The Charm & Character of Days Gone By

old buses with wooden floors and monk as well as Royal photos along with amulets and plastic mali's swinging from the from mirror in front of a huge gear stick grating away over the luktung belting out from the speaker. Driver and conductors were sometimes man and wife so in the holidays their little kids would be on the bus asleep 

Edited by clivebaxter
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, SheikYabodyline said:

When was the last soi popup cinema? Haven't seen one of those in central Bangkok since the '80s. perhaps they still exist in the sticks?

Oh god yes they do

noisy irritating things

Cant't remember what year it was. But as usual, I was visiting in the spring and fall of this year. In the spring, short time was still 500/long time 1000. In the fall that same year, that would not suffice anymore. To renew a Bar-Lease on Walking Street would cost 3 times more. All this happened in an amazingly short period of time. At least in Pattaya.

Back then, I said to myself "The charm of Thailand has just been replaced by greed". I was right. Unfortunately.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2009 said:

The 100 baht massage.

Still available near Asoke apparently, and some places in Pattaya. 

Earlier in the year I was shot down and left for dead because I suggested differently. Not that I am one to bear a grudge. 

Edited by rott

33 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I agree with a lot of so much of what you write...  But for flipping ek's sake... loose the 40 yo model guy photo on your profile.... 

... we ( a lot of other forum members and I ) don’t like you because you are pretty, we like you because a lot of what you write is good shftituff  !!!

1189833047_Screenshot2021-11-29at01_47_40.png.44e5913dc70ec6ac7cdd80f39dabf168.png

Sorry.... ????

Funny. It was done out of humor. But, I like constructive criticism. So, thanks. 

On 11/28/2021 at 8:39 PM, 2009 said:

I'll go first: Washington Square.

The cook at Silver Dollar - we bought her a drink and into a game of darts - she never played before... her first dart missed the board, her second was a dead on Bulls eye... her third nearly hit the score keeper... 

"Why you laugh laugh me," she said.