Is it possible to get finance on a car that is still on finance?

Johnny Mac

First, ask to your wife, 

Due a bad economy time, can think also in a scam from someone try to ask you a money, no wife at home, farang scare lost car, farang pay... 

Monkey think.

So, if wife doesn't know anything,  wait and don't pay to nobody, if they came back and asking again, call main office bank for question. If they can take your car, they will do, not just asking.

On 12/4/2021 at 6:39 PM, robblok said:

If I was in a relation like that id get a trusted Thai speaker to contact the guy and get the details and of course get a divorce (if the wife took out a loan without teling me on property i paid for). 

WOW!!    So much for talking it over huh?

Immediately get a divorce?

Bought a new car on 4 year finance and didn’t get blue book until paid ioff. Loan was through 

Tisco who sent a very detailed statement every month. OP perhaps it’s related to one of the

other vehicles......   

9 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

Bought a new car on 4 year finance and didn’t get blue book until paid ioff. Loan was through 

Tisco who sent a very detailed statement every month. OP perhaps it’s related to one of the

other vehicles......   

While the car/truck is on finance you can still borrow money.

Unless things have changed. 

Edited by Kwasaki

it may not have been another loan secured against the car, she could have had debt from other loans like cash advance cards or credit cards, if that had went through the court and they got a judgement, then they could seize anything in her name, including cars and bikes

If you borrow money from a bank against your car that is paid and they get the book as security then after a certain amount of repayment they will offer to loan you more money again in circumstances.

They do come if you miss payments for a month or two but usually just to chase you up hoping you pay. If you are struggling to meet the initial monthly amount agreed they can even work out a way you can pay less a month. They would rather the cash keeps coming in instead of the hassle of taking the car and having to sell it etc .

Easiest to roll the Everest loan into a new one with the existing lender, if they will do that.  But for 6k - 7k baht not sure if that accomplishes anything as she can just take out another loan, and perhaps already has.  In your shoes one of the (many) things I'd want to know before bailing her out would be where exactly she thought the money was going to come from to pay the loan back. 

On 12/5/2021 at 9:03 AM, Johnny Mac said:

Great work, Columbo.

If you had read my OP properly, you would have read that I have not even asked her about the loan.

Teachers report: C- Must do better.

First off Sherlock you said you had it out with her on it which implies you did ask her. 

What I said is I would be curious if there were other hidden loans  you don't know about    so next time get your story straight