Covid extension 30 or 60 days?

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Actually imm could put the case that why are you obtaining covid extensions.

Being married and I presume had a non O you could obtain extensions based on marriage. 

Refused to accept application as covid extension is easier.

As Ubonjoe stated, There is no 30 days on a marriage extension so I really an baffled as to what happened to me. He did not miss the non o as it on the facing page to where he placed the 30 days.

Like I say, see what happens on the 5th......

3 hours ago, Big Bert said:

Refused to accept application as covid extension is easier.

As Ubonjoe stated, There is no 30 days on a marriage extension so I really an baffled as to what happened to me. He did not miss the non o as it on the facing page to where he placed the 30 days.

Like I say, see what happens on the 5th......

Did you check your stamp? Is it actually an extension stamp, or an "under consideration" stamp with a report back date in 30 days?

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I am sure it is saws under consideration not extension. A extension stamp does not have are report back date on it.

Ok very embarrassed, yes under consideration to 5th. I had a bit of red mist going on.

Sorry guys and thanks for your help.

????

under C.jpeg

On 12/5/2021 at 3:26 PM, fauxie said:

What are the docs needed for the 60-day extension when you're on the O visa through marriage? After nearly 20 years here I can't remember ever doing an extension on a non-imm O, only a B or maybe a tourist visa at Suanphlu. Haven't been to CW for any reason in yonks either. Do I have to take all the stuff I needed to get the visa in the first place?

My 90 days single entry is up on the 11th and I'm planning to go to CW on the 9th. After a month of the 60 days I plan to apply for the 1-year extension. My 400k is sitting in my shiny new account as we speak and will have been in there 2 months by then. Despite having been here so long, I've a lot of new immigration experiences at this time, it seems (soon to have the online 90-day reporting, hopefully), and I still don't feel any more on top of it than I did when I was first here.

Just to follow up, I went to Div. 1 at CW last Thursday and I actually got 81 days. They basically said that with COVID as it is they were kind of keen to give ppl a little extra. I didn't have the TM30, but still got my extension, and my wife was told to do the TM30 on Monday. She paid the fine, sorted that, and cut the line back at CW as instructed to go straight to the woman we'd dealt with and give her the required doc. Very speedy! I also got a list of things required for the 1-year extension so I'll start sorting all that soon. The overall experience was unlike any other I've had with Thai immigration, just so incredibly helpful and friendly. Everyone we came into contact with was like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fauxie said:

Just to follow up, I went to Div. 1 at CW last Thursday and I actually got 81 days. They basically said that with COVID as it is they were kind of keen to give ppl a little extra. I didn't have the TM30, but still got my extension, and my wife was told to do the TM30 on Monday. She paid the fine, sorted that, and cut the line back at CW as instructed to go straight to the woman we'd dealt with and give her the required doc. Very speedy! I also got a list of things required for the 1-year extension so I'll start sorting all that soon. The overall experience was unlike any other I've had with Thai immigration, just so incredibly helpful and friendly. Everyone we came into contact with was like that.

Don't forget 90 day reports.

On 12/15/2021 at 5:04 PM, overherebc said:

Don't forget 90 day reports.

Gotcha, but that'll only be once I get the 1-year extension, right? Been over on a single-entry non-imm O, now got the 2 months (well, 81 days extension), and then once I'm (hopefully) on the 1-year extension come early next year then I'll need to get into the system online and start 90-day reporting, correct?

12 minutes ago, fauxie said:

Gotcha, but that'll only be once I get the 1-year extension, right? Been over on a single-entry non-imm O, now got the 2 months (well, 81 days extension), and then once I'm (hopefully) on the 1-year extension come early next year then I'll need to get into the system online and start 90-day reporting, correct?

Your 12 month extension (first one) will start your 90 day clock. 

Then your first report will be done in person or via mail.

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Your 12 month extension (first one) will start your 90 day clock. 

Then your first report will be done in person or via mail.

Shouldn't 90 day reports be done no matter what visa/extension you're on?  According to MTT they don't apply if you leave and re-enter.  They apply any time you spend 90 days or more in Thailand without leaving.

Willing to be corrected.

6 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Shouldn't 90 day reports be done no matter what visa/extension you're on?  According to MTT they don't apply if you leave and re-enter.  They apply any time you spend 90 days or more in Thailand without leaving.

Willing to be corrected.

That's correct regarding exit Thailand and reenter.

Your clock is reset every time you reenter Thailand.

The guy I quoted sounded like he obtained non O (90 day). Prior to it's expiry plan to obtain an extension. That date starts his clock for his first report.

My understanding is the folk on covid extensions were not being required to do reports. 

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That's correct regarding exit Thailand and reenter.

Your clock is reset every time you reenter Thailand.

The guy I quoted sounded like he obtained non O (90 day). Prior to it's expiry plan to obtain an extension. That date starts his clock for his first report.

My understanding is the folk on covid extensions were not being required to do reports. 

Could be that if they get the covid ext' at MTT.  

Had another look and the card stapled in my passport has a date for reporting in March, which will be after I go to apply for and hopefully successfully get the 1-year extension. Presumably getting the 60 day (again, actually 81) extension started a new clock, therefore, and presumably I will get a new card stapled in my passport with a new date if and when I get the extension.