Jump to content

Covid extension 30 or 60 days?


Recommended Posts

Hello, 

 

Can anyone shed light on the length of a covid extension. I had a rather bad experience at Jomtien this week.

 

Last year I received a 60 day extension to my non O. This time only 30 days and a very aggressive come back pay again. For the 1,900 I wish I had just applied for the 60 day extension based on marriage. The wife was with me and had all documents. Just another bad day at the office 😞

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was that 30 day extension stamp or is it a under consideration stamp with a report back date on it. And when you go back they will do the 60 day extension stamp.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Was that 30 day extension stamp or is it a under consideration stamp with a report back date on it. And when you go back they will do the 60 day extension stamp.

 

 

No, my due date was 07-12 21 I went Thursday (issues with TM30) as last time I got under consideration. Friday

he gave me 30 days there and then from Friday so I lost days again. 30 days starting 03-12 

Edited by Big Bert
Link to post
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Big Bert said:

No, my due date was 07-12 21 I went Thursday (issues with TM30) as last time I got under consideration. Friday

he gave me 30 days there and then from Friday so I lost days again. 30 days starting 03-12 

Strange. COVID extensions have always been 60 days. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ohyesuare said:

Strange. COVID extensions have always been 60 days. 

When I asked a very aggressive come back pay again. I wanted to tell him where to stick it but suspect that would not do my cause much good.

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Big Bert said:

When I asked a very aggressive come back pay again. I wanted to tell him where to stick it but suspect that would not do my cause much good.

There was some text in the latest order that went along with the covid extension that basically meant it's more at the IO's discretion so I guess that might count for how many days to give too. Or he just wasn't happy that you were only paying 1900 and not going through an agent so he gets a cut.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Big Bert said:

No, my due date was 07-12 21 I went Thursday (issues with TM30) as last time I got under consideration. Friday

he gave me 30 days there and then from Friday so I lost days again. 30 days starting 03-12 

Did you have a letter from your embassy requesting it? If yes they more of done the 30 day extension based upon it under a clause of the police order for them instead of the covid 19 extension.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Did you have a letter from your embassy requesting it? If yes they more of done the 30 day extension based upon it under a clause of the police order for them instead of the covid 19 extension.

No, no letter, last year was not needed. I asked for 60 based on marriage and was told, get 60 for covid then can apply for 60 again based on marriage, not that I needed it. the Covid was easier to apply for. 

 

Ok thanks for the heads up. I just feel a little ripped of and wasted my time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

There was some text in the latest order that went along with the covid extension that basically meant it's more at the IO's discretion so I guess that might count for how many days to give too. Or he just wasn't happy that you were only paying 1900 and not going through an agent so he gets a cut.

Thanks, I wish I had the 60 based on marriage, bit more work but would have been same price.

 

Thanks bud.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fisrt they do not want you to come in a few days before the extension  expires.   They would ask you come two weeks before, and there used to be a sign saying this posted.  I have been here since before covid, getting first the amnesty,  and then the 60 day extensions.  I always have to make two or three trips to immigration,  first day apply, and maybe get the under consideration,  or give me a number come back the next day, and get the under consideration stamp, so thats two trips.  And I am told to return 3 weeks to a month after this where they will take my passport  and give me a number and comeback the next day for the decision.   So it works out though  I get 60 days I still have to go in once a month.  Well thats been my experience  the whole time.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Fisrt they do not want you to come in a few days before the extension  expires.   They would ask you come two weeks before, and there used to be a sign saying this posted.  I have been here since before covid, getting first the amnesty,  and then the 60 day extensions.  I always have to make two or three trips to immigration,  first day apply, and maybe get the under consideration,  or give me a number come back the next day, and get the under consideration stamp, so thats two trips.  And I am told to return 3 weeks to a month after this where they will take my passport  and give me a number and comeback the next day for the decision.   So it works out though  I get 60 days I still have to go in once a month.  Well thats been my experience  the whole time.

Thanks,

 

I done last year all very easy. I get the impression they want money. If I had my original request of extension based on marriage I would have 60 days for 1,900 bhat.

 

The attitude and aggressiveness was rather uncalled for, I was dressed correct and polite as always.

No signs up and only info from the guy on the front desk.

 

Next I will insist on the correct extension or leave. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What are the docs needed for the 60-day extension when you're on the O visa through marriage? After nearly 20 years here I can't remember ever doing an extension on a non-imm O, only a B or maybe a tourist visa at Suanphlu. Haven't been to CW for any reason in yonks either. Do I have to take all the stuff I needed to get the visa in the first place?

 

My 90 days single entry is up on the 11th and I'm planning to go to CW on the 9th. After a month of the 60 days I plan to apply for the 1-year extension. My 400k is sitting in my shiny new account as we speak and will have been in there 2 months by then. Despite having been here so long, I've a lot of new immigration experiences at this time, it seems (soon to have the online 90-day reporting, hopefully), and I still don't feel any more on top of it than I did when I was first here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, fauxie said:

What are the docs needed for the 60-day extension when you're on the O visa through marriage? After nearly 20 years here I can't remember ever doing an extension on a non-imm O, only a B or maybe a tourist visa at Suanphlu. Haven't been to CW for any reason in yonks either. Do I have to take all the stuff I needed to get the visa in the first place?

 

My 90 days single entry is up on the 11th and I'm planning to go to CW on the 9th. After a month of the 60 days I plan to apply for the 1-year extension. My 400k is sitting in my shiny new account as we speak and will have been in there 2 months by then. Despite having been here so long, I've a lot of new immigration experiences at this time, it seems (soon to have the online 90-day reporting, hopefully), and I still don't feel any more on top of it than I did when I was first here.

To apply for the 60 day extension to visit your wife she will need to be with you. Copies of your marriage certificate, wifes house book registry and ID card. The also may want a up to date printout of your Kor Ror 2 marriage registry that can be requested at any Amphoe or Khet.

You will need a competed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached, Copies of your passport photo page, visa, arrival stamp and TM6 departure card.

You could also apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension. Same passport copies and form.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

To apply for the 60 day extension to visit your wife she will need to be with you. Copies of your marriage certificate, wifes house book registry and ID card. The also may want a up to date printout of your Kor Ror 2 marriage registry that can be requested at any Amphoe or Khet.

You will need a competed TM7 form with a 4 X cm photo attached, Copies of your passport photo page, visa, arrival stamp and TM6 departure card.

You could also apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension. Same passport copies and form.

Thanks! Ok, no worries, I have some spare copies for nearly all of those. I'll download the TM7 and try to have everything ready so I'm not faffing about when there. Cheers again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/4/2021 at 2:38 PM, Big Bert said:

Last year I received a 60 day extension to my non O. This time only 30 days and a very aggressive come back pay again

 

Did you leave and return recently? Is this your first extension since entry? If so the first extension is 30 days, I think. After that you can get a 60 day COVID extension.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Did you leave and return recently? Is this your first extension since entry? If so the first extension is 30 days, I think.

He is on non-o visa there is no 30 day extension of them. That is only for tourist and visa exempt entries.

He had already got a 60 extension visit his wife.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If I were to arrive mid December on a visa waiver and wanted to get an extension by mid January, would I receive a regular 30 day extension or a be able to obtain a 60 day covid extension?

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, faxx said:

If I were to arrive mid December on a visa waiver and wanted to get an extension by mid January, would I receive a regular 30 day extension or a be able to obtain a 60 day covid extension?

Most offices will require you to apply for the 30 day extension before you can apply for the 60 day covid 19 extension.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/4/2021 at 6:45 PM, Big Bert said:

Thanks,

 

I done last year all very easy. I get the impression they want money. If I had my original request of extension based on marriage I would have 60 days for 1,900 bhat.

 

The attitude and aggressiveness was rather uncalled for, I was dressed correct and polite as always.

No signs up and only info from the guy on the front desk.

 

Next I will insist on the correct extension or leave. 

 

Don't take it personally. A lot of them just have an attitude that has nothing to do with what you do or what you did. The new immigration boss cut all their chances for side ventures to earn more I think so they might be grumpy about that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, boogiewoogie said:

When u apply for covid extension when does 30/60 days start? When u apply or when ur previous stamp ends?

When current permission of stay ends. Not the day you apply

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

When current permission of stay ends. Not the day you apply

Thats where I'm all messed up I was due to expire today 7th so I applied last week and expected an under consideration and return today for my 60 day stamp. They issued 30 day from Friday so I lost 30 days plus the 4 days to the 7th.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Big Bert said:

Thats where I'm all messed up I was due to expire today 7th so I applied last week and expected an under consideration and return today for my 60 day stamp. They issued 30 day from Friday so I lost 30 days plus the 4 days to the 7th.

You applied for a covid extension 60 days. Your current permit ends Dec 7 so regardless of when you apply your 60 days will run from Dec 7.

They have been giving under consideration stamp and when you return normally that stamp would be the 60 days from your previous permit. 

In your case that would be through till approx Feb 7. 

Note: I did not read all the posts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

You applied for a covid extension 60 days. Your current permit ends Dec 7 so regardless of when you apply your 60 days will run from Dec 7.

They have been giving under consideration stamp and when you return normally that stamp would be the 60 days from your previous permit. 

In your case that would be through till approx Feb 7. 

Note: I did not read all the posts. 

What they give me was 30 days so I go back in January 5th or something. When I ask why not 60 days. Come back pay again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Big Bert said:

What they give me was 30 days so I go back in January 5th or something. When I ask why not 60 days. Come back pay again.

I think this is misunderstanding. 

Two things are clear. 

Firstly on Jan 5th you receive a stamp that takes you through to approx Feb 5 and that for the entire process from when you first applied the cost is 1900baht in total. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I think this is misunderstanding. 

Two things are clear. 

Firstly on Jan 5th you receive a stamp that takes you through to approx Feb 5 and that for the entire process from when you first applied the cost is 1900baht in total. 

 

Sorry but that makes no sense. Jan this year I applied early and got my under consideration then 60 days. 

Why would they split it in 2? I should of applied for 60 day marriage extension, paid 1,900 and that would have been it, done.

 

Never mind I will see after new year with another day wasted but I know it'll be pay again. 

FYI I will have the marriage extension next time, not going through this again.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Big Bert said:

FYI I will have the marriage extension next time, not going through this again

Actually imm could put the case that why are you obtaining covid extensions.

Being married and I presume had a non O you could obtain extensions based on marriage. 

 

Edited by DrJack54
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...