Tourism minister questions Thailand’s 2pm-5pm alcohol ban

webfact

On 11/30/2021 at 10:43 AM, JonnyF said:

Personally I'd rather they removed the stupid laws, and enforced the serious ones rather than getting some cheap thrill out of "getting away with it" or "beating the system" by buying a beer at a Mom and Pop shop at 3pm. But then, I'm not 14 anymore.

Thrill? Sure you're not 14? Apart from election days and major religious holidays, it's commonly accepted in this country that mom and pop shops sell alcohol from 2pm to 5pm. It's not like anyone are wrapping up alcohol in newspaper etc. from 2pm to 5pm.

People buy alcohol between 2pm and 5pm because they want alcohol, I have yet to meet anyone who goes to buy alcohol at those hours because it makes them feel like a slippers-wearing version of James Bond.

9 hours ago, bergan said:

Thrill? Sure you're not 14? Apart from election days and major religious holidays, it's commonly accepted in this country that mom and pop shops sell alcohol from 2pm to 5pm. It's not like anyone are wrapping up alcohol in newspaper etc. from 2pm to 5pm.

People buy alcohol between 2pm and 5pm because they want alcohol, I have yet to meet anyone who goes to buy alcohol at those hours because it makes them feel like a slippers-wearing version of James Bond.

You might want to read the whole thread before misrepresenting what I said. Assuming your reading and comprehension skills are at least equivalent to that of a 14 year old, you would see that I was responding to another poster who said they are OK with these stupid laws because they get a thrill out of breaking them. Now, go read it again - slowly. Good lad.

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Never seen that happen for months around here in Chonburi. 

The only people that wear helmets are grab drivers or people commuting to and from work on the main roads.

And those collecting on debts.....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

You might want to read the whole thread before misrepresenting what I said. Assuming your reading and comprehension skills are at least equivalent to that of a 14 year old, you would see that I was responding to another poster who said they are OK with these stupid laws because they get a thrill out of breaking them. Now, go read it again - slowly. Good lad.

You better go back and have a look before questioning other peoples reading skills mate, the first mention of any thrill came from you. The member saying 'there's nothing wrong with a 'cheap thrill' was simply replying to your post.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bergan said:

You better go back and have a look before questioning other peoples reading skills mate, the first mention of any thrill came from you. The member saying 'there's nothing wrong with a 'cheap thrill' was simply replying to your post.

Wrong again, "mate".

Actually it was Blumpie who first said he liked it. Bojo agreed saying "Nothing better than a challenge, a nod and a wink with the locals, and sense of beating the system..........................I hear you................Fun fun fun..........................".

Then Mick confirmed he also liked Thailand because he could break the rules. I then used the term 'cheap thrill' to make fun of those posts. You misunderstood that I was the one claiming to find it thrilling, when in fact I was poking fun at people who said they enjoyed 'beating the system'.

I know it must be all very complicated for you. So why don't you go back again and try reading it out loud this time. I've heard that can help with comprehension in the elderly. 

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...