SURVEY: What effect will the Omicron variant have on Thailand?

Scott

SURVEY: What effect will the Omicron variant have on Thailand?  

225 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The recent detection of a new Covid variant, Omicron, has resulted in the banning of travel from several African nations to the UK, UK and Europe.   Cases have been found in the UK and Hong Kong and suspected cases are being investigated elsewhere.

What effect do you think this variant will have on Thailand?   Choose the best option. 

Feel free to leave a comment.

I am hoping business as usual (as it should be)

This merry go round will go round for decades & no country will survive hiding from the slightest breeze

This is Omicron ...There are not many letters left

The reason is because as we always knew this virus like the common cold or HIV mutates quickly

If we dont want to look like a dog chasing its tail it is best we come to grips with that

greekalphabet1.jpg

• Confused 1

At first a niggardly half hearted reaction, then when some hi-so's lives or lies or livelihoods threatened the headless chicken random approach.

Whatever else do not adopt best practice from others.

A herbal substance will be found to ward of Nu-Xi-Omicron and STDs .

Until in the post hiatus the devastated economy Barack Obama is chosen to lead the lost to the promised Foodland.

In between the usual suspects will be blames, black foreigners , white foreigners, Drs , nurses, the poor, the dark skinned and daily the Burmese , rinse and repeat.

Gawd bless Siam coz no one else will

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

If anything they will change the 1 day for double jabbed to 7days and an additional PCR test. I cannot see Thailand closing borders or going back to 14day quarantine for all arrivals.

The early signs are that this strain does not seem to be anymore potent than Delta, but may spread more easily. I hope we are heading out of flu territory and into the common cold.

Edited by bangkokbonecollector

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

Gates doesn't know anything.

I dare say he's smarter than any of us posting here! LOL.

Not to mention, he's been a financial supporter of these vaccines for a long time.  And is backing Covax big time.

Kudos to Gates.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tandor said:

The Greek Alphabet has 24 letters.

CoronaVirus2 is here to stay.

It will keep mutating.

Learn to live with it.

Isn't that true and lovely at the same time.

I believe the next variant will be named pi.  I am looking forward to that.  I love pie.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, James105 said:

I don't think any rational person would be particularly worried about the new scariant, especially since the SA scientists are saying that it is mild.    I think most rational people though will be rightly terrified about the over reaction from their governments that will use this as an excuse to further exert control over their people and continue to restrict their lives in some way, demanding that they get booster shots whilst at the exact same time telling people to be scared of this new mutation as the vaccines do not work against it.   

Scariant?  Seriously?  Governments aren't over reacting.  They're taking the advice from scientists and doctors.  Control over people?  Wow.

I've not read any credible news report that says vaccines don't work with this new mutation.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1