Clean up your Dog's Mess

jimn

21 hours ago, billsmart said:

It is just poop. It's quickly biodegradable. Poop is not really a  problem for the environment, in fact may be a benefit to it. This can't be said of most of the trash that humans deposit on the beach, especially plastics. 

I'd prefer to step on a plastic bag than a pile of dog poop.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'd prefer to step on a plastic bag than a pile of dog poop.

That, IMO, is because you're only thinking of YOU, not the Earth's environment and all the other living organisms on the planet. I assume with that kind of attitude and being a "BritManToo," you must be a Brexiteer. If your tag had been "USManToo," I'd assume you were a Trump supporter.

If you want to learn more about why it is much better to step in dog poop than a plastic sack, read my book The Icarus Syndrome. Here's a link to its page on Facebook where you can get a free copy... https://web.facebook.com/booktheicarussyndrome

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, billsmart said:

It is just poop. It's quickly biodegradable. Poop is not really a  problem for the environment, in fact may be a benefit to it. This can't be said of most of the trash that humans deposit on the beach, especially plastics. 

Many problems for humans from dog faeces . 

Mostly children that are affected .

Can be fatal 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

No, it's dog owners only thinking of themselves and not thinking of others. They think having a dog is carte blanche to cover the world in ##it. They justify it with the perverted logic that the beach already has plastic, so the _#it is fine and dandy. They, like you, fail to comprehend their dog's £#it is a problem for others.

I didn't say that owner's of dog's shouldn't clean up after them. What I was trying to point out is that there things that dog poop isn't as harmful as plastic.  I know dog poop is a problem for others, but evidently plastic isn't. I can guarantee you there's a lot more plastic on beaches than dog poop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stocky said:

What on Earth has being environmentally conscious got to do with inconsiderate dog owners that let their pooch befoul the environment for others? I wish to see neither plastic bags nor dog faeces on the beach. People who leave either deserve nothing but my utter contempt. 

I can understand that to a point, but what would be best for the beaches and the environment is to see no humans on the beach.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, itsari said:

Many problems for humans from dog faeces . 

Mostly children that are affected .

Can be fatal 

Many problems for all other living beings (and humans too) from plastic.
Everything is affected.
Kills many types of sea life.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

Beaches are dangerous places. Broken glass, rubbish, buried electricity cables for food vendors, people that think dog krap is fine...

But to suggest beachgoers are the problem for being there, you're delusional. Beaches and the seas are a shared resource.

The air is a shared resource. Should I blame myself for breathing the filthy air? If you think I should keep my kids away from the beach to save the world, I guess you don't have any kids.

This response sounds a little better. Of course all the items you mentioned that are dangerous are due to humans. Dog poop is not dangerous, at least I don't think so. Others have posted it can kill children, but I've never heard of that before. Maybe it can. I don't know. But everything else you mentioned above can kill humans, other animals, and plants also.

My remark about your kids was not just about keeping them away from the beach. It was having them in the first place. Human overpopulation is one of the primary causes of our continuing destruction of the Earth's biosphere. 

And yes, I have kids and grandkids, but I did not think about overpopulation when I was younger. I only thought about me.

On the lighter side, I just ran across what was going to be a candidate for "Photo of the Year" but was quickly eliminated from the competition, probably by someone like you, and most of the commenters on this thread. ????

Dog Pooping.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, billsmart said:

This response sounds a little better

Oh I'm sorry, was I confronting you with fact? I'm not seeking your approval. I've encountered people like you before, you've given yourself the basic human privilege of family and kids but now you arrogantly seek to wag your finger at the next generation and deny that privilege to them. . .

Now I l know I'm selfish for wanting a child and letting them enjoy the beach I'll do my best to ignore you moving forward. You haven't convinced me dog s£!t on the beach is acceptable.

Edited by Led Lolly Yellow Lolly
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

Oh I'm sorry, was I confronting you with fact? I'm not seeking your approval. I've encountered people like you before, you've given yourself the basic human privilege of family and kids but now you arrogantly seek to wag your finger at the next generation and deny that privilege to them. . .

Now I l know I'm selfish for wanting a child and letting them enjoy the beach I'll do my best to ignore you moving forward. You haven't convinced me dog s£!t on the beach is acceptable.

I agree with everything you say thats why I started the topic. I am a responsible dog owner and always keep my dog on a lead everywhere and always clear up its mess. We carry bags to do so. I see many kids running along the beach at Jomtien and its not fair to expose them to it. Those posters trying to compare plastics, glass and litter on the beach are missing the point. These again are examples of bad behaviour by people by leaving their rubbish on the beach and elsewhere. I cannot believe the attitudes of some people. What gives you the right to leave dog shi* and other rubbish behind. All it does is show what type of person you are.

• Thanks 2

On 12/1/2021 at 1:49 PM, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

To me, dogs are like dangerous power tools. They should be kept away from children.

no it's parents who should be less idiots and more responsible !

how many kids I see hitting a dog or even trying to be nice without showing their hands first, to explain that they are not agressive. If they had less trashskum idiots parents, kids would be able to learn how to manage dogs.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, jimn said:

Why do you keep confusing the issue and keep referring to people dumping rubbish. Although that is a massive problem I am trying to highlight the disgusting people who do not pick up their dogs mess. Do they let their dog sh*t on their sofa? I assume not, so why allow it to do so on the beach

I'm not confused and I agree that people should clean up after their dog if it poops on a public beach or any public place. My point is that you seem to be trying to highlight some miniscule little problem that only OFFENDS you (and others), when there are many much more dangerous problems to highlight that regularly KILLS many living beings on this planet.

15 hours ago, billsmart said:

I'm not confused and I agree that people should clean up after their dog if it poops on a public beach or any public place. My point is that you seem to be trying to highlight some miniscule little problem that only OFFENDS you (and others), when there are many much more dangerous problems to highlight that regularly KILLS many living beings on this planet.

You are not very smart are you Bill. This topic is about Dog shi* its disgusting. The other issues you speak about yes are far more important but irrelevant to this topic.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jimn said:

You are not very smart are you Bill. This topic is about Dog shi* its disgusting. The other issues you speak about yes are far more important but irrelevant to this topic.

What's disgusting and not very jmn is whining about a little dog poop on a beach when our oceans are being filled up with human trash. IMO, you need to reprioritize your complaints. ☹

Edited by billsmart
  • Like 1

Added note to my post, allowing and not cleaning up after her at surfside ... NO, I would not let her do her business on a swimmer's beach, assuming crowded, or if so, bury deeper than simple foot scoop and knock in with quick 'shallow' grave cover.  That would be very rude.

Locally where I take her, people rarely swim in, or sit on, as just not that kind of beach, and more just for viewing from the seawall.  From 'Nemo' movie, 'all drains lead to the sea', and the bay is polluted enough with black water, actually quite disgusting, as I noted earlier on the southern end of the surfside.  Nobody walks in the sand there.

5 hours ago, billsmart said:

What's disgusting and not very jmn is whining about a little dog poop on a beach when our oceans are being filled up with human trash. IMO, you need to reprioritize your complaints. ☹

Again you are showing your ignorance

On 12/1/2021 at 2:57 PM, Stocky said:

What on Earth has being environmentally conscious got to do with inconsiderate dog owners that let their pooch befoul the environment for others? I wish to see neither plastic bags nor dog faeces on the beach. People who leave either deserve nothing but my utter contempt. 

Okay, but just don't leave your contempt out on the beach... ????

1 minute ago, Stocky said:
4 minutes ago, billsmart said:

Okay, but just don't leave your contempt out on the beach... ????

No, you already have it.

That's fine then because I can just ignore it instead of starting a thread whining about how much it annoys me when Stocky is contempful. ????