Germany locks down unvaccinated people, as leaders plan to make shots compulsory

Jeffr2

12 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

You answered a troll question.  I'm guessing you're a covid denier?  Anti vaxxer?

The opposite . Covid exists and is an existential threat to humanity . Vaccinations do protect against becoming sick and death from it . Getting a vaccination is a good thing to do for the ones who do not want to become a burden to the hospital system and society .

I think , Vaccines should be made easily available in Thailand even to people who live in remote areas .

I live on an island near Takuapa , and there was no vaccine available in that region for a farang . Only my thai wife could get a sinovac shot at the local hospital .

I was offered a Pfizer shot in Phang Nga , but that would be a 300km round trip , and my driving license is expired . I asked them to notify me when a vaccination for a farang becomes available locally , but never got an answer ...

Edited by nobodysfriend
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Dene16 said:

Tesco have now finally forced the issue this week by declaring that no one will be allowed in without a mask so that my ageing mother can shop in safety???? 

Wouldn't it be safer for your ageing mom to stay at home and you do the shopping for her?

Edited by BritManToo
typo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

The opposite . Covid exists and is an existential threat to humanity . Vaccinations do protect against becoming sick and death from it . Getting a vaccination is a good thing to do for the ones who do not want to become a burden to the hospital system and society .

I think , Vaccines should be made easily available in Thailand even to people who live in remote areas .

I live on an island near Takuapa , and there was no vaccine available in that region for a farang . Only my thai wife could get a sinovac shot at the local hospital .

I was offered a Pfizer shot in Phang Nga , but that would be a 300km round trip , and my driving license is expired . I asked them to notify me when a vaccination for a farang becomes available locally , but never got an answer ...

Getting a vaccine in your area seems to be hard. Congrats to your wife for getting one and best of luck getting yours. Hopefully. Very soon, there will be more available.

I ended flying to the US in June just to get a jab. But I travel extensively, so it was necessary.

Again, best of luck!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

It will end. And be like the Spanish flu, which is still around today, only not as deadly. Killing thousands every year still.

It will end quicker if more get vaccinated. And more stop spreading misinformation.

IMO a significant part of the 8 billion humans on earth will not be vaccinated ( too poor, live in poor countries etc ), but continue to move around the world to find work/ better life. Unless countries do more to stop illegal migration IMO it's just going to keep bringing in new infected cases and new variants. So how will it "end quicker"?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, thvima said:

yes, just like you, it will end if you stop your useless ridiculous propaganda. Even in north korea they don't push as much as you do. you are ridiclous and you have lost the war anyway, millions will never vaccinate and avoid the troubles of a useless vaccine.

Millions will become dozens.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO a significant part of the 8 billion humans on earth will not be vaccinated ( too poor, live in poor countries etc ), but continue to move around the world to find work/ better life. Unless countries do more to stop illegal migration IMO it's just going to keep bringing in new infected cases and new variants. So how will it "end quicker"?

Thailand did mass vaccinations in migrant camps here to stop the spread.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Wouldn't it be safer for your ageing mom to stay at home and you do the shopping for her?

Yes it would but it’s a long way to go from Thailand to the UK every week and works out very expensive.

Even whilst in the UK,It was hard enough to convince her to stop shopping for everyone  else (half her age) even before she was vaccinated. My mother is and always will be very independent. Still driving now at 84.
I only but wish she would listen to your own advice and let me do it

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seriously? Google "death percentage from covid worldwide" and it tells me total cases are 264 million and deaths 5.23 million. Considering world population is about 8 billion that's hardly a threat to humanity, IMO.

Yeah , right .

But , if that is the case , why all this excitement and lockdowns etc ... ? Just to avoid hospitalisations ? Or to remote control the population ?

Why not just continue ' normal living ' then ?

Who will die , will die ... sooner or later everybody will , anyway ...

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Yeah , right .

But , if that is the case , why all this excitement and lockdowns etc ... ? Just to avoid hospitalisations ? Or to remote control the population ?

Why not just continue ' normal living ' then ?

Who will die , will die ... sooner or later everybody will , anyway ...

Some of us wanted to do exactly that, but we don't get a say.

Sweden had a go at it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seriously? Google "death percentage from covid worldwide" and it tells me total cases are 264 million and deaths 5.23 million. Considering world population is about 8 billion that's hardly a threat to humanity, IMO.

Perhaps a little more humanity is required.

5.23 million human beings, mothers, fathers, children, brothers, sisters, husbands wives.

5.23 million people who loved and were loved.

Go ahead, minimize this vast human suffering, doing so really does help your arguments.

Some ‘Humanity’ would be an improvement.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

As for locking down certain activities for the unvaccined i say yes.

As for mandatory vaccines, i'm a bit divided.

My heart say no, my brain says yes.

The longer this pandemic runs, the more i lean towards mandatory vaccines, but off course it's not optimal if we start to force people into taking their shots.

So start making restrictions for the unvaccinated, and let's see how that goes.

The vaccines has been tested quite some time now, and the serious adverse effects are really rare,

and it's not like the vaccines stays for years in your body.

So i think it's safe to say the vaccines are safe compared to what covid throws at us.

https://theconversation.com/no-covid-vaccines-dont-stay-in-your-body-for-years-169247

"Covid vaccines show your body's natural defenses how to recognize and kill the virus, then they disappear. They don't stay with you, they don't change your DNA, and serious adverse effects from vaccination are extraordinarily rare"

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Virt said:

The longer this pandemic runs, the more i lean towards mandatory vaccines, but off course it's not optimal if we start to force people into taking their shots.

That raises another question ... :

What will be the consequences on the human immune system by regularly becoming exposed to booster shots ?

What is the effect of regularly being infected with the inactivated variant of Covid that is contained in the vaccines ? Nobody can tell ... yet .

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

What will be the consequences on the human immune system by regularly becoming exposed to booster shots ?

What is the effect of regularly being infected with the inactivated variant of Covid that is contained in the vaccines ? Nobody can tell ... yet .

A speculative hypothetical based on no data at all, let alone any published theory by any scientific expert. Aka FUD.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Its being done for years with the yearly flu shots.

• Like 2