Khao San "busy" on first night of alcohol rule easing - patrons need to be double vaxxed or take 100 baht ATK test to enter

webfact

When this was first announced there was some mention of an ambulance on standby to transport anyone who tests positive to the nearest covid prison, I would like to request a photo of the ambulance next to the 'testing station' if anyone is there.

Video of someone being dragged away while trying to enter would be a bonus.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Speedhump said:

I need to visit BKK tomorrow and Saturday. I might check out the nightlife such as it is. 

Does anyone know if its enough to show the Mor Phrom app, or do I need to carry and lose my yellow Covid passport? 

What's a yellow covid passport? I want one.

3 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

100 bht to enter with a rt pcr so you can not enter unles you get a test 2 days b4 entering

They want a ATK test. These Antigen tests can be done on the spot in 15 minutes. I have to do one on my daughter every sunday so she can go into school on the monday.

Incidentally, typical that they are even trying to make a profit on the tests to get customers in. You can buy these kits from the likes of Mr DIY for 75 baht for one but I just bought 25 from Lazada which cost just under 40 baht each.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I'm still confused as to why you need all the tests on entering thailand after showing double vaxed and pcr test pre-flight, whilst gathering in mass in Thailand you don't need to bother. If it were me I make them all test on leaving the busy areas if they want to keep insist on testing incoming people that are 99.9% negative. Pretty sure they would find more positives in the Thai crowds than incoming tourists.

I suggest you ask Anutin; I'm sure he'll respond very promptly and competently...????

4 hours ago, Speedhump said:

I need to visit BKK tomorrow and Saturday. I might check out the nightlife such as it is. 

Does anyone know if its enough to show the Mor Phrom app, or do I need to carry and lose my yellow Covid passport? 

Never seen anyone check anything.......you could walk in with a hacking cough and a fever.

Completely illogical decision. It's a _road_, just as the name implies, so it's sort of funny that you require to be controlled and charged, as always. I'm wondering if you just go to the nearby Soi Rambuttri and just cross it via the connection to Khao San Road, would there also be a CoViD-19 hospital that brings you to a prison if you test positive? It's just odd when there are multiple ways to get there that someone would try and go via the hospital route, he he.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Never seen anyone check anything.......you could walk in with a hacking cough and a fever.

Yes I just booked at a very good restaurant for tomorrow night and asked if showing Mor Phrom was enough. He asked if I was double vaxed, I said yes, and he said 'well no need to show anything'. ???? Lucky I'm not at all a worrier. 

Also alcohol after 2300h is 'not a problem'. Got to love Thailand. 

• Like 1

Getting back slowly but surely . Will happen everywhere else also , with the hickups involved ( see Europe ) . Not all is fine right now , and will still be for a few years (at least) , but there certainly is a neon light at the end of the tunnel .

11 hours ago, ukrules said:

Video of someone being dragged away while trying to enter would be a bonus.

Oh yeah. Rolling out the red carpet for those QUALITY TOURISTS. ????

KSR's been busy since at least a week ago. Check out "Enddless Life" on YT. Cool Indian guy about BKK and Patts. He was out there with everyone somehow getting tipsy off some unknown substance in paper coffee cups. ???????? The cops were out there with megaphones barking warnings, but never bothered to check anyone.

• Haha 1