 90 days online reporting, TM 30 reporting app, Mor Chana app, eVisa system, etc. there are unfortunately many cases with errors, up to system "not working."

And when these systems, some of which are important, are inadequate, and people have to try for hours, then give up in frustration, they get angry. It's a normal reaction. 

• Like 1

FWIW, I think these are now available via the Mor Phrom App.

Update the app to the latest rev. 0.6.8 for Android

Have a scan/jpg of your passport in/on your phone

Open the app, press on International Certificate, then the Yellow Box "Request for a COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate.

Fill in the data, since they mention a "delivery" (of the digital certificate, via the app or email) window of + three days, I chose December 11 for the delivery date.

Seemed to work for me, obviously no certificate yet, but it does show as Booking Successful in the Tracking Status menu.

Edited by mtls2005

On 11/27/2021 at 8:46 PM, Thomastm said:

Great thanks for the clarification. That's great then. Now just hope it is accepted in other countries. 

Heading back to UK via Amsterdam next week.so just checked my MOPH app.. Name -Correct...Citizen ID Number-Correct...Nationality-Thai-cor....eh?..????‍♀️ List of Vaxs-Correct..Certificates and dates -Correct...so....looking good also got a Yellow book and photocopies just in case.