PM's New Year gift to Thais wanting to travel abroad - a free electronic "Vax Passport"

webfact

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Anyone can use their phones camera app and it will pop open the QR codes certificate on their phone when scanned and the pop up opened.

Hope, Immigration in Australia and Indonesia, where I'm planning to go next year, will follow your advice and do that.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Hope, Immigration in Australia and Indonesia, where I'm planning to go next year, will follow your advice and do that.

You can always tell them to scan that QR code. It will show your Thailand vaccination cert and any pcr or atk test done.

Just now, StayinThailand2much said:

Sounds good. But I hope, there will be some reports about using the certificate or app to enter other countries within the next couple months.

I did go obtain the yellow vaccine passport at the beginning of November, just on case.....

34 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

So if I travel abroad next year, I will show the certificate on the Mor Prom app to immigration there? 

why not it's got your name in English, passport number and the dates and type of vaccines. If not you can email them and they amend it in a few days, they did on mine in 3 days, name in Thai to English and added passport detail

Edited by clivebaxter

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I did go obtain the yellow vaccine passport at the beginning of November, just on case.....

Yeah, that's why I'm asking. Thinking of getting it too, if necessary. (Wasn't there supposed to be an IATA app for travel in the making?) I'm not going anywhere for the next six months, so I guess I'll have to buy the ticket first for the yellow booklet.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

If anyone has access to the Mor Prom App, like many foreigners due. The vaccine certificate is easily found on the App. It's the same as the vaccine passport which is not electronic but a yellow book you pay 50 baht for. The Digital health pass on the App also has a scannable QR code which shows the person scanning it your certificate....

You mean the app that needs a Thai ID number to use? Useless to foreign expats.. 

Or do they allow foreign passport ID's for us on Mor Prom now? 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Thomastm said:

You mean the app that needs a Thai ID number to use? Useless to foreign expats.. 

No it's not useless, you register with the 13 digit code from your vaccine cert. Try it, you might find you can and BTW it is in English as well.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Thomastm said:

As a foreigner, you can use the Mor Prom App since a long time if you have had your vaccinations in Thailand. The passport number is not entered, but a 13-digit ID number that is on the vaccination paper. e.g. 6 0000-12345-67-8

And it is usefull when u go in restaurants or fly.

Edited by tomacht8

1 minute ago, tomacht8 said:

As a foreigner, you can use the Mor Prom App since a long time if you have had your vaccinations in Thailand. The passport number is not entered, but a 13-digit ID number that is on the vaccination paper. e.g. 6 0000-12345-67-8

Great thanks for the clarification. That's great then. Now just hope it is accepted in other countries. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

I just get some message in Thai that I have to press ok and IT does nothing. Guess I'll have to chase up a yellow paper at the hospital. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Thomastm said:

Great thanks for the clarification. That's great then. Now just hope it is accepted in other countries. 

It all depends on the vaccine. But now many countries are also accepting the various vaccines that are injected here in Thailand. You then have to check exactly which vaccines are recognized in the country of arrival

12 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

No it's not useless, you register with the 13 digit code from your vaccine cert. Try it, you might find you can and BTW it is in English as well.

except it doesnt work for foreigners 2100+ in this proviince

9 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

And it is usefull when u go in restaurants or fly.

except it doesnt work for foreigners 2100+ in this proviince

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

If anyone has access to the Mor Prom App, like many foreigners due. The vaccine certificate is easily found on the App. It's the same as the vaccine passport which is not electronic but a yellow book you pay 50 baht for. The Digital health pass on the App also has a scannable QR code which shows the person scanning it your certificate....

Exactly and I would imagine most Immigration and health control personnel abroad will be looking at your vaccine certificate or an app with the QR code rather than the hand written yellow vaccine book........

2 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

That's great. No doubt it will be accepted for travel in Thailand, but how about airlines for international flights, and foreign shores? Will they accept the Mor Prom app to verify the vaccination status?

I'm sure you'll find the Mor Prom app more useful than the yellow book............

5 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

You have Thai Phone number?

Thanks yes this is my second millenium in the erstwhile land of smiles, Mobile data for many years, tried with AIS and True the Mor Prom downloaded when released the issue is the hospital has not uploaded the data of foreign names. Not an issue isolated but will need to enter Mall to enter bank for immigration driver's license nonsense. I'm almost at  the end of my tether with the xenophobic incompetence. Denied vax locally reason gleefully given openly rcist, not for foreigner! , Moderna paid but non appearing, dual pricing etc etc .Not a good time to return EU .I think once winter Covid spike relents a one way ticket.

23 hours ago, webfact said:

There was no mention in their article if such generosity was to be afforded to foreigners vaxxed in the kingdom, notes ASEAN NOW. 

Yeh I noted that, it will probably only be available though, only on an app that won't work.

13 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

It look like this.

Is that from the Mor Phrom app?

My International Certificate tab is simply a request (mail delivery/bank transfer or make appointment) ffor the yellow paper booklet.

Where does that QR code take you?

The same place as the QR code from the Digital Health Pass tab?

21 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Is that from the Mor Phrom app?

My International Certificate tab is simply a request (mail delivery/bank transfer or make appointment) ffor the yellow paper booklet.

Where does that QR code take you?

The same place as the QR code from the Digital Health Pass tab?

The International tab show International qr pass

The Digital Health Pass tab show national qr code.

I made my yellow vaccination Pass book in Nontaburi 4 month a go. I assume that is the reason why I have the International Digital pass in mor prom app already.

I made my yellow vaccination Pass book in Nontaburi 4 month a go.

Were you required to show a confirmed air ticket?

I assume that is the reason why I have the International Digital pass in mor prom app already.

Ah, OK.

Maybe the pm will get this enabled, without the need to apply for the yellow booklet, as our gift?