Soi Nana bars deserted: Thai media doing everything to link and blame Omicron for nighttime woes

webfact

12 minutes ago, charmonman said:

A negative RT-PCR test before travel is a requirement for entering most countries these days, hardly unusual. The only odd thing is it says one day when the typical requirement is 72 hours. 
Also, the bars and nightlife in the US is not highly dependent on tourists/foreigners, unlike a lot of places in Thailand.

That was a joke about the bars, but the whole point in the 1 day and the ( Air passengers will also be required to confirm in the form of an attestation that the information they present is true.) requirement sounds like the fit to fly stuff here.

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

There's been talk for many years that Nana Plaza was to be redeveloped, maybe this will be a catalyst?

(There was talk for about 10 years that Washington Square was to be redeveloped......then it wasn't.......and then it was).

Never going to happen. The Nana group could buy the land 10 times over. It's a cash cow and worth far more than some 5th rate shopping complex or condo. 

Sincerely 

MORRIS

Pfizer Booster 10/11/2021

Dislikes Cricket

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Mac said:

It's just an utter disaster, I am utterly sick of everything now. Also sick of wearing these damned muzzles and being looked at like I'm evil personified if heaven forbid the thing isn't covering my nose..

Answer me this, how come the UK has approx 70000 covid cases a day still, this country now has approx 7000 a day and the UK is pretty much back to normal and we are still in this rut all muzzled up?? Both countries have similar populations.

Thats an easy one to answer - higher vaccine take up. Currently stuck in UK, but received my booster on 29th November and although I like going to Thailand I'm in no particular hurry to go anywhere at the moment, especially not to a complete fluster cluck. Maybe the world will never be as global as it was but who really cares. Im looking at a nice Hymer and if I commit that will be the next 4 years sorted and my only concern will be how to travel around Europe without going through France ????????????

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Megasin1 said:

Thats an easy one to answer - higher vaccine take up. Currently stuck in UK, but received my booster on 29th November and although I like going to Thailand I'm in no particular hurry to go anywhere at the moment, especially not to a complete fluster cluck. Maybe the world will never be as global as it was but who really cares. Im looking at a nice Hymer and if I commit that will be the next 4 years sorted and my only concern will be how to travel around Europe without going through France ????????????

True enough about the vaccine take up, but lets face it this will still be pretty much the same when more get vaccinated, and I don't know the figures but it must be pretty high here now % wise.

As for the masks, I can see us being 'told' you wear them for frigging years..

• Like 1